• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
GOF 2.0 is built on GOF 1.1, this is because this was more stable and allows for a platform for future improvements to be done. Some changes to this have been made like realistic costs been changes, RTBL settings etc. This version is not going to have all the features you are use to in GOF 1.2, this is back to basics in a way. This doesn't mean that at some point features from GOF 1.2 will not be implemented, that will happen but at a very slow pace because of testing and trying to make sure the bugs from GOF 1.2 aren't also brought into this new version.

This is up as beta testing because its the stability of the game that requires testing, and i figured it would be nice for you guy's to feel involved. I am also hopping that some of you might be interested in helping develope GOF 2.0, the main aim is not to add new features just yet but to fix issues within the mod and game. I am limited in what i can do, for example i am no coder so i can't rewrite coding that isn't working correctly, i don't play the questlines so i don't work on fixes for them.

With help from coders and other modders this would be a great way to finally have a stable version of GOF and in time implement features from GOF 1.2 (again focusing on bug fixing and game stability). So please send me a PM or post your interests bellow. Sorry to say this but due to no way to upload the mod in a single line i have had to split it into parts, there are seven parts at 1.99 MB's per part, apart from the final part been (i think) 134MB's or there abouts.

///////Change Log:
* Improved RTBL settings.
* Goods prices changed for realistic costs mod switch.
* Ship reductions done, now less than 100 ships.
* Ship rates changed.
* Ship speeds, lowed for more realistic speeds.
* Ship turning speeds reduced to be more acceptable.
* Cannon/culverine HP increased.
* Moon texture changed.
* Sea calmness changed.
* Can't go to shore after starting as pirate nation = fixed
* Cannon/culverine ranges increased.
* Red Leg Greaves starts with ship "Schooner".
* Jerremy Pitt starts with ship "Empress".
* Can't load texture resource\textures\WORLDMAP\INTERFACES\EVENTBKG.TGA.tx = fixed
* Can't load texture resource\textures\WORLDMAP\INTERFACES\BUTTON.TGA.tx = fixed
* Almost all features from GOF 1.2 included now.

////////Explinations Of Above Changes:
Improved RTBL:
RTBL is a feature you can toggle on or off in the mods options, with it on you will see improvements to the tactical side of naval battles. Battles will take longer and skills will play a larger roll in how well you can do during battles. The first thing you will find when just starting out is how little damage you receive or deal to enemy ships and their crew, this is because the codding for shot types has been modified in a way that each shot type plays a role. Round shot is more for damaging ships at a distance, and although it will kill crew and damage sils it is more for damaging the ship while chainshot is for damaging the rigging and will also kill crew easier than round shot. Grape shot is the crew killer, this shot type will do next to no damage to the hull and rigging but till kill the crew easier than any other shot type. Bombs are a close quarters shot type, these are designed to do damage in all area's but can leave you in a position where your in boarding range of the enemy ship(s).

Realistic Goods Prices:
This was changed to give you a more realistic feel to trading because no merchant got rich fast from trading, it took time and time is what it will now take. You will still make more than enough money to cover your monthly upkeep. But it will mean your going to be more busy at the start trying to get money to buy a new ship, hire a officer, cover the ship upkeep etc. To make sure that it was more realistic (due to game/ my limitation) i have increased the cost of important goods such as food, shot types, medicine, weapons etc. Luckily you won't be resupplying your ships at every port so you don't need to worry to much about this. Just keep a note that when you do need to restock a ship that its going to cost you a lot fo money.

Ship Reductions:
We was planning on doing this before GOF 1.2 was released but those ofus who had been working on COAS from the start or who had ported/ worked on ships was finding it hard to see ships be removed. So rather than remove ships i simply added ships (started with a blank text document and went from there). It was the easiest way for me to do it, there are a few ships that may make it in but for the most part this is now finished. You will find a nice spread out feel to the ships now and most ships been more unique.

