• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

It's not every day one gets to see this pretty stern so close up:
Raa_docks.png
And of the other side of the same docks... I think someone has a leak to fix:
CrazyShip1.png
Speaking of leaks, you can imagine my surprise when I was taking that second screenshot and suddenly noticed a Pinnace sailing through my ship! She didn't stop, either:
CrazyShip2.png
I tried yelling at them, I really did, but it was no use. xD

Funny you should mention that ship as I was looking for a place to park this screenie.
does not fit.jpg

It seems nothing bigger than a Lugger fits that jetty at Bonaire.

AGH! That's really a shame on Bonaire. Since the "jetty ship" code doesn't distinguish between ports, we have three options:
1. Reduce the size of jetty ships globally in the game
2. Remove ALL ships from that pier in Bonaire so that we can keep the larger ones elsewhere
3. Adjust the code to use different size values for Bonaire
Technically, I suppose ships the size of the Raa Frigate really wouldn't more alongside a jetty, so we could go with Bonaire as "limit" of ships to use

The little Dinghy with water in it isn't too bad; that IS used as Jack Sparrow's near-sinking little "Jolly Mon" anyway. :razz

The game was never made to have ships sailing while you're ashore, so when we added that, the ships had NO clue of the land being there.
I can think of no way to prevent them from passing through. Except, perhaps, rotating the ship locators in the port so they're not pointed at the land.
But *I*'m not going to do that. :whipa

AGH! That's really a shame on Bonaire. Since the "jetty ship" code doesn't distinguish between ports, we have three options:
1. Reduce the size of jetty ships globally in the game
2. Remove ALL ships from that pier in Bonaire so that we can keep the larger ones elsewhere
3. Adjust the code to use different size values for Bonaire
Technically, I suppose ships the size of the Raa Frigate really wouldn't more alongside a jetty, so we could go with Bonaire as "limit" of ships to use
I guess one thing to consider is how many ports actually allow ships to moor at the jetties.
I think it would be a shame to have to globally reduce the size limit for jetty ships for the sake of one port, but if there are only two or three ports that allow this, then maybe we should reduce the size limit.

The little Dinghy with water in it isn't too bad; that IS used as Jack Sparrow's near-sinking little "Jolly Mon" anyway. :razz
I know, it's just funny to look at. Not suggesting we change anything.

The game was never made to have ships sailing while you're ashore, so when we added that, the ships had NO clue of the land being there.
I can think of no way to prevent them from passing through. Except, perhaps, rotating the ship locators in the port so they're not pointed at the land.
But *I*'m not going to do that. :whipa

I don't even know how, or if, we can rotate locators in TOOL. Probably best to ignore this issue for now, seeing as it's quite rare, anyway.

I guess one thing to consider is how many ports actually allow ships to moor at the jetties.
I think it would be a shame to have to globally reduce the size limit for jetty ships for the sake of one port, but if there are only two or three ports that allow this, then maybe we should reduce the size limit.
I know it is possible in Bonaire and Jamaica, but that's about it, I think.

I don't even know how, or if, we can rotate locators in TOOL. Probably best to ignore this issue for now, seeing as it's quite rare, anyway.
I'm pretty sure one of the XY or YZ or something values are the locator angles; should be quite possible to rotate. :yes

Uhm... Armada?
Actually, wouldn't that require patch editing too? I don't think we know how to do that. :facepalm

Uhm... Armada?
Actually, wouldn't that require patch editing too? I don't think we know how to do that. :facepalm

I think we can edit patch files in TOOL, and even read existing ones to save them as GM files, or vice versa.
The problem is finding the time; I still have other things to do, and that's difficult enough in this hot weather we're getting. We Brits aren't used to having a 'real' Summer! :ko

:rofl

As I remember it, the TOOL can do patches only as long as they stay horizontal. And in squares. Bartolomeu knows how to do it.
Anyway, it's not a pressing matter. We can just keep on moving ships away from that jetty.
As I said before, I don't think that Raa Frigate would generally berth alongside a jetty anyway.

This one deserves to be posted here. It's quite a gorgeous shot of me cursed fleet. :rofl

Attachments

• CursedFleet2.jpg
    CursedFleet2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 138
yeah right, TOOL cant read it but anyway my TOOl can even show the textures^^
Its not 100% accurate but nevertheless it looks very good :)

Pillat, did you have a updated/final version of those supernatural cannons, by any chance?

I uploaded it with my Dutchman_Addon.zip, on the FTP Server ;)

But this is all a bit old, give me a minute, I will pack it into an updated .zip folder, for WIP14 ;)

Back