• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Silent Mary POTC SALAZAR SHIP MOD idea

I can make all the black parts transparent. Is that what you mean?
No need for that, first we need to finish all parts of the deck I mean we need to draw it. I'm not able to finish the deck coz I dt have time for that now so if any artist can finish it it will be nice to see the result. This ship is still not ready deck is nor ready (10% from 100%). Maybe I will finish it in the future but for now any artist who will be able to help with the deck is needed :keith

I would love to take a look at this ship myself. But I can't figure out which program to open the file extensions in. the .GM extension doesn't ring a bell. Could someone clarify this for me please?

Thank you very much, I got the program and the viewer to work. Now I'm in no way an experienced user. But I wanted to export the model to Blender, I thought I could export as an OBJ, but when I opened it up in Blender it looked like a gray exploded mesh. I have tried following older tutorials on this website using Maya 5. But the tutorial links for the downloading of the programs, such as Maya 5 and TOOL do not work anymore. If anyone could either explain all of this to me, or if they are able to correctly export the SM model to an OBJ.

In general ... have fun.
Thank you very much, mate!
Really appreciate it. :bow

What would it take to get this model as-is into the games?
Something is better than nothing, after all.
And if I understand correctly, this particular "something" is already pretty darn good!

@Jack Rackham, @Grey Roger and/or @The Nameless Pirate, how do you feel about that?

I wonder if somehow this might also work for @begginfokillz' Discussion - Silent Mary POTC SALAZAR SHIP MOD idea .
If so, there could be a prize for the people involved! :cheers

I am going to have to check the model again to say for sure, but if I remember correctly not a whole lot is needed.
It just needs to be registered in the code I think, and to maybe get an icon for it.

I could add it to New Horizons, but I am not sure if I could do it in time for the competition. I have other obligations for now.
So if anyone wants to do it for that, feel free to do it yourselves. :cheers

Last edited:
I see no reason not to add it. Whether anyone will find a use for the ship is another matter, but at the very least it can show up at Vanderdecken's shipyard.

What would it take to get this model as-is into the games?
For PoTC, it would need an interface picture, which means taking a screenshot of it under sail, away from any island, preferably in good weather. Then crop, resize, and add the picture to "shipsTM.tga.tx", and add an entry for it in "RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini".

Add an entry into "PROGRAM\SHIPS\Ships_init.c", a corresponding entry into "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ShipModels_descriptions.txt", and possibly an entry for a unique ship description into "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\common.ini".

can) here's the 8th wonder of the world)

by the way. for this job I also need a texturer) professional) you need to draw in 4k)

I have tried to put the Silent Mary into PoTC, with limited success. It can certainly appear:
Silent_Mary1.jpg
With that screenshot, I was able to create an interface picture. Silent Mary is basically a wrecked version of La Couronne, so I started by copying the entry in "Ships_init.c" for "FR_Couronne"; changed the settings for flags, cannons and "GeraldSails"; and gave it a 10% increase in crew to allow for it having more guns than "FR_Couronne".

Snag 1 is that when I put to sea, the game beeps and "system.log" complains:
Code:
Ship SilentMary doesn't have fire places
SHIP: Up trace error, ship SilentMary
I was able to fix this, sort of, by a hack which someone used for another ship. I renamed the base file to "SilentMary_hull.gm" (and also renamed all files plus the folder from "SM" to "SilentMary"). Then I copied "FR_Couronne.gm", hex-edited it to use a lot of invisible files instead of its normal textures, removed almost all its locators apart from the fireplace locators plus one "geometry" locator, and changed the "geometry" locator to point at "hull". That prevented the errors in "system.log", but also created a wrong bow wave because "FR_Couronne" isn't quite the same as "SilentMary":
silent_mary_bow_wave.jpg

So, for preference, someone who knows Maya should rework the base "SM.gm" (or "SilentMary.gm") to add the "fireplace" locators and fix the "trace error". Additionally, one spar is fixed to the foremast while another is a separate "rey" model which turns with the wind, which means if the wind isn't directly ahead or astern, it does this:
Silent_Mary_spars.jpg

The ship could also do with its own walk file. (Or "SAILORSPOINTS" file, if you're working with AoP, CoAS or TEHO. Either will do because there's a tool which converts between them.) At present I've set it to use the walk file for "FR_Couronne", which mostly works, but "FR_Couronne" has full masts which the crew then try to climb:
Silent_Mary_climber.jpg

And finally, someone needs to write proper descriptions for it because otherwise it's going into the game like this:
Silent_Mary_select.jpg :p

Back