Ship Rates:
We have alway's ranked ships by the amount of guns mounted, less than 10 guns means its a class 7 ship, more than 100 use to mean a class 1 ship. This was the problem though, you would find powerfull ships in class 5 with 30+ guns. Took away a lot of the fun. So i have redone the ship rates to match what i wanted to achieve, and now you will find that the classes 5, 6 and 7 are more for small to medium sized ships with 29 guns or less. Class 4 and up is where the big boy's start to be seen.

Ship Speeds:
I looked at the ship speeds and decided to do a little look to get a more suitable basic ship speed, in stead i found the fastest every record set durring the age of sail, that was set by a French Corvette at 14.5 knots. So i figured lets do all the ship speeds and make it a little more realistic, i like the new ship speeds i think it adds more fun to the game and to naval battles.

Ships Turning Speed:
Not much to say about this one, apart from the ships turing speeds for all ships has been modified in one way or another to give each ship a more acceptable feel to them.

Cannon and Culverine Health Increased:
This was to make naval battles last longer, i know in real life a ship could loose many guns froma single broadside and as much as i would love to see that been made possible in COAs i feel that it would need to be a toggle switch because its not for everyone. So i took the route of increase the HP means less chance of a gun falling out that quickly and more difficult naval battles.

GOF 1.2 Ships And Textures:
Well its been proven that the ships in GOF 1.2 look better and most of them work perfectly, but to kill 2 birds with 1 stone it would be nice to see the GOF 1.2 ships outside of GOF 1.2 and see if they could be the soal reason for the game crashing durring big fights (i personally don't think it is just the ships).

New Moon Texture:
I have never liked the moon in COAS, its almost as if you could jump onto it. So after seeing the one in POTC's latest build mod i decided to add that to this mod and it works very nicelty.

Sea Calmness Fixed:
I have now looked into the sea again and have made many changes, now the sea will be much more rougher, so you will have times when it will be calm ish and times when it will be rough. The sea is no longer a constant similar thing, in GOF 1.2 the sea had been made to change to a more rougher sea as the night drew in. GOF 2.0 has been made in a different way, although it keeps the same concept it doesn't have the level of calmness that you found in GOF 1.2.

Cannon And Culverine Range Increased:
The 4Ibs cannon had a range of 300 and the 4ibs Culverine had a rane of 500. Now all calibure ranges have been increased by 100, so 4ibs Cannon is now 400 and 4ibs Culverine is 600. This doesn't mean that you can sit a long way from your target and pound them, although you can sit a little further away now. In fact the maximum range is 650, so the changes still keep with the idea of close fighting.

Characters Starting Ships Changed:

Don't worry this isn't every character its Jerremy Pitt's ship that has been changed because the Colonial Schooner is no longer in the game, so his ship is now the Empress. Red Leg Greaves also has been added to the small group of characters who start oout with a spacific ship, Red Leg starts with the Schooner.

Ship Interfance Textures.TGA.tx Fixed:

For some reason the ships interfance imagies must also be placed in the reasource/textures folder, don't get why that is but if they aren't then the system log stats texture missing for these ships. Although not game breaking it was done to reduce the amount of reported issue's and also a step into the right direction in hopefully having a more stable version.

/////Installation:
1. Install a fresh copy of COAS.
2. Download and install Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0 Full Mod ( requires 7zip and is a self installing file, just guid the installer to where you installed COAS.)
3. If any patches download and extracrt them, copy the files and folders from within the patch folder and paste them into the directory you installed GOF 2.0, when asked if you wish to overwrite say yes, if you do not see this message then start again as you have done it wrong.
4. start game and have fun.

/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Please make sure you read the install directions above.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Full Release.exe

/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch V1.3 Please make sure you read the install directions above.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.3.7z

/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch V1.4 Beta V1
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.4 Beta V1.7z

Known Bugs:
* AI reloading faster than you (needs testing, but this is also dependent on game difficulty as I believe the AI get bonuses for each level of difficulty).

