• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I don't think I came by it before.. I deleted all the COAS files; better I keep that game for a new computer.
But that's interesting.. in the 2 years I played COAS I never heard of Tages.. however I put on my bookmark for now.. will try to get a hold of a new laptop.. I don't think this one can manage till Christmas.

Unless Tages is also recommended for POTC then I'd download it right away

I just started my second compile, so I still need to:
- Wait for the compiling to finish
- Upload the file
- Check that it installs correctly

Hopefully I'll have the upload done before midnight here.

I ain't in a rush mate, was just asking to get an idea; but I'll be looking forward to testing it when it's ready! I downloaded a reliable POTC version, so all I need now is a reliable link to download the full New Horizon mod with updated patches :)

Well, you can try a memory manager, something like O&O, or there are similar but more simple ones. Usually help with leaks.

What operation system do you have?
how much ram?
And do you use anything like EBN or SweetFX, or any modified d3d8.dll in your game folder?

Also try to set fullscreen to 0 in engine.ini, and set your desktop resolution to the res you want ingame, and then set the w and h to that in the engine.ini. That produces a false fullscreen, looks the same as the real one, but you can alt+tab 90% of the times, and makes the engine more stable.

Lol never heard of these things; sorry i'm sort of a noob but all I know is I got Intel Core i5 CPU; M 520 @ 2.40 GHz
4.00 GB (3.48 GB usable) RAM
32-bit operating system.
Sony laptop PC, Windows 7 home premium.

with regards to installing the POTC mod right now, something weird happened :eek:

24r2455.jpg

Oops looks like we dragged off on our own conversation here :p
But I'm sure we can dig deeper and find ourselves some relation towards GOF here :D

First of all Hi!! I just registered and i would like to ask a specifical question.

Is there any chance that you guys upload the gof 2.0 mod elsewhere? Like Mega? It's too slow for me and sometimes it just cancel by itself and i've been trying to download this mod for a long time.

Thanks

Yes also for me .. I assume you also live in a dictatorship country as I do? Well best option which I do is when you download from moddb.. select another mirror and go for amsterdam NL ones.. they are mostly under 100% capacty..

For me that works fine and uses 50% of my total speed instead of the 20% speed capacity which would occur if you were to download direct moddb link.

For me, the US mirror doesn't work and if it does it's slow speed. That's the best way to get anything off Moddb since torrents aren't available for much of these mods.

I loled at the dictatorship country xD

Well,in moddb there's the 1.2 version and here we have the "gof 2.0 full release" version so i naturally thought that the gof 2.0 was better (and more updated) than the one in moddb?

I think so, but for me I can't tell which is best right now since my computer doesn't handle this game anymore :( Although I played each GOF mod 2 years ago and back then they were fine, but of course there is always crashing. @Hylie Pistof is best to ask about this game.

GOF2 is based on GOF1.1 as there were too many errors in GOF1.2. The goal of GOF2 was to slowly add back content without breaking anything. We got as far as patch 1.4 when all work stopped and I consider that to be stable. I almost never get any crashes and for me POTC is the buggy one that crashes all the time.

Recently others have been adding their content and making their mods also, with mixed results.

don_zorin63 : What do you want? :shrug

No. COAS should be available in a Russian version since it was made by Russians, but the mods are English only.

Thanks for the reply . It is a pity that you cannot play this mod , unfortunately I don't know the questions you write through the translator , I do not know whether you understand me or not ?

Okay, thanks guys! I have a last question tho. If i "start as a pirate", do i still need to do the henry morgan quests in order to claim cities to myself ?

Gentlemen.. iv been searching for HMS Victory for a long time, someone said it can be encountered when you reach high rank with England, or even found on sale at some English shipyards after you finish English nation questline. Iv been intercepting punitive and military British squadrons over 30 hours after last quest . I thought i could increase the chance by editing ships.init so it can spawn at any nation but it did not change anything. To be honest i started this playtrough so i can eventually sail the hms victory like i did in gof 1.2 but in 2.0 beta patch there is no site of her in last 70 hours of chasing mows.. any ideas? can get her to spawn somehow.

EDIT: Found it... after over a hundred reloads in port royal shipyard. just when i was about to give up.. well guess its still better than if i never found it..^^ and out of pure curiosity (and madness probably) i kept reloading to see how much it will take to get it again.. over 200 realoads and no second victory^^

Last edited:
Back