• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Thank you very much :) I really cannot figure out what it is myself :p Hopefully its not actually the mod and maybe just me but who knows :/

Hi luke.I think I found a bug in Double barreled musket quest.I completed the quest but after assigning the officer theres no musket in his hand.The item was in my inventory before I talk to him but after that musket disappeared from my inventory and even its not in his.I think the model is lost.
I found the fix for this problem, it was fixed by Buho sometime before 1.2 was released. Apparently GOF 2.0 was build on GOF 1.1 which did not contained this fix yet, and the best part about this is that it's not necessary to start a new game! Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot the link.. :facepalm Here it is: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/rel-fix-for-humphrey-douglas-musket.17930/

Hello i'm new to the forum and i want to know if in the current version 2.0.8.7 you cant strip a ship of its cannons.
I know i shouldn't say this but I have a pirate copy not because I don't want to buy it but because I can't find a site that sells the game to my country, I don't know if its beacause of that!

Ps .: if anyone knows a site that sells the game in online format I would appreciate

I found the fix for this problem, it was fixed by Buho sometime before 1.2 was released. Apparently GOF 2.0 was build on GOF 1.1 which did not contained this fix yet, and the best part about this is that it's not necessary to start a new game! Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot the link.. :facepalm Here it is: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/rel-fix-for-humphrey-douglas-musket.17930/
Thanks a lot for the fix.but still there is a problem with muskets.every single officer with no gun ability can handle muskets and when you put a musket in their inventory they equip it and you can never take that gun back.I have GOF 2.0.8 installed.

hey i just installed the game, and this mod.
i wanna play with debug window.
i did the mod on off thing, and the engine.ini thing
but the debug window wont show up when i press f11.
did you disable it or is this a bug?

EDIT: never mind
seems iscrewed up a bit
i added my own code to the debug list
used to work fine but now it didnt anymore
found the error and fixed it!

Compañeros, por favor, necesito saber como hicieron para que Jack Sparrow inicie con la Perla Negra, estoy en un asunto, y quisiera saber cual es el archivo que permite que Jack Sparrow comienze con la Perla Negra, gracias.
Saludos!

HI guys. I am new to this mod and on this forum, although I am playing POTC New Horizons and AOP2 COAS for a very long time now. First of all, to all you modders here please accept my big THANK YOU for this great mod, i realize how much time and energy you put into this mod (used to be a modder myself too, good old times), we dont even deserve it :)
I used to play GOF 1.2 as well and indeed I can tell this is MUCH more stable version, no crashes at all for almost one week of playing now. Which is truly a GREAT accomplishment, knowing the serious issues of the engine and of previous mods or even the vanilla game. Still, I have some things that I miss from gof1.2.. I wish I could figure out the mechanics of this game myself but since I am a grown man with family and kids to raise blahblahblah, i really dont have the time for that, I am happy if I can manage to sail an hour or two with my ship in the caribbean after o tiresome day in the office uh blahblabla again.. SOO, my point is that I need some instructions to reenable SHIP SURRENDER mode (i like having prisoners in my cargo hold, so I can release them after making them seasick xD), also I would like to know how to reenable the heavy corvette from gof 1.2 without starting new game (too bad it was removed, was my favourite ship). Could anyone help me with this? Or point me to some decent modding tutorials? or make a patch? Any solution fits me... Thank you, waiting for an input.

PS: what I REALLY MISS is the ship upgrade possibilities form POTC NEw Horizons, the visual and functional upgrades like bronze plating, long mats, bronze cannons etc, anyone remember those? Would be really nice in GOF...

Hi again. Anyone around? I need some help. I sail as Aubrey under english flag. Whenewer I try to swich my flag to spanish, it freezes my game. Like TOTALLY. Tried it in different circumstances, always te same... tried inticking "show intro movies", but still tries to show that damn moviecut. no ctd, but total freeze, I cannot exit only killing the start.exe process.
Any ideeas, solutions? I need that flag to sell my cargo... i am stucked with 8000 rum in my cargo for 2 days now around enemy territory, flag-swich is a must to enter town. Please h-h-help. P-p-p-p-piglet
By the way, how could I totally get rid of those moviecuts showing the flag-swich? it always kills all my sounds. i am usig Win XP (still)

Dunno where the COAS regulars are. Have you read through this thread? Methinks the surrender bug was fixed some months ago.