/////Link To Tags: This is not a mod, in less you need to update the tags to play the game, do not download and install as this will not improve gameplay in any way.
TagesSetup_x64

Last edited by a moderator:
////////////////////////////////GOF 2 Beta Patch 1.4

This patch reverts back to before the complete ship surrender feature was ported over and hopefully fixes the boarding issue seen later on in game. Hoever the
early version of the ship surrender are included and this requires testing.
////////////Changes:
* Reinit feature added to mod options screem.
* Discriptions of switches updated to those from GOF 1.2.
* New ship rates, this is with all ships from GOF 1.2.
* Moon texture from POTC build mod added.
* New cannon sounds added.
* New weather added, this makes the sea more rougher and more noticable different at different times of the day (no more constant calm sea).
* RTBL updates, this changes the way RTBL settings was done. Now it can be more tougher durring naval battles, openeing the way to more tactical battles.
* Ship turn rates and speeds reduced, this is based on no ship breaking the 14.5 speed record set by a French Corvette durring the age of sail (doesn't mean no ships won't be generated with speeds above 14.5 knots, but it does reduce how often it can happen, only unique ships will be more likley to have higher speeds than that).
* Goods prices changes for realistic prices, this means that the important things like food, shot types etc will cost you more while the trade able goods will cost less meaning less profit to be made from them.
* Realistic reloading updated, this is to switch around the realistic and coas default times. Realistic reloading times are ment to be longer than the stock loading timnes for cannon and culverines.
* Ship reductions, this has been done to reduce the amount of ships ingame and make the ships that are included more unique.
* Cannon/culverine distance of fire has been increased.
* Red Leg Greaves starts with ship "Schooner".
* Jerremy Pitt starts with ship "Empress".
* All sound changes from GOF 1.2 moved over.
* Surrender feature added (note doesn't work as it did in GOF 1.2).
* Speak to ship feature added.
* Change sail colour at pirate shipyard added.
* Derfflinger waterline changed to -0.6 by---------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Crew hire costs lowered--------------------------------(currently to be tested)
* Player starting money increased to cover all starting goods and crew costs-----------(currently to be tested)
* Lyon added to class 7.
* PDN textures updated to hull1 = French, hull2 = American and hull3 = English by--------------Hylie Pistof
* Light Galleon waterline changed to -0.1, waterline changed to -1.0, Caravel waterline changed to -0.2 by---------Hylie Pistof
* Money offered for merchant trade quests reduced.
* Realistic costs switch added to money offered by store owner for merchant quests.
* Ship USS_Constitution V2.2 added.
* Updated ship model HMS_Victory added.
* Five more 5th rate ships added, Brig_20_Gun1_18, Brig3, Hooker1, Schooner_l and the Shnyava.
* 7th rate ship "Lyon" added.
* Bermuda upgrade for cargohold increased a little to make it more worth the time and money to do it.
* Bermuda upgrade for ship speed reduced slightly so ships can't travel faster than the wind is blowing.
* Ship upkeep costs increased.
* Price to higher crew increased.
* Letter of marque price increased.
* Compass given its own mod switch, allows the player to use realistic spyglass without been forced to use the more realistic compass. Now the player can choose if he/she wishes to use the default or realistic compass.
* Ship upkeep changes added to a mod switch, allows the player to select either the stock upkeep prices or the higher more realistic prices.
* Sail cloth, planks and rum adding at start of new games.
* Crew for hire at taverns skills lowered, forces you to be more carefull with your crew now because 1 fully trained crewmen is worth 10 crew from a tavern.
* Re-init file brought over from GOF 1.2.
* Percentage rates for ships showing up brought over from GOF 1.2.
* All ship turn rates reduced a little more.
* Wind against speeds updated for most ships (work in progress).
* Crew sizes lowered for added realism and difficulty.
* Crew experience at taverns lowered, makes you take better care of your crew as the more experienced they are the more valuable they are.
* 1st rate ships required guns reduced from 85 to 80 so more veriation between 1st rate ships could be made.
* Due to the ship rates been changed, "Neptune", "Bellon" and "Battleship" have moved up to class 1.
* Talk to ships interface. (restored from old code).
* Spontaneous Surrender. (Based on POTC build mod).
* Can board and loot surrendered ships.
* Use alternative sails color interface for pirates shipyard sail colour mod. Also alows Emblems. (Restored from old code).
* Increasing ship performance at pirate shipyard makes sails go whiter. (using old sails upgrade textures).
* Taking a boat to another ships deck will make the captain come and talk to you himself.
* Updated Direct sail code to not shift to the next island untill notably closer, and there's no hostile or neutral ships nearby.
* Filters for store goods and store iteams set to show what you have either onboard your ship or in your back pack by default.
* Norrington and Jack's starting money is now 4000
* Red Leg Greaves starting money is 5000
* All characters who start with a randomly generated ship, staring monery increased from 3000 to 6000.
* Increasing crew capacity at the pirates shipyard, now increases Non overloaded crew limit by 10% (as well as still increasing overloaded limit by 35%)
* Captured ships now sell for 1/3 the full price. (This was suposed to be in there but was not working)
* Selling ships at the shipyard now takes into account the cannons on the ship. The base cost for the ship is for the base cannon loadout. If there are better cannons, or no cannons, the price changed accordingly. So you do not need to remove and sell your cannons first. (Updated in JA_Patch3)
* Selling a ship with crew on board, makes the crew move to the rest of your ships (if there is space).
* Option to re-enable ship surrender.
* Changed surrender code so ships are more likely to surrender to large ships and less likely to small ones.
* Cannon and Culverine ranges increased again by 100 (maximum distance is now 750 and minimum distance is 500)
* Starting goods removed (changed back to vanilla where you didn't start with any goods).
* Free starting points removed (Removed because it made gameplay more easier at the start and you didn't start with free points in vanilla).
* Cannon and Culverine HP increased slightly (to reduce the gun fall out problems).
* Filters in stores added.
* Ship Cannon State added.
* Victuals for both ships added.
* New more realistic compass textures that removes the wind and radar so you have to look and see for yourself which way the wind is blowing.
* RTBL switch added to shot type damage to masts.
* Turn rate of ships reduced alot more.
* New ships Caravel Redonda, Carrack, Whydah, Battle Frigate.
* Weather Updated.
* Ship turn rates reduced.
* Ship speeds reduced.
* Crew sizes changed.

