• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Decided to fire up the old desktop again today and get Beta 3 running on it.
Though it may be damn useless at most tasks, it can still play the game very well and produce some beautiful screenies.
It's been too long since I've played PotC with non-Intel graphics. :love
Beta3Screen1.jpg

The old girl still has some fire in her belly eh? What POTC needs to run well is a decent CPU, lotsa RAM, and the best video card you can afford.
Yeah, she still chugs along. Makes a lot of noise while playing PotC, but the game doesn't stutter, surprisingly.
I'll upgrade the machine when the time is right, hopefully when we have something playable for Hearts of Oak...

By the time that happens you would be better off starting over from scratch as you would have to replace.......everything.

I started off upgrading my 6 year old puter last January and now the only parts left from it is the hard drives.

Everything will need replacing anyway; motherboard, GPU, RAM, HD etc. I just figure it's best to keep the box and buy components than pay for a new machine.
Can't say I've looked into this yet, though.:shrug

Oh, Beta 2.3, eh? Indeed the Soleil Royal might have been the only Tier 1 ship available for France in that time period.
And in that older version, when you encounter a battle fleet, it would consist of ONLY Tier 1 ships.
That's why for Beta 3 that has been changed so a battle fleet consists of tier 1-3 ships. So that shouldn't happen anymore. :no

Actually I did not complain. They are fairly rare to meet anyway. And it was quite impresive, when most of them released the cannons ...

Everything will need replacing anyway; motherboard, GPU, RAM, HD etc. I just figure it's best to keep the box and buy components than pay for a new machine.
Can't say I've looked into this yet, though.:shrug

New hardware is much more powerful than the old stuff and creates a LOT more heat. You will also need a new PSU and a case that can mount a lot of big fans, unless you want to bore big holes in your current case to mount more and bigger fans.

I started out with a new motherboard, cpu, and ram. It is also cheaper to buy the parts and assemble it yourself.

Actually I did not complain. They are fairly rare to meet anyway. And it was quite impresive, when most of them released the cannons ...
No, *I* was complaining. I don't like such non-varied encounters! :whipa

No, *I* was complaining. I don't like such non-varied encounters! :whipa

Actually, there was one of ten - of the older 1st rates, even in 2.3. But I must say the encounters are much better after your latest improvement.

ENGINE 2013-10-04 23-43-05-46.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-04 23-43-09-04.jpg

I caught this ship in a morning storm soon after. The wavebreaker infront looks as real:

ENGINE 2013-10-09 01-28-55-83.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-09 01-28-59-40.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-09 01-29-34-96.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, do you have the Queen Anne's Revenge around there? There's a lot of Greek Fire to go around, apparently! :shock

Where does it come from then, I wonder?

And that location looks to be missing its COL files. Far too bright. That's not Beta 3, is it?

It's Beta 3 , Antigua or Guadeloupe, captured by the english. I don't know about col files.

Upd. Is it just me the maniac posting in this thread ? lol

ENGINE 2013-10-12 20-18-37-82.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-12 20-22-57-58.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-12 20-26-56-73.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-12 20-30-01-83.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-09 14-04-43-09.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-13 10-57-26-45.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-13 14-05-03-29.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-13 15-24-39-38.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-13 10-58-25-93.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-13 15-04-34-68.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the Waller Pinnace will be my fort attacking ship. Class 3 with 54-24s. It seems to be equivalent to a 4th rate. A Flueron class 2nd rate showed up in a shipyard but I am not good enough to buy it yet.
Waller Pinnace.jpg

Seems a bit of a small ship than I'd be comfortable with for fort assaults. I hope that'll work. :onya

Not by me. The more the merrier! :cheers

Ships properly lined up and spaced. They CAN be made to behave, more or less.
Waller Pinnace-1.jpg

Indeed I did. The other ships are all set by default to defend you, so they all try to go to the same point behind you. Order the third ship to defend the second ship and it will fall into line behind it. They will follow you into battle like that too.

Hmm smart. Mine go in all directions and do what they want... And I wanted just to order them "follow me".

Back