• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

Try the same lines of code that I put in the test console file.
Not sure how to EXECUTE that in CoAS though, since nobody seems to have bothered to add a similar console to ours.
Plus I think the CoAS particle system is completely different from the one in PotC. So that probably doesn't help.
Wouldn't we just need to add the console execution code, F12 command and the console itself for that to work in CoAS?

Would it help if you had access to the CoAS source code?
I have no idea. If it's as complicated as you say it is, then probably not. :read

Wouldn't we just need to add the console execution code, F12 command and the console itself for that to work in CoAS?
I do believe so; can't be that difficult. I told the CoAS Modders exactly how to do it several years ago.
As far as I'm aware, it never did happen though.

See here a Before and After Camera Fix picture on the fire effect of La Couronne.
Couronne1Fire.jpg Before the Fix
Couronne2Fire.jpg After the Fix

DEFINITELY being generated in a different spot. Both lower and further forward.
So that means the game indeed HAS to be looking at the dimensions of the hull GM file.
That..... doesn't really help us much. How would we influence THAT???

That unfortunately seems to be a dead end, then. If the only way to move the light's position is to modify the hull such that its collision box is exactly the right size, then it's essentially useless.
Even if we found an ideal way to set this up, I don't even want to think about the amount of work it would take to re-export every single ship to do so. :shock :ko

The only thing we CAN do is to hide the particle effect altogether. That would allow an on/off glow at the stern, at least.
But while you DO see a difference when you toggle between on and off, once it is on, it is not very obvious.
And for the player ship only, as well. So.... again, not much luck. :(

It really is going to be one of those "we can't get it unless we port to Storm 2.8" things. At least it gives us more of an incentive to do so (eventually), I guess. :shrug

Yep, it does seem that way. Oh well, at least this is just a "pretty thing" and nothing that massively detracts from gameplay by not being there or something. :shrug

Very true. We have so many gameplay advancements to be proud of in the latest Beta version that these lights seem almost insignificant in comparison. :keith

I completely agree ;)
but I nevertheless really hope that we can get this done somewhere in the future with Storm 2.8 ^^

I have thought here....what if...saving a game can be available anytime, anywhere? 'cause sometimes i want to save like before entering the fort(during town capture) after destroying it and stuff like that(and i can't), so I won't have to do the whole process again, in case I fail. :shrug what say you?

What I have done in that situation is to just sail away from the fort until you CAN save.
Seems to work fine.

We can't enable saving ALL the time, because some stuff cannot be saved/loaded properly.
Sail State and Cannon Reload Status, for example. :facepalm

Hi I posted this in the progress thread and then found this thread and I think this should be in here. As I said in the other thread great mod, love it you guys are doing a fantastic job and I'd like to thank you for it :D

when your man spots salvage and you choose to pick it up, instead of running over it you have to pull along side and a pop up appears with something like
"Captain it appears to be ebony estimated 123 cwt we have room for 88 cwt and it will take 3 hrs to load.
Do you want us to load the cargo Captain ?"
[Yes] [No]
Yes would load the goods and advance the clock 3 hrs.
And for hulks
"Captain it will take about an hour to search the wreak.
Do you want us to proceed Captain ?"
[Yes] [No]
But if it's an ammo tender then you would get anther one like the cargo one with amount and estimated time to transfer it.
And lastly boats I figure 1 min per man on the boat.
I have no idea if it can be done or even if your willing to add more, But there you have it comments welcome

Ouch; if that is possible at all, it WON'T be easy. And wouldn't it slow down gameplay quite considerably?

That's the point, I do consignment runs but the time given to complete is always 30 days so I wanted a way to maybe slow me up a bit if you get what I mean or maybe you can have the merchants give a deadline based on distance, like Bridgetown to sao Jorge 4 days.
And if you could do that and the above then you would have to think is it worth 3 hrs for that salvage and risk missing the deadline.
Just my thoughts on salvage the only reason I pick up salvage is because it's so easy at the moment

Also if you click yes you could just do the reload like after boarding so it wont slow up gameplay at all

Ok so I thought of a simpler way (maybe)
When you buy and sell at a merchant you get a message of how long it took to transfer the goods and the clock is advanced. So the code is already there.
So how about when you sail over cargo, hulks and boats the same thing you get a report of how long it took and the clock is advanced just like with buying and selling, Dealing with smugglers and having your ship repaired or upgraded.
What do you think, comments welcome.

I see the point of adding something like that. But at the moment, we're trying to fix and finish what we've got and not really add too much new stuff.
We'll keep it in mind for the future. :yes

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to ask a question here and add a suggestion. I assume that the build mod team has a modeller and such? Wanted to know if there are any plans for the future to perhaps add new models for the British and other nations for the newer storylines.
I couldn't fail to notice the new Spanish, French etc marines and soldiers and Britain still uses the late 1700s models. I would love to see some nice Napoleonic Era soldiers and Officers to fit in with the storylines. Would be a nice addition to the mod :)
Cheers

All the soldiers in the game are retextures of stock game character models anyway.

But to answer the question, right now we have only VERY few active modders and with the little people we've got,
it is a challenge to even fix and finish the content we've got, let alone add new stuff.
Not to mention that after several months of near-continuous hard work on Beta 3, some of us, including myself, have had enough of it for a while.

I can fully understand what you say Pieter and respect that.

I have actually played the build mod since Build Mod 13 and I have enjoyed it so much. I mean the progress and detail you guys have put in has expanded this game incredibly. Sorry if it sounded a bit of a demand rather than a request/query but I did not expect their to be new content as Alpha 14 itself has came a long way since Build 13 and of course all the stability/improvements. Totally agree but, I mean I would want a break to if I was in your position or others :p

Thanks for the response :)

Back