////////////Fixes:
* Stuck onboard ship at start when selected to play as a pirate nation.
* Can't load texture resource\textures\WORLDMAP\INTERFACES\EVENTBKG.TGA.tx
* Can't load texture resource\textures\WORLDMAP\INTERFACES\BUTTON.TGA.tx
* Missing ships model and texture folders.
* HMS Victory sails fixed by-----------------------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Removed all enteries for updated surrender features from GOF 1.2, and reimplemented Phillipe's version for testing.
* Lyon model updated to latest version by----------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Derfflinger high camera bug fixed by-------------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Sloop spanker fixed by---------------------------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Nightmare model updated to latest version by-----------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Unicorne model updated to latest version by------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Character error messages--------------------------------(currently to be tested)
* Fixed missing musket by--------------------------------------------------------------------Buho
* Galeon_l1 GM files fixed by------------------------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Caravel1 GM files fixed by-------------------------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* PDN bad rope error fixed by------------------------------------------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* Sloop2 removed because i uploaded the wrong files in 2.0.6 which included this ship when it was the Lyon that i put in her place.
* Sailor points files for Gun Boat, Bermuda Sloop, Shnyava, Sloop Cutter, Hebek, Tartane and War Tartane fixed by.---------------------------------The Woodsman
* A few bug fixes to surrender code.
* Realistic reload discription fixed by.----------------------DearthSCG
* Fixed missing file from 2.0.4, InternalSettings.H.
* Spyglass discription fixed by.------------------------------DearthSCG
* Fix to realistic encounters (now you will find them to be more like you would have expected in the caribbean).
* Pinnace gun mount error, 4 stern guns, errors stats should only be 2.
* Texture missing "Black.TGA.tx" fixed.
* Nations.init reset to vanilla (hopefully fixes the boarding problems and some other errors).
* Hannah ship model updated by.-------------------------------Hylie Pistof
* RTBL settings altered again, this time to reduce the amount of crew lost killed by balls, and make all shot types unique in what they are spacifically used for, ie. Grape shot will kill crew the quickest, balls will damage the ships hull the fastest, knipple shot will damage the sails the quickest, bombs are more of a between sot in that they will damage the sails, kill the crew and damage the sails but not as well as the spacific shot types deigned for that purpose.
* Ship "Unicorn" missing chase guns, now fixed and tested.
* Texture missing "Fenster.tga" is now fixed.
* DelletToCave.ogg file name changed because it was spelt DilletToCave.ogg so was throwing a error.
* Texture missing "bousolle.tga.tx" is now fixed.
* Texture missing "bortoutcorvette1.tga.tx" is now fixed.
* Fast Galleon aka Golden Hind gun count fixed, was 6 guns on the stern should have been 4.
* Corvette gun count on either side was 14 should have been 12, now fixed.
* Distant encounters will not accidentally bring ships close from a long way away.
* Fixed incorrectly referenced music file.
* Fixed positioning bugs in direct sail code.
* Fixed shipyard ship allocation. This was pretty broken, and would not let most of the ships show up in the shipyard.
* Pitt's navigation skills increased, should now be able to sail a class 3 ship (should be fixed now, but still requires testing).
* Golden Hind interface imagie wasn't showing.
* Enterprise imagie wasn't showing.
* Error when using the map button with no map.
* Quest log text for the trade missions.
* bug when removing crew at tavern.
* Changed "Gun Fall Out" to "We lost a cannon!"
* Hull_upgrade 1, 2 and 3.TGA.tx was missing now added.
* Sail_upgrade 1, 2 and 3.TGA.tx was missing now added.
* Ship Empress interface imagie now done.
* Ship speak icon fixed.
* Captain Blood now becomes a pirate after taking the Arabella ship (requires testing).
* Sand texture fixed.
* Curiar spy glass fixed.
* Ship crews, fixed and based more on real life size (might be added to RTBL for obvious reasons).

