• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Modding CoAS into PotC style

In the zip.

I tried it but still did not work. Everytime, fails to pass the loading screen after checking Norrington's stats
Maybe something went wrong there.
Can you please upload the files you edited to add the "Santisima1"?

I would back up the original file if were you.
And then try replacing.
Though if it says that it will replace it then a similar file is already there.

Maybe put it in the "Santisima1" folder?

c:/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/sea dogs coas/resource...
Putting the game into "Program Files(x86)" is not advisable as Windows can do silly things there.

In theory the log files should be in "C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sea dogs coas". However, because Windows does silly things, it may have hidden them somewhere else. If the log files are not there, see if you can find "C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sea dogs coas". (The file under "Users" won't literally be "<YourUsername>"! There should be a folder for you somewhere in there.)

Putting the game into "Program Files(x86)" is not advisable as Windows can do silly things there.

In theory the log files should be in "C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sea dogs coas". However, because Windows does silly things, it may have hidden them somewhere else. If the log files are not there, see if you can find "C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sea dogs coas". (The file under "Users" won't literally be "<YourUsername>"! There should be a folder for you somewhere in there.)
Alright. I have tried downloading CoAS not in PF86, but it would never start.

There should be "compile.log" and "system.log". Those are the game's log files. Take no chances, if you find them then upload both. If you find those two then there's probably "error.log" as well, in which case upload that too.

None of those...shall I send you the log files as of today? They take place at different timings but around the same hour

I'm off to bed now, will check out the thread tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far! Atleast now we don't have a runtime error :unsure

there is no steam under programfiles86
If that doesn't work I would uninstall Steam and reinstall it outside "Problem Files".
Just make sure to back up your saves.

I tried it but still did not work. Everytime, fails to pass the loading screen after checking Norrington's stats
Then my supposition was unfortunately correct it wasn't the texture.

Maybe try and replace the ship model with some else ship temporarily?
If you only replace the GM files and it works then something is wrong with the model.
If it doesn't work then something is wrong with the code.

Also before that, maybe try to use a different sailorpoints file.
It just came to me that for some reason when I was porting the Akella Black Pearl the sailorpoints file I got by converting the walkfile from PotC didn't work.
But the saulorpoints file from GOF 1 did work.

The game crashed only when I went to sea, which is where the sailorpoints file is used.
When on land the model did appear in the port.

If that doesn't work I would uninstall Steam and reinstall it outside "Problem Files".
Just make sure to back up your saves.

Then my supposition was unfortunately correct it wasn't the texture.

Maybe try and replace the ship model with some else ship temporarily?
If you only replace the GM files and it works then something is wrong with the model.
If it doesn't work then something is wrong with the code.

Also before that, maybe try to use a different sailorpoints file.
It just came to me that for some reason when I was porting the Akella Black Pearl the sailorpoints file I got by converting the walkfile from PotC didn't work.
But the saulorpoints file from GOF 1 did work.

The game crashed only when I went to sea, which is where the sailorpoints file is used.
When on land the model did appear in the port.
Santisima does not replace any ship. Yes sailorpoints must be the problem. Where can I find the specific sailorpoints for ship?

Try these, though you'll want to rename whichever one you're using. "BattleManowar1.ini" is the Sailorspoints file for "BattleManoWar1", which I found in GoF and which seems to be the PoTC Man o War imported into CoAS. "MANOWAR_gub1.ini" is the result of using the conversion tool on the walk file for a PoTC ship.

Attachments

• MANOWAR_gub1.ini
    5.1 KB · Views: 114
  • BattleManowar1.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 115
Back