• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Silent Mary POTC SALAZAR SHIP MOD idea

WOW, you've made some REALLY fast progress there!!! :shock

You can be proud of yourself. :bow

Again faced with this problem. I remember that I solved it before, but I don’t remember how... help please:ko

Again faced with this problem. I remember that I solved it before, but I don’t remember how... help please:ko
What method are you using to convert the ship to GM?
As far as I remember, you get stuff like that when the collision detection from a proper Maya 5 export is missing.

@Armada has indeed done that successfully before.

Not really - he fixed it. Probably by using Maya. I made a retexture of a ship AND added some extra parts. Guess it were those that caused
the problem.

I made a retexture of a ship AND added some extra parts.
Changing the hull geometry with the TOOL causes data to be lost from the GM file.
That's why the added details in New Horizons are mostly all in an "_deck.gm" file.
Then the only edit that's needed with the TOOL is to add one locator, which doesn't cause any issues.

This is not the case when changes can be added to a separate GM file. This wave was even without my intervention.

...and my changes are placed in a separate .GM file.
Adding/removing detail definitely causes it.

But you're right; we've had it on some ship models where ANY change caused the error.
Even just adding a locator.

Weirder still, we discovered that on some people's computers (back in the days), this corrupting did NOT happen.
We ran into it when we were adding flag locators as some main hulls have flags on there too.
@Thomas the Terror and/or @Captain Maggee helped out for those ships.

I assume it must've been some sort of software/hardware combination that made the difference.
And I also assume it got worse with certain Windows updates.
Just like GM Viewer used to show textures on characters just fine, but not anymore.

Ah... computers. :facepalm

The only way to fix this is to cut the protruding bow off and make it a separate object, which you can then re-attach to the hull using a locator in-game.

Have a look at the "FastGalleon" models from the NH mod in GM Viewer to see how this is done.

I remember that there are models of ships where the cores are next to the guns) does anyone remember the name?) I want to borrow this detail.

Back