//////////// Known Issue's:
* Empress needs walk file porting over, so she doesn't have one.

///////Special Thanks:
Apoc
GOF mod team
POTC mod team
Jonathan.A
Pieter
Officerpuppy
Modernknight
Craiggo
Buho
Joe Dagger
Hylie Pistof
DearthSCG

////////////////////////////////////////////////Ships Working:
///Class 7
Lugger = Lost the main mast and then sank. No ctd.
Bermuda Sloop was dismasted with no ctd.
Merchant schooner was dismasted with no ctd.
Ketch was completely dismated with no ctd.
Bounty was dismasted with no ctd.
Empress Junk never lost a mast. (needs testing)
Tartane----??
War Tartane----??
Lyon----?? (included in patch 2.0.7)

///Class 6
Barquentine = demasted and sunk by the fort with no ctd.
Barque = demasted, no ctd.
Brigantine = demasted and sunk. no ctd
Brig = demasted x2 with no ctd.
Fluyt = demasted no ctd.
Heavy Lugger = demasted with no ctd.
Heavy Galeoth = demasted and sunk by the fort with no ctd.
Interceptor demasted, no ctd.
Merchant brig = demasted no ctd.
Neptunus = Lost the main mast and then was sunk. No ctd.
Pinnace = demasted x3 with no ctd.
Sophie demasted and sunk. no ctd.
Yacht = demasted and sunk No ctd.
Derfflinger = demasted with no ctd.
Sloop----??
Castelf----??

///Class 5
24 American Privateer demasted no ctd.
28 Gun Frigate demasted no ctd.
Dutch Pinnance = demasted no ctd.
Frigate Berlin = demasted x2 no ctd.
Frigate L'Enterprise demasted with no ctd.
Galeon = demasted no ctd.
Greyhound = demasted no ctd.
Heavy Brigantine = demasted x2 no ctd.
Schooner = demasted with no ctd.
Sloop of war = as i took the last mast down the game started to slow down, models going purple; looked like it was gonna crash. (needs further testing).
Packet Brig----??
Brig 20 Gun1 18?? (included in patch 2.0.7)
Light Schoone----r?? (included in patch 2.0.7)
Shnyava----?? (included in patch 2.0.7)
Hooker----?? (included in patch 2.0.7)
Brig3----?? (included in patch 2.0.7)

///Class 4
Heavy Galeon = demasted no ctd.
Light Corvete demasted no ctd.
Nightmare = main mast down and captured, no ctd. (Updated model tested and works aswell)
San Felipe demasted no ctd.
Unicorn = demasted x2 without ctd.
CARAVEL----??
CORVETTE----??
SURPRISE----??
RaaFrigate----??
BLACKPEARL----??

