• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Modding CoAS into PotC style

Well lads. It seems that this would be a long search. I don't want to keep on troubling you guys as I cannot find error log. I will try GOF 1 and see how it goes. Thank you all for the help so far. I'll keep this thread open for updates and because I'll always need help from you veterans.

CAS Game 13_12_2020 12_06_51 PM.png
I've managed to replace the flying dutchman with the black pearl, plus the black pearl sailor points so they dont fly. But unfortunately, I'll need to change her water level, and replace her crew with skeletons which I have no knowledge of. Especially her sails, I wonder which sail files the Dutchman uses

View attachment 37985 I've managed to replace the flying dutchman with the black pearl, plus the black pearl sailor points so they dont fly. But unfortunately, I'll need to change her water level, and replace her crew with skeletons which I have no knowledge of. Especially her sails, I wonder which sail files the Dutchman uses

Just fix the waterline in ships_init.c

You will need to start a new game to see a difference.

If it still doesn't work, or you want the mod to not need a new game, there is a way to brute force it.

Open the main model with the TOOL.
In my experience from TEHO raising the ship's position by one does the job.
You will also need to add one to every locator's vertical value.

After that replace the model and your ship should have the proper look.

Back with another idea...

I know its possible to replace the brown text box in CoAS GOF with the blue-gold text box from PotC. I'll need the texture or script, and instructions on how to do it.

Enabling the speaker to appear at the top would be a bonus!

I would like to make a new storyline quest for CoAS, problem is, I cannot (I tried, really can't) make a new charater design AND do not know how to make a storyline, although I could use the Peter Blood storyline as a template.

Is there an easier way to make a custome character plus design?

Short of using Maya to create a completely new model, the easiest way to make a new character model is to retexture an existing one. A lot of GoF characters - and, for that matter, a lot of characters in PoTC:NH - are just retextured variants of original CoAS/PoTC character models. Here's a quick guide on how to do this:
Retexture a Gm-model
Disregard the part about the "talking head". CoAS doesn't have them.

Hm where can I find a TX converter? Plus the maya plugins tools thing does not work so yeah, this solution must be the best

CAS Game 20_12_2020 10_36_08 AM.png
Silly me! The Man o War was ALREADY in game! It was just not programmed to appear during battles, found her in the shipyard with 'realistic shipyard' disabled. No wonder I the port was impossible, it was an existing ship. :oops:

In order to make my new storyline, I need to know where to find the script for Peter Blood's quest. Does anyone know the file directory?

Found it in quests_reactions.c line 6934 column 3, uses ''cases". Supposing cases are what were already scripted and coded, does that mean that I have to make my own "cases" for a new quest/storyline? I'll keep my findings updated here

Back