• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Realism with Health, Potions, Stamina, etc.

Mixtures are pretty good items to have available in infinite amounts in the early game! :shock
Perhaps they should just sell infinite amounts of bandages. Text should be changed to reflect that. But at least then you'd never have to run out of the lowest-level healing items.

New dialog - First Time:
Code:
"Good day, stranger. Does your crew keep getting hurt in nasty, yet lucrative 'accidents'? I can offer you a simple bandage to stop their bleeding at the bargain price of 120 gold a piece!",
"Indeed I can't afford to lose my crew. I'll take it! And I'll be sure to talk to you again if I need more.",
"100 gold, eh? I think I've seen 'em cheaper at the store in town. And THAT is where I'll get them from if I need them!",

New dialog - Second Time:
Code:
"Injuries? Terrible bleeding? I've got more bandages if you need them! Just give the word.",
"It seems my salty seadogs just CAN'T seem to take proper care of themselves. I'll take another!",
"And the word is NO. I'll be going now.",
Price is 120 gold, which is 10 gold MORE than what you pay at the traders in the beginning of the game, so these guys aren't actually cheap.
But they DO allow you to get as much as you want.

New dialog - First Time:

"Good day, stranger. Does your crew keep getting hurt in nasty, yet lucrative 'accidents'? I can offer you a simple bandage to stop their bleeding at the bargain price of 120 gold a piece!",

"Indeed I can't afford to lose my crew. I'll take it! And I'll be sure to talk to you again if I need more.",

"120 gold, eh? I think I've seen 'em cheaper at the store in town. And THAT is where I'll get them from if I need them!",

i like more that one (with the corrected number :p )

Indeed I noticed my mistake too afterwards. Oopsy. :facepalm
I had it at 100 originally, but then noticed traders sell them for 110 at first and still only 100 at Commerce 10 (lowers further with the Abilities).
And I didn't want these guys to be cheaper.

Does anyone have any comments on item availability and rarity these days?
It seems to me that skill-enhancing items are VERY common from the traders now that regular items are no longer sold.
Do we WANT that?

uhm these items should be available always, they must not be affected by any "restricting" code, only weapons should be affected

because every players use them at any level

I just mean that before I made that change, you wouldn't find ALL of them AT ONCE at the same trader.
There are various items that require you to have several of them. Some even require 4.
But there's no collecting involved, because the trader sells 5 straight away!

These items are also still level-dependent as they always have been. Removing that will make it even easier to get them. :facepalm

That's what I'm asking; IS it better? Or is a bit too much right now?

it seems more logical to me, we have less chance to directly buy every items in only one merchant :) at the moment i like it (it obliges to visit most merchants of the place if you like to collect items :p )

I gather nobody has a problem with the way items are set up in Beta 3 WIP 11, so I'll call this one "Solved".

New idea: Let's not sell ANY jewelry, indian artefacts or minerals at the item traders, regardless of whether they enhance skill or not.
Basically, that leaves only the following items to be actually sold:
Compasses
Clocks
Sextant
Scales
Doctor's Toolkit
Microscope
Powder Flask
Ammo Pouch
Powder Barrel
Ammo Bag
PROPOSAL: Add Books

Then there will be much less to sift through at the traders and hopefully this will make the game a bit more challenging as well.
Cheap skill-enhancing items then become much more rare, because you're going to HAVE to FIND them.
Anyone got any objections to that?

It makes no difference to me as I have that thingy turned off.

What do the arcade players think?

Additional ideas for books:
- Books are FAR too cheap for the skill bonus they provide. Add 1000g to the price of "low level" books and 2000g for "high level" ones.
- HIDE the skill enhancement of "low level" books.
- Books can NOT be found at random, but MUST be purchased.

And for the random skill-enhancing items:
- HIDE the skill enhancement of them all on Realistic Game Mode (it'll LOOK like Iron Man Mode like that, but WORK like Arcade Game Mode ;) )

What do you mean by "hide" their attributes? Some items are like that already it seems, with their description saying essentially nothing.

Some items have that. In fact all items used to be like that but now some do not say much and I have to guess as to which does what. Or swap back and forth with my officers to see the difference.

Back