• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

See attached! That's using the 12568013 value. Better?

Looks good mate, much better than red! I've been trying to find as complete of a color list as I could find for reference, so far THIS list of 500 is the best I could find. There is also a converter that might come in handy HERE!

Cool! That should help make sense of things if ever we need to again. I think you're officially the PiratesAhoy! Hero of the Day! :bow

I am just glad I can help occasionally, I have been working way to much the past few weeks, and it feels good to actually be doing something productive again. :nk

Looks awesome. Very much like the movie.
me.gif
That'll give the cursed Pearl a nice ominous feel.

Pieter, don't forget to post code updates when you can and when you think they're stable enough, because I need to be able to take video of them for our Beta 2 trailer.

Pieter, don't forget to post code updates when you can and when you think they're stable enough, because I need to be able to take video of them for our Beta 2 trailer.
There's some things I want to finish up on and then I'll post my latest files again. Maybe tomorrow or so?

There's some things I want to finish up on and then I'll post my latest files again. Maybe tomorrow or so?

Take you time, just don't dump it all on me at the last second.
icon_wink.gif

With all the recording I need to do, a video of this magnitude will probably take about a week to make, maybe less. I already have the intro finished, so that's something.

I want to get the special effects done in the next few days, because I still need to clean up the ship models folder, location texture folders, and then make Beta 2 before the end of the year.

In all honesty, these stern statues need to be completely remodeled. They haven't changed with all the versions of the Pearl. For one, the tails are all wrong, and the proportions are off, and the Neptune statues are supposed to have a back and front, but ours have the same thing on each side.
Well don't look at me, there's no way I can model something like that. I can only do simple adjustments. :eek:k

See attached! That's using the 12568013 value. Better?
YES, much better!
Nice one, Thagarr, for figuring out the colour coding. :doff

Ahoy! I can use these lights in the post 966, in AoP: Ct? :shrug And the fire spit?
I'm pretty sure you can use those light locators in any AOP game, yes. You just need to add them to the QAR hull model using TOOL.
The flamethrowers aren't finished yet though, and even when they're done, will only be compatible with POTC to start with.

How does this look? Do you think the fish are too dark? As far as detail goes, this is about the best I can do on those statues until someone (Bonjourmonami perhaps?) remodels them.
all that's left now is the figurehead and that won't be nearly as difficult. I put the Pearl in the shell too. lol

[attachment=7556:Fullscreen capture 11202011 62628 AM.jpg]

I think Imma go to sleep now. I've been falling asleep at my desk and haven't slept in my bed for almost a week. lol
mybad.gif

Sometimes I purposely stay up, because I only get to talk to you guys back and forth super early in the morning (for me).
But I can't do good work if I'm sleepy. Armada won't let me sleep.
razz.gif
haha

Har, har, har! The Queen Anne's Revenge's bow chasers now set fire to any ship they hit! :cheeky

I think Imma go to sleep now. I've been falling asleep at my desk and haven't slept in my bed for almost a week. lol
mybad.gif

Sometimes I purposely stay up, because I only get to talk to you guys back and forth super early in the morning (for me).
But I can't do good work if I'm sleepy. Armada won't let me sleep.
razz.gif
haha
Hey, it's not my fault we're in different time zones. This is an international forum, what did you expect? :slap

Anyway, your texture work is coming along very nicely!
Just one suggestion: have you considered bump-mapping for some parts?
The stern detail, for example, could potentially look more "3D" by using that technique. It's quick and easy, before you say anything.
It's just a thought, and you'll have to find out for yourself how it works in Photoshop.

Har, har, har! The Queen Anne's Revenge's bow chasers now set fire to any ship they hit! :cheeky
Brilliant! Any chance of a demonstration...? :will

And how's this for some spooky stuff?
Ooh, spooky! Too late for Halloween, unfortunately. xD:

Brilliant! Any chance of a demonstration...? :will
I can't really make it screenshot-worthy; it looks the same as any other ship catching on fire. The only difference is that the QAR's bow chasers will ALWAYS set a ship on fire upon a single hit.

I think we should move the cannon locators down to the Greek Fire emission points and lose the bow chasers;
that'd be more accurate and would also greatly reduce the range on the Green Fire, which seems fair enough to me.
At the moment, the range is the same as any ordinary cannon (and also fires whatever you load it with, including knipple or chain) which seems a bit overpowered for a flamethrower.

Until Armada tells me about bump mapping, the Pearl is done. Gave her new planking, anchors, touched up the face of the figurehead, gave the other statues faces, new textures for the everything on the stern, new grating, all in 2048 pixels.

Take a look, let me know what you think. Aside from bump mapping, I wanna see if I can make the sails look better, cause they sorta look like black cardboard at the moment.
dunno.gif

Also, Pieter, the walk file for the Pearl is messed up. they're walking in the air.

[attachment=7591:Fullscreen capture 11212011 65246 AM.jpg] [attachment=7592:Fullscreen capture 11212011 64950 AM.jpg] [attachment=7593:Fullscreen capture 11212011 61904 AM.jpg]
[attachment=7594:Fullscreen capture 11212011 61846 AM.jpg] [attachment=7595:Fullscreen capture 11212011 61839 AM.jpg] [attachment=7596:Fullscreen capture 11212011 61802 AM.jpg]

[attachment=7597:Fullscreen capture 11212011 61732 AM.jpg] [attachment=7598:Fullscreen capture 11212011 44222 AM.jpg] [attachment=7599:moddingNGINE 2011-11-21 04-33-40-42.jpg]

[attachment=7600:moddingNGINE 2011-11-21 04-32-31-46.jpg]

Back