• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

The year is 1690 in the Tales of a Chevalier storyline, and that is as close to epic as I have got so far since I'm sailing a light fleut and getting killed in boarding fights. That is a French battle fleet chasing some pirates.

Some before Beta 3:

ENGINE 2013-08-12 22-57-24-24.jpg ENGINE 2013-08-18 21-31-07-00.jpgENGINE 2013-08-20 23-04-54-73.jpg ENGINE 2013-08-20 23-37-38-99.jpg ENGINE 2013-08-21 14-26-48-23.jpg ENGINE 2013-08-21 14-26-56-56.jpg ENGINE 2013-08-21 15-28-05-38.jpg

That first one is REALLY bright! :shock

And I'm glad we've got a different Frigate model now. Thanks, Armada! :cheers

Yep, Armada has added a lot of great new content to Beta 3! :cheers

Is it just me, or is that island quite bright compared to the sky? Clearly there IS lighting going on, but it still looks odd.
What time of day is that? Perhaps the game didn't switch to the night COL files yet.... :confused:

The islands are bright at night, just like always. I direct sailed for most of a day to get there and it is 02:09 hours.

Uhm..... :confused:
Willemstad_Port.jpg

Not for me it's not. o_O

Could you try going into Willemstad Port and going straight back to sea? Check if it IS dark then?
Perhaps DirectSail doesn't load the new COL files when the time changes? That would be REALLY annoying if that were the case! :shock

I already did that. Left on my next merchant run at night. Remember that I can not play the game when it is as black as you seem to like it and have it set brighter.

So I ran around town a bit, got a merchant run, and went to the dock. Crew morale was poor at all times.

Hopped in the lugger and set sail. Morale: poor. Went to world map, did the movie, and then the crew mutinied. Treacherous. Then sailed off to the destination. Crew morale: poor.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados. Speightstown port. April 20th, 1750.7z
    393.8 KB · Views: 77
I already did that. Left on my next merchant run at night. Remember that I can not play the game when it is as black as you seem to like it and have it set brighter.
I don't like it black at all. In fact, when I made those COL files, I deliberately brightened them up as far as it would go without the location turning all weirdly blue.
But completely glow-in-the-dark just doesn't look real. And it shouldn't be doing that now.
If you're happy with it, that's fine by me. I'm just concerned if the same effect might happen to other people who would prefer it to be dark at night.

So I ran around town a bit, got a merchant run, and went to the dock. Crew morale was poor at all times.
Hopped in the lugger and set sail. Morale: poor. Went to world map, did the movie, and then the crew mutinied. Treacherous. Then sailed off to the destination. Crew morale: poor.
Holy crappaloni, the code is behaving COMPLETELY ludicrous again.
The code is telling me that morale is about 32:
Code:
DailyCrewUpdate: old morale = 29.3261757, norm_morale = 60., moralemod = 42.9, moralech = 3.3935, new morale = 32.72
DailyCrewUpdate: ship morale = 32, morale = 32.72
There should be zero reason for a mutiny. But when I check morale AFTER the mutiny, it is "3". Which it really SHOULD NOT BE!

Turns out that the reason is NOT due to the regular morale code, but due to salary payment.
The game seems to think salary is due, but the movie probably interferes with the interface, so it is closed straight away.
This is considered "skipping salary payment" and causes an instant drop in morale with following mutiny.

Extract attached to your main game folder to fix this so you DON'T have to pay salary at the beginning of the game.
Not until NEXT month anyway. I could use some confirmation that salary payment DOES kick in after the first month.
It should do, but I haven't tested it yet.

Anyway, I have updated all Beta 3 installer EXE files to include these two files too.
Don't want people running into instant post-tutorial mutinies, do we? :shock

Attachments

• salary_fix.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 87
At least there IS some shadow on that island. Still bright though. :confused:

Something about hiring crew is off a bit. Installed the salary fix and played some more. Traded in the lugger for a larger hoy with a smaller crew and then got caught in a storm and only lost 1 man. Doing better now and morale was up to 52 when I went into the tavern to hire 1 crewman. Immediately checked the crew and by hiring 1 man with awful morale the whole crew dropped to treacherous. I bribed them with a bonus and sailed away, and in a few days all was well again.

Back