• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I am playing GOF 2.5 Supermod right now. It is GOF2 with some additions, mainly the music and some ships. You can choose from several different music packs which helps keep the game fresh.

My other install is GOF2 with the 2.1.5 pack added. This plays very well and might be my favorite version as it is the most customizable.

You really should look at the Black Knight's section and grab what you see there that interests you. I really like his music pack. It emphasises the bass line and I have headphones with added bass, so I am a happy camper. There are also a lot of hirez addons too. Oh, and the wide screen spyglass is a necessity for ALL versions of COAS.

Is there torrent for downloading these mods? There was (I think) talk about this some time ago.
Problem is that my download speed of GOF 2 is about 40 - 60 kbps, and if connection breaks (or I restart computer) I need to start again, and file is pretty big.

Is there torrent for downloading these mods? There was (I think) talk about this some time ago.
Problem is that my download speed of GOF 2 is about 40 - 60 kbps, and if connection breaks (or I restart computer) I need to start again, and file is pretty big.
There should be download managers that can resume a previously started download.
Torrents don't work well, because last time anyone tried, nobody bothered to seed it, which defeats the purpose. :facepalm

Good idea, I'll try to find download manager which allows me that. Thanks :woot
edit: found out that mozilla firefox can resume downloads so I'm using it for downloading. Chrome doesn't allow that

Last edited:
i've got a problem at Gof 2.0 patch 14....quest in shipyard with blueprints....i've wait till midnight in backroom ...after midnight when enter shipyard got a black screen....trying few times....same story....any help....or it's a bug?

That is a bug. That quest works until you get to a certain shipyard office. Something about that one big one causes a black screen. I can not do code so am stumped.

i've got a problem at Gof 2.0 patch 14....quest in shipyard with blueprints....i've wait till midnight in backroom ...after midnight when enter shipyard got a black screen....trying few times....same story....any help....or it's a bug?
If it happens in specific shipyard, can you post in which, so we avoid that quest? Most annoying thing is when you save your game after starting some bugged quests and you cant go back

It happens in many shipyards. The ones with the large room with the large ship model behind the desk.

Hey.

I got one question... In past i play GOF 1.2, in GOF 1.2 i got options "speak to ship" and i may bribe enemy ship, got news etc.
In GOF 2.0 and patch 1.3 i don't have this option, its normally??
Eventually how to get "speak to ship"...???

P.S: Sorry for my bad english:D

That turned out to be a problem because after some time you would no longer be able to board ships, so it was disabled.

It is mentioned somewhere in this thread.

This is pissing me off so much, I have started a new game about 10 times now uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the mod 4 times already and the shipyards still aren't selling more than 4 ships at a time. I disabled Realistic Ship Purchases, Cheated my way up to level 40, Went to multiple shipyards in each nation and still nothing, any ideas how to fix this or is it permanent for me?

It is supposed to be random. There is almost never anything interesting in the shipyards anyway. All the interesting ships need to be captured, which isn't very hard.

It is supposed to be random. There is almost never anything interesting in the shipyards anyway. All the interesting ships need to be captured, which isn't very hard.
I remember when I installed GOF a few months back even with realistic ship purchases on, at level 30 there should be atleast 6-9 ships showing in the shipyard. Even more when you deactivate realistic ship purchase. If what i'm experiencing is normal than how can i deactivate and get more ships to show in the shipyard?, and if it isn't normal, how can I fix it?

If you want to modify the shipyard ship selection, open ShipUtilities.c in the Program/scripts directory.

These lines : iTest_ship = rand(525); //4% chance control the spawn rates of ship classes, just reduce the number to increase the spawn chance.

Just don't drop the (number) below the count of test ship options below, or some of the ships will never appear at all.

I think you will have to do a mod options - full reinit every time you visit a new town to get the new values into the rotation.

I never played CM 3.2 so have no opinion.

Last night while playing GOF2 I never saw more than 4 ships in the shipyards but there were a pinnace, galleon, caravel, and frigate in one or the other. I also sold a PDN sloop of war and a Unicorn frigate I had "acquired" in my travels.

In other games I have captured the Constitution and the Man O War, once both in the same battle.

I never played CM 3.2 so have no opinion.

Last night while playing GOF2 I never saw more than 4 ships in the shipyards but there were a pinnace, galleon, caravel, and frigate in one or the other. I also sold a PDN sloop of war and a Unicorn frigate I had "acquired" in my travels.

In other games I have captured the Constitution and the Man O War, once both in the same battle.
Thanks for the help Hylie, I guess it doesn't matter anymore that shipyards don't sell many ships at once. I'll just get my ships the hard way, It will be a hassle, But definetely fun and worth it.

But capturing those ships in the same battle, I take my hat of for you sir.

Back