• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Build Mod Ships

Well that narrows it down a bit, doesn't it? xD:
I guess the best I could do right now is give you my updated texture work, so you don't need to download it later.
While I do have pgargon's latest ships nearly converted, I still have pennants, interface pics and whatever else to do for them.
I'll probably compile a small add-on pack at some point, just to include all my recent content.

While you're away, I could always give you any extra work progressively, in small chunks, if that would work for you. :shrug

That'd work fine. I think I actually did manage to download one of your ship packs while I was away.
Somehow, my download speed went up magically high that day. But that doesn't exactly happen always.

I guess magically changing Internet speeds are down to a "gamble of long odds", aren't they? :wacko:

I was about to upload the textures for you, until I noticed the estimated upload time was nearly 50 minutes.
Now, I really don't want to stay up that much longer, so is it OK for me to upload this sometime tomorrow (probably around 1pm at the earliest, due to college)?

I'll probably be under way by then; might still be able to get it in the hotel tonight, but I'm not sure on that.

Damn, I'm probably too late then. :facepalm
I'm uploading the files to my FTP folder anyway, just in case. Look for 'Texture_work_for_Pieter'.

The files have finished uploading now. If anyone other than Pieter wants to give the new textures a try, then be my guest. :doff
Be aware that some of them don't apply to anything yet, as I need to release adjusted ship models for some textures.

It's just over 130 MB, fully compressed. Hopefully it's not too bad... :?

OK, I have redone the spanker on barque 1 & 2. The main GM on barque 2 works so I tried to attach some ropes to the spanker after fixing it. For some reason they just don't show, so I'm leaving them at that. :shrug

EDIT: I had a fit of guilty conscience and reworked the rigging on barque 1 & 2. Much more better now. 6-27. They are in my folder on the FTP. Old or new? Damifino.

The barque 4_47 is done and in the FTP. That's an English Bark. The Jackass Bark is next, then on to some class 6 ships.

The Jackass Bark didn't need hardly anything, so is done. I just tweaked it's nose a little. barque 3_50.

The Heavy Brig (brig2) now has new rigging as well as the correctly working Spanker. :)) More class 6 ships coming soon. :drunk

Check it out at the MODB.

After doing all 5 of the Heavy Brigs I moved on to the Packet Brig. It turned out to be the same ship. The only difference is that the lifeboat has been moved from the center of the ship to the davits hanging off the back of the ship. Oh, and its spanker works properly! :shock I never knew that! Now I'm wondering if that spanker could be transplanted to other ships and still work properly........... :nerbz

Another difference is the Packet Brig has reverse lighting, does it not? :facepalm
Its spanker is modelled inside-out, so that explains it working properly.
It's not the best of spankers, though, and it wouldn't look too good on many ships, in my opinion. :no

Still, you're doing a great job with this project! :bow

Yes, the hull has reverse lighting according to the Ship Cleanup List. It is also listed as a level 1 ship that is due to be dropped. I will be trying that spanker out on different ships tho.

I'm currently working on the topsail schooner for Morgan Terror and that thing is fighting me tooth and nail. That thing goes beyond your instructions and I'm trying new ideas to get it to work, but will probably need help with it in the end. So far I've got 2 of the three sails pointing more or less the right way, but one mainsail is bulging out the wrong way. :glare: I'm looking forward to getting to the ropes. They're easy.

Looks as though the sails for that ship are modelled at an angle, so inverting them might not have the desired effect.
Could you post a screenshot of what you've done to it so far, particularly showing this bulging problem?

Ok, I've had to stop. Allergies are too bad. Everything is all blurry and the trash can is full because of stupid typos.

The two main sails are done except for that bulge. The sails turn to port too far but are just right to starboard. This screenie shows them at their worst.

strange. but that's not the ship i mentioned, this is:

ENGINE2011-06-2520-20-44-46.jpg

it should be a bit easier than the other schooner. although all of them need fixing eventually, of course.

That looks like Hooker1. I did some work on that ship 2 weeks ago and it is in my folder on both FTP sites. You have trouble with 7zip, so I made a zip file too. Go check it out and let me know what else needs to be done to it. At that time I was in ahurry to get to other ships and might have missed something.

Back