///Class 3
Revenge aka 40 gun Galleon demasted, no ctd.
Line Frigate = demasted no ctd.
Queen Annes Revenge demasted, no ctd.
FRIGATE----??
LINESHIP----??
BOUSSOLE----??
SALAMANDER----??
TWODECKER----??
USS_CONSTITUTION----?? (model updated in patch 2.0.7)
LA_LICORNE----??
CURSEDDUTCHMAN----??
RN_BATTLEFRIGATE----??
FASTGALLEON----??

///Class 2
Warship demasted, no ctd
POSEIDON----??
COURONNE----??
FR_SUPERIORWARSHIP----??
SUPERBE----??
LINK----??

///Class 1
Bellona demasted and sunk, no ctd
BATTLESHIP----??
NEPTUNE----??
MANOWAR----??
HMS_VICTORY----??
BATTLEMANOWAR----??

///Quest Ships
Arabella = lost mast, no ctd. (requires further testing).
SOLEYRU----??
BRIGQEEN----??
BRIGSW----??
XebekVML----??
CORVETTE_QUEST----??
FLYINGDUTCHMAN----??
////////////////////////////////////////////////Ships Broken
///Class 7

///Class 6
Pinnace = When the foremast and main mast fell all was well, but when the mizzen mast fell the game CTD'ed. Needs extensive tests doing to her, on all hull textures.

///Class 5
Sloop of war = as i took the last mast down the game started to slow down, models going purple; looked like it was gonna crash. (needs further testing).

///Class 4

///Class 3

///Class 2

///Class 1
////////////////////////////////////////////////Old Change Logs:
////////////Change Log: Beta patch 2.0.6
* Money offered for merchant trade quests reduced.
* Realistic costs switch added to money offered by store owner for merchant quests.
* Ship USS_Constitution V2.2 added.
* Updated ship model HMS_Victory added.
* Five more 5th rate ships added, Brig_20_Gun1_18, Brig3, Hooker1, Schooner_l and the Shnyava.
* 7th rate ship "Lyon" added.
* Bermuda upgrade for cargohold increased a little to make it more worth the time and money to do it.
* Bermuda upgrade for ship speed reduced slightly so ships can't travel faster than the wind is blowing.

////////////Fixes:

////////////Change Log: Beta patch 2.0.5
* Sail cloth, planks and rum adding at start of new games.
* Crew for hire at taverns skills lowered, forces you to be more carefull with your crew now because 1 fully trained crewmen is worth 10 crew from a tavern.
* Re-init file brought over from GOF 1.2.
* Percentage rates for ships showing up brought over from GOF 1.2.

////////////Fixes:
* A few bug fixes to surrender code (fixes are from GOF 1.2)
* Realistic reload discription fixed by.----------------------DearthSCG
* Fixed missing file from 2.0.4, InternalSettings.H.
* Spyglass discription fixed by.------------------------------DearthSCG
* Fix to realistic encounters (now you will find them to be more like you would have expected in the caribbean).

////////////Change Log Patch 2.0.4 Beta Patch
* Crew sizes lowered for added realism and difficulty.
* Crew experience at taverns lowered, makes you take better care of your crew as the more experienced they are the more valuable they are.
* 1st rate ships required guns reduced from 85 to 80 so more veriation between 1st rate ships could be made.
* Due to the ship rates been changed, "Neptune", "Bellon" and "Battleship" have moved up to class 1.
* Talk to ships interface. (restored from old code).
* Spontaneous Surrender. (Based on POTC build mod).
* Can board and loot surrendered ships.
* Use alternative sails color interface for pirates shipyard sail colour mod. Also alows Emblems. (Restored from old code).
* Increasing ship performance at pirate shipyard makes sails go whiter. (using old sails upgrade textures).
* Taking a boat to another ships deck will make the captain come and talk to you himself.
* Updated Direct sail code to not shift to the next island untill notably closer, and there's no hostile or neutral ships nearby.

