• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Silent Mary POTC SALAZAR SHIP MOD idea

FlyingDutchman_Capitan

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Hello everyone here!

Well its been a years since 5th movie came out and I was hoping that maybe someone will create this ship in our game. Well since we didnt have any kind of 3d model it was impossible and hard to find anything to strart such project. Im a graphic guy so I do not know anything about 3d modeling... but im very good at textures.
There is a mobile game called "POTC TOW" and there is a 3d model of Silent Mary... well the quallity of this model is not so... but still its a 3d ship. Well if someone will be able to convert this model somehow and will work on it i will gladly help you with textures. So what to you think about this crazy project? :rolleyes:
87907636d155d176b75f8ac10d33c7fc.jpg

677e168893d9.jpg

The idea has been mentioned several times before.
Someone even had a thought of trying it with textures on an existing ship model.

But nobody stood up to actually do the work...

Well a modder that has the time and skills should be found, but even that is not enough; they probably would have to like the ship.

From what I understand, the last PotC movie is the least favorite for most, which os something that also contributes.

The idea has been mentioned several times before.
Someone even had a thought of trying it with textures on an existing ship model.
Silent Mary is a skeletal version of the Couronne, which we have in the game. However, the texture file is just different colours of plank, not a full picture of the ship. The model file directs which parts of the ship will be which colours by using the appropriate parts of the texture. It also uses several other texture files for details. So Silent Mary can not be just a simple retexture of "FR_Couronne".

Can I have the source right here? I did not find it in Build 14. Sido. We need to talk with you elsewhere) for example in contact)

Can I have the source right here? I did not find it in Build 14. Sido. We need to talk with you elsewhere) for example in contact)
Sure mate, hit me up on vk... dm me link to your profile. I also was looking for a model in last Build 14. Didnt found anything like silent mary.... Well I'm sure we need to grab it somehow from this mobile POTC version... and use it as a skeleton for our project

говрас стилюк my profile. I will not download the entire assembly. You can lay out a model or at least a screenshot of this Couronne?

Last edited:
I used 3ds max to translate wrl to obj. I can’t do it now. 3ds max does not open wrl.

Ah, then these plugins won't help you with this.

These will come in use when the model will be ready to be exported in the Sea Dogs games model format ".gm".

I am a bit confused, are you guys going to use the model from the mobile game?

Anyway if you are going to use the model from New Horizons then follow @Pieter Boelen's advice.

Back