• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

Thank's!

The sails:
2lwlvg5.jpg

What do you think?

I don't like those sails they have holes in them. :rolleyes: xD:

On a more serious note, she's looking very nice and look forward to seeing her ingame so i can capture her and go around sinking everything i find with her as my flag ship. (at this rate i'll have a ship for every day of the year for my flag ship). :wp

Might just be the angle, but are the masts a little shorter than they should be?

They looked about right in a broadside screen on Page 5, they the same since then?

And what happened to all the rigging?
I have been out of the loop last few days, you re-doing the rigging?

She's going to be released near ;)
That's what I like to hear! She'll be just in time for my next pack of ships... :keith
By the way, if you come across any locator problems, you know where to find me; I know them inside-out thanks to so much experimenting. xD:

Hi, the only thing i can't do is the walk file\sailor points... the other things' ok...

I hope the last modelling photo ;)

Raised the masts, expecialy the main mast, painted in whit under the waterline :onya

sg369i.jpg

Excellent! :onya
But now the bowsprit looks too small (I think that's what it's called, right?) :rolleyes: Sorry if I'm being fussy. xD:

Looking good, Jack. But copper plates instead of white stuff would be better if you´re going for historical accuracy. :)

I'll resize it a bit too ;)

Thank's Bava, i'll change it whit copper.. have you got any copper plates texture?

Yes, that one's better, good job! :yes

I don't think the problem is the bowsprit but rather the size of jibboom and the doubling. The jibboom looks abit small. The bowsprit is the spar the terminates in the hull, usually near the base of the foremast. The Jibboom is the spar mounted atop the bowsprit. The Bowsprit and Jibboom carry the load of the fore-stays down to the hull to support the fore mast. The fore-stay and fore-topmast-stay usually terminate on the bowsprit. Depending on how the ship is rigged sometimes the mainstay terminates near the base of the bowsprit, but usually just forward of the foremast. The fore t'gallant mast and fore royal mast stays would terminate on the jibboom. Both of these spars are usually pretty stout because they carry the load of the forestays and for triangle sails.

Back