• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Silent Mary POTC SALAZAR SHIP MOD idea

Why are you putting an unfinished ship in the game?) There's still a lot of work to do. I made it clear that it wasn't finished) If I leave rey motionless, then that's how it should be)

In general ... have fun.
That post included the files to download. So I did.
What would it take to get this model as-is into the games?
Something is better than nothing, after all.
And if I understand correctly, this particular "something" is already pretty darn good!
Following on from that, I tried adding the Silent Mary to my own test installation. It will not go into any general update until it is fully ready.

But if any of the files which I produced in order to make the ship playable can be of any help, I could upload them here in this thread so others can use them to test out the ship. What works in GM Viewer does not always work in the actual game!

Disabling it probably means adding in the whole entry to "Ships_init.c", then commenting it out. All the files would need to go into the game, including duplicates of a lot of invisible texture files. They're currently in "RESOURCE\Textures", used for, among other things, making towns that aren't supposed to show up in "Early Explorers" disappear. For them to work on a ship, they need to be copied into "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships". They're only 11KB each so won't take up much disk space, but it would be better if someone were to fix the base model so that the hack with the invisible "Couronne" is not needed.

And then, because it's disabled, nobody is going to notice it, let alone be encouraged to improve it. The folks who know about the ship and might be willing to fix the problems are probably reading this thread. Hence my offer to post my files here.

Unless you manage to fix the bow wave, or for preference fix the original model to stop it beeping and giving error messages...
Beyond my skills.
Requires Maya, which I've never used before in my life.

But I do prefer having the files IN the mod, because otherwise they might end up lost to Davy Jones' Locker again.
Though she'd have to remain commented out, of course.

But I do prefer having the files IN the mod, because otherwise they might end up lost to Davy Jones' Locker again.
Though she'd have to remain commented out, of course.
I don't, partly because that's extra disk space taken up on the hard drive of everyone who downloads the update, for something not being used; and partly because it wastes a slot in "shipsTM.tga.tx" which would be better left free for a usable ship.

However, the "Silent Mary" files can stay on the FTP site for anyone who wants to fix the ship, and as a further backup, I still have my own copy of them.

I don't, partly because that's extra disk space taken up on the hard drive of everyone who downloads the update, for something not being used
It is indeed a little silly. But is it THAT much hard drive space...?

partly because it wastes a slot in "shipsTM.tga.tx" which would be better left free for a usable ship.
Is space very tight there...?

That would be one of the reasons I would prefer to have her in there; at least that part would remain up-to-date then...

Oh well, doesn't matter much at the moment anyway; does it? :shrug

No, that thumbnail (not exactly a thumbnail at that size, unless the thumb belongs to a giant :D) links to a Russian website, not even to a photo hosted by said website.

Can you help me, how to install this ship to CoAS? Into PotC it works but I want also try into CoAS. Sorry for my English.

Hello, I installed the latest new horizon mod and edited the ship that i found very close to the silent mary, by swapping models on to sails, as well as the texture. The ONLY thing that is MISSING are the two TURRETS infront of the ship and the statue of mary in the bow. If someone can these turrets and the statue to the ingame ship, it will really look like the silent mary and I think it could really work since the ship already works in the game. the main folder of the ship is "battleship2" or Resources/models/ships/battleship2 Thanks a bunch chaps.
IMG20220926192921.jpg
IMG20220926193113.jpg
IMG20220926193417.jpg

Back