////////////Fixes:
* Ship "Unicorn" missing chase guns, now fixed and tested.
* Texture missing "Fenster.tga" is now fixed.
* DelletToCave.ogg file name changed because it was spelt DilletToCave.ogg so was throwing a error.
* Texture missing "bousolle.tga.tx" is now fixed.
* Texture missing "bortoutcorvette1.tga.tx" is now fixed.
* Fast Galleon aka Golden Hind gun count fixed, was 6 guns on the stern should have been 4.
* Corvette gun count on either side was 14 should have been 12, now fixed.
* Distant encounters will not accidentally bring ships close from a long way away.
* Fixed incorrectly referenced music file.
* Fixed positioning bugs in direct sail code.
* Fixed shipyard ship allocation. This was pretty broken, and would not let most of the ships show up in the shipyard.

////////////Change Log: Patch 2.0.3
* Filters for store goods and store iteams set to show what you have either onboard your ship or in your back pack by default.
* Norrington and Jack's starting money is now 4000
* Red Leg Greaves starting money is 5000
* All characters who start with a randomly generated ship, staring monery increased from 3000 to 6000.

////////////Fixes:
* Pitt's navigation skills increased, should now be able to sail a class 3 ship (requires testing).

////////////Change Log Patch 2.0.2
* Increasing crew capacity at the pirates shipyard, now increases Non overloaded crew limit by 10% (as well as still increasing overloaded limit by 35%)
* Captured ships now sell for 1/3 the full price. (This was suposed to be in there but was not working)
* Selling ships at the shipyard now takes into account the cannons on the ship. The base cost for the ship is for the base cannon loadout. If there are better cannons, or no cannons, the price changed accordingly. So you do not need to remove and sell your cannons first. (Updated in JA_Patch3)
* Selling a ship with crew on board, makes the crew move to the rest of your ships (if there is space).
* Option to re-enable ship surrender.
* Changed surrender code so ships are more likely to surrender to large ships and less likely to small ones.

////////////Fixes:
* Golden Hind interface imagie wasn't showing.
* Enterprise imagie wasn't showing.
* Error when using the map button with no map.
* Quest log text for the trade missions.
* bug when removing crew at tavern.
* Changed "Gun Fall Out" to "We lost a cannon!"

////////////Change Log for Patch 2.0.1
* Cannon and Culverine ranges increased again by 100 (maximum distance is now 750 and minimum distance is 500)
* Starting goods removed (changed back to vanilla where you didn't start with any goods).
* Free starting points removed (Removed because it made gameplay more easier at the start and you didn't start with free points in vanilla).
* Cannon and Culverine HP increased slightly (to reduce the gun fall out problems).
* Filters in stores added.
* Ship Cannon State added.
* Victuals for both ships added.
* New more realistic compass textures that removes the wind and radar so you have to look and see for yourself which way the wind is blowing.

////////////Fixes:
* Hull_upgrade 1, 2 and 3.TGA.tx was missing now added.
* Sail_upgrade 1, 2 and 3.TGA.tx was missing now added.
* Ship Empress interface imagie now done.
* Captain Blood now becomes a pirate after taking the Arabella ship (requires testing).
* Sand texture fixed.

Last edited:
So you got it extracted?

