• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Build Mod Ships

Hylie Pistoff - how about uploading a file with all of your ship updates to one zip? You can post it here and then everybody will see it. ( The FTP doesn't work very well for some people, including me )

Well, the ships are a WIP so putting up a mega pack now would leave out the future updates. Also, it is currently at 3mb. I would have to delete some other stuff to make room for it, and they will all be included in another patch that will be coming out soon. I still don't have Pgargon's or Jack Harrison's latest ships.

You are having trouble with the FTP site? I have identical folders on both the old and new sites now.

Armada: I found out how to fix the bulging sail. Now only one more sail to do.

Ha! I tricked it into working. :))

Armada: Look at these files and you will see what I had to do. I was too messed up yesterday to think of this, but you probably already know about it. Tell me which version you like best and I'll string some ropes on her. :whipa

What's the problem with the FTP? It should work just fine as long as you don't get confused between the old and the new.

I tried every combination I could think of, but it wasn't until IRF posted his links that the FTP worked for me. Now it is fine. :drunk Others should give those links a try. :nerbz

Here is a zip with all of the ships I have worked on since the release of Patch 6. Have fun ADOR! :cheers

With only one customer, that ship pack is history. I need the space for screenies! :razz

In other news, it has been found by Morgan Terror that all of the light frigates have a stern gun locator missing so that they only fire three guns. KevinAtlanta made a fix in 2007 that repairs most of them, but it was never applied to any build. :wp Now all of the hulls of the light frigates can not be read in TOOL, so that means that the ships that he did not fix will remain messed up until someone can figure out how to fix them.

Those are the: Cursed Corvette, FR_Corvette, PO_FastNavy, and RN_LightFrigate.

For some reason the hulls of the FastMerchantman and the NL_Merchantman are still ok, so I fixed the stern gun locators on those and posted them to my folder in the FTP. :p3

There are so many responses to that, all of which would get me banned.. :rumgone

Short answer: I got mine! How are you doing?

A better answer would be that the hulls in KevinAtlanta's file all work in TOOL. Maybe the remaining ships could be repaired somehow.

Pah; I wasn't intending to ban you any time soon. :wp

Do you have KevinAtlanta's files? The difference between his and the Patch 6 ones is probably the detail added by Seb.
It should be possible to use KevinAtlanta's file and re-add the geometry locator that puts Seb's detail on there.

Yes I have them. I used them to add cannon locators to the Fastmerchantman and the NL_Merchantman.

What did Seb add?

Seb added the extra details such as anchors, capstans, and a ship's wheel to many models. You can see them as '[Model name]_deck.gm' in most cases.

Ah. Found it. It is a simple matter of copying the "deck" line in the fastmerchantman into the light frigate GMs. They don't have it. TOOL is the only thing needed.

It is NOT that simple! :facepalm When I first dled them I checked and they were all good in TOOL. Well, now the only good ones are Corvette1 and Corvette1_47. None of the others can be read. I deleted them and the zip, went back to the FTP and got it again, and they are still bad. Sooo, I deleted and reinstalled TOOL. Still bad!

Could some kind souls look at them and confirm this? :eek:ops2

As far as I'm aware, being able to load certain files in the TOOL can be computer-dependent, as stupid as that sounds. :modding

That IS stupid. You'd expect lower spec machines to start lagging at worst, but not to just refuse to open a file altogether! :modding
Any idea what kind of specs you need? Or any ideas at all on what might affect this?

Actually, it might be the HIGHER specs computers that have problems with some files. Which makes even less sense.
Same with the GM Viewer not showing character textures anymore on new computers.
That one has to do with the newer .NET framework, if I understand correctly. Quite possibly the same applies to the TOOL.

Until someone proves otherwise I am of the opinion that those particular files are corrupt. I use GMViewer and TOOL for hours every day and only a very few GMs are bad.

OT but of interest to me is this chart i made last night. I was cruising around in Governors Harbor in good weather with only a couple of other ships there. In other words POTC was not working hard.

The first 4 lines show the video card. The game kicked it from 2D mode to 3D mode, but there was very little temperature increase. The 5th line is ambient temp. in the case.

The next 4 lines are cpu usage. POTC is using all 4 cores, which is a good thing! Many (most?) modern games only use one core.

Then comes RAM and HD usage. This bothers me because hardly any is being used. The more RAM is used the smoother the game runs.

Anyway, food for thought.

Back