• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

I`d love to know that, too. I´ve found the plans for the original Rose a while ago, but I forgot where :p

The launch is near, i have to fix some things, like the path and locators...
I searched a plan for a lot of time, but anything, so i didn't use original plans, i make the hull until the gun deck whit original surprise plan, then i've make the rest basing on picture, like this that's a perfect view of the right side:

1zb70w0.jpg

I know that, I just wanted to be sure we´re all talking about the same thing ;)

Actually, while looking for pictures of Surprise's figurehead, I've found... something more :)
PDF describing changes to Rose for Master and Commander movie, including small set of Rose blueprints. They're kinda small and confusing (at least to me), but still... :)

Uhhh, very nice find, kazeite, thanks for sharing!

Here a pic ingame where you can see the ensign :keith

2nsqccj.jpg

And here she in battle:

fucmjd.jpg

What do you think?

I'm thinking she's looking great! But also that the mainmast and foremast are still a little bit short... :cheeky
Just a thought, any chance the yards could be textured black, like in the photo of the real ship several posts up?
I recall pgargon did this with his RN ships...

And did something go wrong with the masts in the second screenshot? Or is that some AOP glitch? xD:

@Experienced Captain: yes, really i want to make new masts and yards for her ;)
In the second pic you can see the part of the masts that rest on board when they fall out, i have to convert the textures...

@Craiggo: No, i have to add the anchors first, then i can release a first version, than make the masts and release them... :doff

Another update, but for now no pics, i'm making the gun deck for having it walkable... :keith

Do you thing of adding some net-textures on the quarterdeck railing like those of the Constitution, we have in game?

Back