• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Cool!
Well, since we already have half a Hail Ship mod, I may find myself trying to get that to do something for real once we've gotten somewhere with Beta 3. :wp

lol was trying to take some nice shots with the Pearl and the Dutchman but the water is gone in my tga's? and they are really really dark? :( that were so nice shots...

EDIT: Nevermind, found the error.. alpha-channel was activated

In that case, I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures soon! :cheeky

woah! I really like the shots with the Dutchman in the storm :)
seadogs2_0005.jpgseadogs2_0013.jpgseadogs2_0016.jpgseadogs2_0021.jpgseadogs2_0022.jpgseadogs2_0033.jpgseadogs2_0057.jpgseadogs2_0068.jpgseadogs2_0080.jpg

Nice shots, Pillat! :onya
Could you please only post your images as thumbnails, instead of posting the full size versions as well? That would keep things tidy.
Also, your signature seems a bit big, to me. Any chance you could make it, say, half as tall/wide?

yeah sure am working on it, it didnt seem that big in the preview^^
and yes the next ones will come as thumbnails ;)

That one with the lightning bolt is pretty well-timed! And I see you like the submerging ability? :wp
Black Pearl sailing into the sunset also works wonders. :onya

yes the pic with the lightning is my favourite :). And I love the submerge and emerge :D. Too bad that it goes straight up and not the front first, like in the movies^^ By the way, I read sth about the Black Pearl long ago, that enemies cant "see" her at night as special abillity.. is it possible to do that for the submerged Dutchman?

EDIT: It won't be possible to change sails for two different ships in my fleet, is it? Because I want to take a few movie-related screenshots^^

yes the pic with the lightning is my favourite :). And I love the submerge and emerge :D. Too bad that it goes straight up and not the front first, like in the movies^^
Shame indeed. We had to use the immersion code though, which doesn't allow for any angles. So that's as good as I know how to get it. :shrug

By the way, I read sth about the Black Pearl long ago, that enemies cant "see" her at night as special abillity.. is it possible to do that for the submerged Dutchman?
Enemies can still see her, but the visible distance of her is half that of normal ships. See PROGRAM\Screwface_functions.c:
Code:
    if(Whr_IsNight())
    {
        visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        // PB: Black Pearl stealth at night -->
        if(sti(GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")) == SHIP_CURSED)        visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "BlackPearl")        visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "CursedPearl")    visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "UncursedPearl")    visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        // PB: Black Pearl stealth at night <--
    }
Just add the Dutchman like this:
Code:
    if(Whr_IsNight())
    {
        visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        // PB: Black Pearl stealth at night -->
        if(sti(GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")) == SHIP_CURSED)        visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "BlackPearl")        visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "CursedPearl")    visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "UncursedPearl")    visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "FlyingDutchman")    visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        if(    GetAttribute(chr, "ship.type")  == "CursedDutchman")    visibility_range = visibility_range / 2;
        // PB: Black Pearl stealth at night <--
    }
EDIT: It won't be possible to change sails for two different ships in my fleet, is it? Because I want to take a few movie-related screenshots^^
All ships that have special sails set in ships_init.c should use those sails at all times. So that applies to all those film ships.
The only exception is the player ship, where the sails will be whatever you select in F2>Ship>Choose Sails. I tested this a few days ago and it works fine.
I got myself a fleet of the Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, Empress and Queen Anne's Revenge. I was able to modify my own sails, but not those of my companion ships.
Is that not what is happening for you? :shock

I'm in a later period now so this should be popular.
Oooh, nice! BIG battle with MODERN(ish) ships. :woot

Yes but the sails are somehow messed up^^ all (Queen, Dutchman and Pearl) are using the sails from the Queen Anne's Revenge^^ looked into the ships.ini, everything is fine.. :shrug:

I'm in a later period now so this should be popular.

Awesome! The Aurora is certainly not going to waste. :cheeky
For the record, I do quite like some of your earlier period shots as well.

By the way, does anyone else have any thoughts on my alternative sign texture from this post?
Back to the tavern sign atrocity, how does this look as a potential replacement? Didn't take too long to make:
TavernSignNew.png
I covered over the font-that-shall-not-be-named and chose something more suitable, then bump mapped the hell out of it to make it blend in.
Ironically, I used the base texture as the bump map detailing, so the old text actually helped to shape some of the scratches you see on the new text.

Yes but the sails are somehow messed up^^ all (Queen, Dutchman and Pearl) are using the sails from the Queen Anne's Revenge^^ looked into the ships.ini, everything is fine.. :shrug:
Can you ZIP up your savegame and post it here? I'd like to test that for myself. I tried and failed to cause such an effect myself. :facepalm

I really like steamships.
Thanks! Glad to hear we didn't go to all that trouble for nothing! :cheeky
How do they work from a gameplay perspective? Does their steam propulsion actually give you a proper advantage?
And how it their fuel consumption and engine damage effect linked to hull HP? We just threw it into the code, but never really balanced it.

By the way, does anyone else have any thoughts on my alternative sign texture from this post?
I think I already replied, but I'll do it again: Definitely an improvement. Me no likey overly cartooney stuffy. :razz

okay I switched to Black Pearl as Flagship and Dutchman as companion in this savegame. I am at open sea. They maybe wont have any cannons installed, due to my modded ship_ini.c and cannons. (I really didnt messed the sails in the ship_ini.c , like I said before). If you want to test it with the Queen Annes Revenge, she's berthed at Nevis/Pirate Settlement. ;)

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea 23-01-1752.zip
    915.5 KB · Views: 110
It is saying "incompatible save" for me. Which modpack version are you using? Check your main menu if you're not sure.

Edit: Apparently one of the Beta 2.5 WIP versions, but not the latest release. Not that should make a difference.
Indeed I'm having a hard time getting rid of those red sails. Needs further testing.

I think i downloaded the last forumintern update - thought it would be the same as the final release :shrug:

The final release is a bit different; recommend getting that one. But it doesn't contain a fix for your problem though, because it is a MOST peculiar one.
I've been doing a bit of looking into this and found that apparently your officers have sails of their own set. I didn't even know that was POSSIBLE.
So I do wonder how you managed that one. :wp

:D :D Ok cool :D hm maybe that helps: I bought these special ships alltogether and berthed them all, so that I have only my own ship. Then I switched the ships through because of upgrading and so on.. And I tested every ship shortly and switched the sails so that they fit. The last one I switched was the Queen Anne's.. and because of this, the last sails I switched were their. And since this, I even saw the berthed ships sails (I was berthing them at Port Royale before, so you could easily see the Pearl) were the sails from the Queen Anne's :shrug:

So I could only imagine that my officers copied my sailsettings. But I used for every ship another officer, so that seems a bit senseless..

EDIT: Does the final release has another ships_ini.c than my version? Because I modded it and dont want to make all the settings again.. That goes also for the Internalsettings.c , the items (I modded the swords) and the cannons.

Use WinMerge to find your changes and keep them. The modpack overwrites all code files.

You used shipberthing, eh? I wonder if that is what gave your officers their own sail code lines. I noticed one of your other officers puts red sails with a national emblem on there instead.
When I generated a brand-new officer and assigned that one as captain, the sails behaved properly.

Edit: Just figured out at last how to make a dump of your officers' character attributes and indeed they DO have sail attributes as I suspected:
Code:
viper_sailstype = set
emblemedsails = 
  nationfilename = Ships\Sails\sail_torn_red_qar.tga
  normaltex = Ships\Sails\sail_torn_red_qar.tga
That's where the problem comes from. So.... how did they GET that?

Back