Dunno where the COAS regulars are. Have you read through this thread? Methinks the surrender bug was fixed some months ago.

Yes, I searched this tread with no success. i dont really care about the surrender thing, anymore, i can live without, but the falg-swich thing kills my game. I'd be happy to solve that first. I only encountered this in gof 2.0.8, not in gof1.2 or any other versions

Edit: i discovered that other flags (english, pirate) are working except the spanish flag. Dunno about the others yet, cant have them, I just started a new game lvl 5

Hi again. Anyone around? I need some help. I sail as Aubrey under english flag. Whenewer I try to swich my flag to spanish, it freezes my game. Like TOTALLY. Tried it in different circumstances, always te same... tried inticking "show intro movies", but still tries to show that damn moviecut. no ctd, but total freeze, I cannot exit only killing the start.exe process.
Any ideeas, solutions? I need that flag to sell my cargo... i am stucked with 8000 rum in my cargo for 2 days now around enemy territory, flag-swich is a must to enter town. Please h-h-help. P-p-p-p-piglet
By the way, how could I totally get rid of those moviecuts showing the flag-swich? it always kills all my sounds. i am usig Win XP (still)

have you removed or deleted the file Spain.wmv in dir
C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\VIDEOS
yet?

have you removed or deleted the file Spain.wmv in dir
C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\VIDEOS
yet?
Mmm, nope, should I? That was the first thing I checked thet the vids are in place. All of them are there and can be seen with any player...

I think gotodon2006 is suggesting that you remove the file on purpose. If the file isn't there, the game will skip playing it and hopefully not crash. Worth a try, I suppose. :shrug

I think gotodon2006 is suggesting that you remove the file on purpose. If the file isn't there, the game will skip playing it and hopefully not crash. Worth a try, I suppose. :shrug

Yes, you are right, it solved the problem with the crash, thanks for the suggestion :) Must have bben something wrong with that specific vid. BUT, the sound killing is still on. Waves stop making noise around the ship, creek sounds are ok but all water sounds are gone. Anyway, if I quicksave and quickreload than the sound is back, so I am content with that. Thanks a lot :)

By the way, Boelen, great work with new horizons, and thanls for that too. The only reason I stopped playing it- after many months - was because they were always robbing me on the streets, anyone I talked to took my money, just like in real life lol :) But besides of that, it is a really great mod.

Yes, you are right, it solved the problem with the crash, thanks for the suggestion :) Must have bben something wrong with that specific vid. BUT, the sound killing is still on. Waves stop making noise around the ship, creek sounds are ok but all water sounds are gone. Anyway, if I quicksave and quickreload than the sound is back, so I am content with that. Thanks a lot :)
I think I've seen other people mentioning a sound issue of some kind, but I can't remember the specifics because I never kept fully up-to-date on everything CoAS.
You could try to have a look around the forum if none of the CoAS players respond here.

By the way, Boelen, great work with new horizons, and thanls for that too. The only reason I stopped playing it- after many months - was because they were always robbing me on the streets, anyone I talked to took my money, just like in real life lol :) But besides of that, it is a really great mod.
That depends on your Luck skill. Once you get a higher Luck skill, eventually YOU will be picking THEIR pockets.
If you don't like this though, go into the in-game Options>Advanced Options menu and change the "No theft" setting as per the description there.
You can switch off that part of the mod completely, so that would no longer be a reason not to play it. :doff

I think I've seen other people mentioning a sound issue of some kind, but I can't remember the specifics because I never kept fully up-to-date on everything CoAS.
You could try to have a look around the forum if none of the CoAS players respond here.

That depends on your Luck skill. Once you get a higher Luck skill, eventually YOU will be picking THEIR pockets.
If you don't like this though, go into the in-game Options>Advanced Options menu and change the "No theft" setting as per the description there.
You can switch off that part of the mod completely, so that would no longer be a reason not to play it. :doff

Thanks Boelen, I will give it another try shortly then : )

Why I can't minimize and maximize the game in GOF 2.0.8?
In GOF 1.2 I can freely maximize and minimize the game.
Is GOF 2.0.8 disabled this feature?

That depends on how you've set up your engine.ini . You should set full_screen = 0 with screen_x and screen_y being your desktop resolution.

The surrender bug is fixed in my Eras mod, but Luke disabled the surrender features in GOF 2.0 because of conflicts.

MK

Back