• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

OK, I know I am probably sounding like a broken record and even getting a little annoying, but do have a time frame for when you are going to release her. :shrug

If you cant tell I am biting at the bit to sail her. This is a credit to you Jack! :bow

I am a huge "Master And Commander" fan! :mm

No problem, i hope in less than two week...

I added the gun deck walkable, no i'm converting it for testing...

It has been uploaded now, rename it before using ;)

@ Jack the builder: would you release a Hull-Version without the net mountings on the side and middle deck railing?

Do you want to release her for Pirates of the Burning Seas? (isn't she outside year bracket anyway?)

If not, if you want to release her only for PotC/CoAS engine, I would strongly recommend re-doing her from scratch with smaller polycount, and with less bland textures. Actually, could you make her a set of more photo-realistic textures? Something like Bavas testures on HMS Southampton?

All of this talk of poly count has me wondering. Would it be possible to make a ship pack in different resolutions? Say make a standard version, and then a low rez pack and a hi rez pack. The standard pack would work for most computers, while the lo rez would be for experienced computers and the hi rez for take no prisoners computers. Or is there something else I don't know about?

This works only for textures not polygons. Reduce the polygon is called to clear areas that are not seen. If you want to reduce an object more to construct it with fewer polygons. :shrug

Hi, the works is going on, now i'm from the mobile, i lost the internet connection on the pc, i hope to upload some photos for the next week, i'm finishing the gun deck, then the release... Only the locators may take some time...

The gun deck is alredy finished, like the ship:) I tested it ingame with the gun deck, the fps are very good, i engaged battle with a fleet with another two of it and a constitution and the game worked perfectly, now i have only to remove the name from the plate and edit some textures...

The gun deck is alredy finished, like the ship:) I tested it ingame with the gun deck, the fps are very good, i engaged battle with a fleet with another two of it and a constitution and the game worked perfectly, now i have only to remove the name from the plate and edit some textures...

Awesome. I am drooling at the prospect. Man, I need to get a life. :facepalm

I even have a beautiful wife but I am more exited to see your HMS Surprise. I need help. :yes

Thank's Craiggo! Now i'm making new masts... I hope releasing it in less than a week... Monday the photos...

:shock That looks so much like the real thing! Great job! :bow

Back