• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

My encounter with a small American fleet, Glad they weren't hostile!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 174
That's a nice fleet you've got there! You do need a new spyglass though. :wp

Please note you've posted each screenshot twice. Try to avoid that if you can.

Indeed! Impressive widescreen ones too. And I like that you added the logo as well. :cheers

Netheaeru, I really like those pics! Some nice glory shots of ships I built and worked on :) Would be great for moddb

And to the other modders, I noticed in these pics that there are pennants on the fore and mizzen of the 44s, did someone change that recently? There should only be the one on the main.

Last edited:
Thanks Armstrong, and if you're looking for the culprit who put those flags there.. that would be me :D It's only photoshop so no worries. I'm not to well known with the historical accuracies of the ships so i thought the pennants weren't rendered by the game... so i put them back. Guess i didn't have to :p

Uhm.... Priatnia, I was talking about Nethaeru's three shots.
I'll get around to posting your stuff as well though. :yes

I'm still struggling to find the sweet spot with this video card, but at least the IQ is good. Look how well the fish nets and ladders show up. If only the frame rate was good enough to record action..........
fishnet.jpg

Problem with the Postillionen's flagpole, there? It should of course be showing an ensign.

Huh! I never noticed that as it is the third ship and is always way back there.

Hmm. Typical French arrogance unfounded on facts.
This video card just came out 2 weeks ago and while it gets 100-200fps in DX11 games it only gets 20-50 fps in POTC. In large battles the fps falls below 30, so they are out. There have been no interesting small battles to record.

This game doesn't stop to amaze me. Even a carrack may look good sometimes: ENGINE 2013-11-01 20-01-42-74.jpg

Brigantine caught well ENGINE 2013-11-01 00-28-22-97.jpg

Sun and ... ENGINE 2013-10-31 14-30-22-96.jpg

1550s battle ENGINE 2013-10-31 12-58-25-69.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-31 13-02-34-28.jpg

Some screenies from this new install. It runs MUCH better than the broken one. :wp

The Gap. B3 the gap.jpg

882 curses! B3 882 curses.jpg

Getting chased by a battle fleet at night. B3 battle fleet.jpg

Leaving Jamaica after a smuggling run with the English fleet in me wake. B3 smuggling.jpg

Back