• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

Thank's :keith

Finally she's putted in-game, now i have to finish the locator work and then the release ;)

Some in-game pics:

25h32b9.jpg

23m8uts.jpg

2ninocj.jpg

Thank's a lot!

Some other of the work i'm doing, that it's really boring :cheeky , i'm adding sails and ropes...

jl2nia.jpg

1y20c0.jpg

Two photos of her in battle...

She looks magnificent!!!

I know it may seem boring, but those little details are the things that really bring the ship to life and make her even much more interesting.

Greg.

Great job, mate! :onya
I was just wondering, what's up with the foremast in the second screenshot on the ship being fired at? Has the mast collapsed? If so, it might look better if what's left after a mast has fallen is made shorter (a bit like some of pgargon's ships). But that's optional, I guess.

Thank's Greg and Experienced Captain, for Experienced, how long are the part of the mast that rest on board when the mast falls down, excuse the bad english, depends, for example in this paint you can see what i'm meaning:

h85507k.jpg

how long are the part of the mast that rest on board when the mast falls down, excuse the bad english, depends, for example in this paint you can see what i'm meaning:
Ah, fair enough, in that case you can leave them as they are. :doff

You chose a very, uh, 'appropriate' painting while on the subject of falling masts on an English ship... :facepalm

Might need to look at films again but I think she was slightly lower in the water.

HMS Surprise aka Rose today is higher in the water than she would be in traditional use with crew, stores and without modern engines and bilge pumps etc.. Might need to watch film again, but I do believe she was a little lower in the water than she is in, her copper bottom should not be visable so much I believe.

Hi, the waterline is on the line when finish the copper plates, in the photo i've posted it was on the peak of roll ;)

P.S. i chose that paint because it was the first i've founs :doff

No, but the time is near, the locator is already done, someone want to make sailorpoints? ;)

Yes but it may take a while, on top of everything else I've got on my to-do list. It will most likely be ready by the end of next week.
But I make no promises. :no

Waiting for Experienced Captain's work ;) i made some changes on the mast's falling parts, here the pics:

What do you prefer, better now or before?

2m7u4bc.jpg

2lntpwo.jpg

That's pretty cool; especially if you see it only when the mast falls. :yes

Back