• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Silent Mary POTC SALAZAR SHIP MOD idea

I don't remember one right now.
I remember where to get a higher detail cannon model, but nothing of the sort @Gowras wants.

If I find, something I will let you know. :cheers

Here's a pile of 10 cannonballs. I've sized it down as much as was possible with the TOOL.
It may need further size down.
cannonballs.jpg

Attachments

• cannonballs.7z
    10.5 KB · Views: 266
In the film, dead gulls fly over the ship. We need to implement this somehow) suggestions?)

Trailing particle effects?

I did that with the smoke/fog following cursed ships in PotC.

Of course the 'gull' particles would disappear after a while, to be replaced with new ones.
But something is better than nothing...?

It's better than nothing. I agree. But we need him to work on the model on all engines.

I know the particle systems are different between PotC and CT/CoAS.
And I haven't a clue how the newer one works.
So it can't be one solution for all games, unfortunately.

What is the easiest way to make locators for guns? What methods exist?
There must be a way inside Maya.
That is probably easiest, but I don't know how.
Maybe @Armada and/or @Martes know?

Alternatively, you can do it with TOOL.
Probably takes a fair bit of trial and error, but it's certainly possible.
The 'export/load from text file' option might help there.

If the Maya export doesn't work; maybe you can at least read the coordinates from there.

using this tool I will be doing this for 10 years) that's why I came up with this question) but the method with Maya would be interesting.

Thank you again for your help. Now I am interested in another nuance that I have already had in the past but again I do not remember how I coped with it. sound beep when loading.

sound beep when loading.
I believe that indicates the main GM's collision detection information is missing.
Should be possible to fix that with a correct export from Maya.

With a bit of luck, when you sort out those locators as in that example file, this will be sorted too.

export as usual. other ships don't squeak but this one does. There is a concrete solutions?

Hmm, I don't remember finding a specific solution to this problem, but there are some things you could try to fix it.

Take a look at the PDF in this thread: Tutorial - Editing and Exporting Models with Maya
Check the Model Setup section, and if you've already done that correctly, skip to the Pre-Export Checklist and try using the Polygon Cleanup options.

Back