I will update the first post to state that 7 zip is a must to extract the exe.

yep it extracts fine with 7 zip

just tried a new game with the spanish character. engine.exe stopped working after i selected the dialog option to go to shore
and now i get it every time i try to start the game

edit: tried it a couple more times and it doesn't happen every time but regularly like 3 out of 10 times

Ok thanks, i will look into that, never had that happen to me. But then i have only tested the English and pirates out so far. The pirate nation can't be played yet (i have the fix in a patch, which i will be uploading later tonight).

english character seems to work ok so far. haven't made it out to sea yet.
the dutch merchant also crashes at the same spot

there's also the sound issue that i also got in the vanilla game but not in GOF 1.2 if i config it with safe mode
i'm running it on win 7 x64

Ok thanks bud, i have released a patch which you will find in the first post and the chasnge log for the patch is in the second page. I have tested the Dutch and Spanish out and the game doesn't crash and you are able to go ashore.

I will have to look into the sound problems, i can't remember off the top of my head how that was fixed now.

i solved the sound problem by editing engine.ini
set UseMM = 0

i installed the patch and tried a pirate char but it still remains on the ship after the dialog
also tried a french char and its the same problem as the spanish and dutch ones

edit: i got to the point where u take the spanish ship with the english char and the ship seems to be lacking textures. i also saw this happen sometimes with the ship at the main menu

btw what is the max speed and maneuverability for ships that u can get now?

Thats good to hear:onya , i'm still looking to see how this was fixed in GOF 1.2 without editing the engine.ini. I also run on windows 7.

My bad i included the original file i had edited, i will be raring up the new patch and uploading that in a few minutes.

I haven't seen this happen yet, if it happens again can you take a screenshot (you will have to use print screen and then use any pain program to paste it into. the game doesn't take screenshots).

The unique ships will be faster, with speeds ranging up to around 15 knots with the quest ships like the Corvette, Blue Bird been able to sail a little quicker. As for turning, the smaller the ship the more maneuverable it will be. The quest ships again will be more maneuverabible than your average ship, and trade ships aswell as big war ships will have a much slower turn rate.

i actually got the idea by using winmerge to compare GOF 1.2 to this and saw it was set like that in 1.2 so i tried it and it worked

now for some lovely pics :D

coas1.jpg

coas2.jpg

coas3.jpg

blue frigate :)

was asking bout the speeds coz i saw this one generated with over 16 knots sometimes

Well you could try the model Arabella1 from the model/ships folder and see if that fixes here, because the textures are from GOF 1.2.

I love your screens, they are amazing.:rolleyes:

The new patch is uploading, because of its size (yep its a big one) its going to take a while because its in parts (5 parts). I will be combining the patch to GOF 2.0 and re-uploading that at a later date, for now i just want to get things going and see what happens. I am now going to check the Arabella out ingame and make sure i she looks correct for me. So i can avoid having ship texture problems with her when i do update the full mod.

No problem bud.:onya

Yeah i'm hopping that one day we will see many new stories and fixes to COAS been done. At the moment i'm the only person working on this version of GOF so its going to be a slow process.

Managed to get the parts fro the patch down to 4 parts, so part 1 is now uploaded and link is on post 1. Only 3 parts to finish uploading now.:bounce

You are correct, i have found a few models i hadn't put in. Because my original intentions was for GOF 2.0 to be a patch i didn't add all the ship models and textures which i thourght i had done.:facepalm So i will be busy re-uploading the full version of GOPF 2.0 once i have all the ship models and textures in place. Sorry about this, to be on the safe side, just take all the ships models and textures from GOF 1.2 and put them into your GOF 2.0 install. I will get the updated version of GOF 2.0 uploaded sometime tomorrow.

P.S. Patch is uploaded and all links are in the first post.:dance

i had a look at the vanilla game folders..
they use the same structure with models/ships/ArabellaShip1 and textures/ships/ArabellaShip
so maybe its from the coding

i'm calling it a day. gonna look at it tomorrow

Lol, the folder for ships is alway's with a 1 at the end, for the texture and coding the 1 is never included in less the ship already had a 1 at the end of its name like say Corvette1. If that was the case and she was ported over and didn't work then a 1 would have to be added at the end of her name so she ship folders would look as follows Corvette11 not Corvette1. I know very confussing, its just the way its been prgramed to read the ship folders.

Ok good night bud and thanks for your help:onya , hope to have the fully updated version uploaded for you tomorrow. I still can't believe i missed out these ship folders.:no

Back