• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Modding CoAS into PotC style

Foop my Car

Freebooter
Hello, recently I have been modding my game with PotC textures, with the help of @Mirsaneli , and now I would like to only have ships (and CoAS quest ships) in the game only (Carrack, packet brig, corvette etc). It would be easy for me to just delete what I don't need, but I know it will lead to a runtime error. As such, I require knowledge as in how to mod my game this way. Surely I will have to rewrite a few scripts which generate old CoAS ships but I have the patience for it.

P.S. The Fast Brig (brig from PotC) is missing her spanker sail, is there a fix for this?

Also, I would appreciate dropping files required for the original PotC BATTLESHIP, FRIGATE and GOVERNOR'S MAN O WAR. Thank you

It would be easy for me to just delete what I don't need, but I know it will lead to a runtime error.
Search the entire PROGRAM folder for the references you are deleting, so you can make sure it's not used anywhere anymore.

The Fast Brig (brig from PotC) is missing her spanker sail, is there a fix for this?
Does the have a spanker in PotC:NH?
If so, perhaps you can port some of the GM files.

@Hylie Pistof and @Grey Roger have done a lot of rigging updates over the years.

Search the entire PROGRAM folder for the references you are deleting, so you can make sure it's not used anywhere anymore.

Does the have a spanker in PotC:NH?
If so, perhaps you can port some of the GM files.

@Hylie Pistof and @Grey Roger have done a lot of rigging updates over the years.
Quite sure it did but I don't own PotC:NH. Also I'm trying to get the mod apps (Maya) but for some reasons I only get the file, no access to the app.

Here are 3 ships from stock POTC. Check that they are the ones you wanted. (Everything has to be renamed)

Attachments

• 3 POTC ships to COAS.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
Pretty sure I need Maya 5 for this? How do I download "5"?? And other than the plugin, is there anything else I need?

I've explored using GM Viewer and I've found ships to replace CoAS ones.

1) Man o War
2)Frigate
3)Battleship

As a beginner, I will try my best to port these beauties over to CoAS and replacing their predecessors, but any help offered is appreciated!

GM_Viewer 8_12_2020 3_50_03 PM.png
GM_Viewer 8_12_2020 3_52_40 PM.png
GM_Viewer 8_12_2020 3_54_07 PM.png

Porting ships from TEHO to CoAS should also be easier than the PotC ones.
These two games are even closer. ;)

I ported the new man o war (Santisima1) over to CoAS, followed the porting guide. But it causes a run time error when I use it for a character, Norrington. After I've changed it back to the Interceptor, the game goes past the GOF intro then it crashes. I think this is because (I'm not very sure) the Santisima does not have her tgx texture in CoAS. According to the guide, it can be found in the PROGRAMS folder but TEHO does not have a PROGRAMS folder... any tips?:modding

Quick question, can the absence of the "1" cause a runtime error, there were a few files with the Santisima in it, perhaps all require 1??

Quick question, can the absence of the "1" cause a runtime error, there were a few files with the Santisima in it, perhaps all require 1??

Hello I need the textures for the ships (hull1, hull2, hull3) that sort? Thanks
PoTC puts all ship textures into "RESOURCE\TEXTURES\Ships", which is where @Jack Rackham put them in his zip. You can use GM Viewer to see which textures each ship needs; create your own sub-folder for each model; create "hull1", "hull2" and "hull3" within that; then copy the texture files for each ship into those folders. For example, "Battleship1" will need "bortoutbattleship1.tga.tx" and "deck.tga.tx". So you create "RESOURCE\TEXTURES\Ships\Battleship1", create the "hull" sub-folders within that, then copy both files into those "hull" sub-folders.

Here are "Battleship2", "brig1" and "brig2" from PoTC, thought they're from NH, not the stock game - they have improved rigging and extra details such as figurehead and wheel. I've put the textures into the ship sub-folders of "RESOURCE\TEXTURES\Ships", though you'll need to create your own "hull" folders. (Don't try to combine "Brig1" and "Brig2", they have different deck detail models so simply putting the texture files for "Brig2" into the "Hull2" folder for "Brig1" won't work.)

Attachments

• Battleship2.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 185
  • Brig1.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 190
  • Brig2.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 195
Back