• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Can't wait for skyrim to come out, I'm getting it for Christmas on the PS3.

I already pre-ordered it and will most likely be getting it on the 12th Nov.

Zomg you guys otta see the kiddie traffic on the Skyrim forums

There's a werewolf invasion going on now -- that actually smells like some stooge recorded Morrowind (bloodmoon werewolf) and is passing it off as Skyrim werewolf

complete with the ring of hircine

Skyrim's Out now :) (I know that was a few days ago, but I had completely forgotten about this topic until just now, lol)

Just got it yesterday. Looks interesting - hopefully it's better than Saints Row 3. Admittedly, I won that game, but it's been gutted for DLC and runs worse than the last title in the series. xD:

Yeah, problems I've heard about though

on the PS3- once your save goes over a certain about of memory, you will have increasing frame-rate issues until the game becomes unplayable.

on the 360- if you install the game to your HDD, the textures will look very bad

on the PC- the game will sometimes randomly crash.

on the PC- the game will sometimes randomly crash.
:rofl

that happens on any game

but in all seriousness :modding

check out the newer project in FO-NV about error corrections - seems many of the auto-crashes were actually caused by definable programming issues

Issues that Bethesda incubates :hmm

well, point is with skyrim, it crashes more than it should... and hey ruper, haven't seen a post from you in a while :)

k, you're kinda borderline trolling now... bethesda makes great games, do you even play bethesda games?

I Installed it to my HDD on my 360, and it doesn't look bad to me. I might just test out that theory for myself. Although I have heard about the texture problems, I'll need to do it myself. I like having my games installed to my HDD, so it won't make as much noise and won't get scratched as badly :) Also heard Berthesda are working on a title update to resolve the issue.

k, you're kinda borderline trolling now... bethesda makes great games, do you even play bethesda games?
No - I play Bethesda games

You know

like Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout3 and of course Fallout New Vegas

nothing like trolling from personal experience :doff

and autocrashing like a galleon over a reef.

If your game crashes at any common rate then you modded the game in a way it doesn't exactly agree with or you installed it wrong or you're trying to use it with a newer operating system without using compatibility mode (a common thing with morrowind and the new operating systems).

bethesda's games crash like crazy. Sure, it might do so because you don't have the perfect video driver for it, but what are the odds that you do? Besides, their games are always bugged, some way or another. Releasing a patch right after the game's been released is telling. Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27GuSSha0s&feature=player_embedded

More of a programming oversight than a bug, but come on. :rolleyes: You're asking for problems if you make a game that complex though. Can't think of everything. You can actually rob all the items from a storekeeper this way, since it affects his line of sight, and he'll be surprised to see all his items are gone once you remove the basket again.

If your game crashes at any common rate then you modded the game in a way it doesn't exactly agree with or you installed it wrong or you're trying to use it with a newer operating system without using compatibility mode (a common thing with morrowind and the new operating systems).
you've obviously never played oblivion

"If your game doesn't crash on exit - you don't have enough mods"

sorry, but that was a real saying

that's odd, haven't played oblivion on the PC, but I have it for the 360 and PS3.

hmm, not a bad idea, plus there's a modder site that does morrowind and oblivion mods, so combining the two might make for some good fun :)

Back