• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Please help, this really annoy me..
I want to fix bug that I cant talk to captain in friendly ship twice after he automatically talk to me.
I want to revert back to base game when the captain don't automatically talk and I must search the captain by myself
What script I must change?
========================================================================

Nevermind, I found the script. Just edit the cabin.c in SEA_AI

hey guys im a little new here and i want to apologise in advance if this is already posted but id like to ask which mod is preffered over the other? i see theres gof 2.0 beta and theres gof 1.2 ? which one is better to download and install as im looking at installing one or the other. and also adding these mods will they give me more quests or alter the starting quests? im just trying to find the run down on whats included in these over the vanilla version coas

From what I understand, GoF 2.0 has less content, but is more stable. Not sure why it hasn't been publicly released on the ModDB yet.

I haven't seen any word on quest-work for CoAS, so I don't think there is more quest content than in the original game. :no

In present game I can't be on good terms with any faction, everyone see through my camouflage even if I am neutral with them :/ I am neutral with France and England, and still they turn hostile when they see me. Also I can't buy letter of marque - I visited few pirate ports and no diplomat is able to sell me any of them.

Hello mate, I have a problem with ship surrender.
I am using GOF 2.0.8
I cant make the ship to surrender eventhough I reducing his crew to minimum and reducing his hull, still, I had to boarding the ship and fight the captain.
I can't capture the crew or remove the captain from position and sell it to authority if the ship won't surrender.
Help me plz.

Actually ship surrender never happened for me too on GOF 2.0.8.

It's alright with letter of marque, I just had incredibly bad luck.

I thought that the surrender feature was deliberately removed from GoF 2.0 because it caused bugs and they couldn't figure out how to fix it so removed the feature instead.

I'm not even remotely knowledgeable on the specifics of the CoAS code. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

It is time consuming to read this whole thread, but the surrender problem might have been fixed some months ago. Hopefully those who did it might show up again and explain it.

Hmm, so why aren't such things pasted in first post? ;)

Anyway, I still don't know what to do with Douglas and his musket.

EDIT.

According to this post:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/gentlemen-of-fortune-2-0-beta.19345/page-27#post-446415

I think the problem is not with the bugged AI or musket mechanics - problem is with the quest itself. And in my opinion the problem is, that at the end of the quest musket disappears from our inventory BUT doesn't appear in Douglas inventory.

I don't know how quest mechanics works in COAS, but I suppose it works like that:

1. Remove musket from player inventory.
2. Add musket do Douglas inventory (and this thing is missing or bugged imo).
3. Add Douglas as officer.
4. Mark quest as completed.

Of course order of actions may vary.

Ok, I found this musket in ITEMS/initITEMS.c

It's ID is "mushket2x2" if someone wants to find it, but I can't find this ID appearing in any of QUEST files, anyone knows what to do?

So, I'm messing with the script and fixed surrender feature to the original.
But why below Lucky Dolphin's text there's no picture? I remember they have picture on it.
Anyway, I can remove the captain and take as prisoners again :cool:

start2013-05-2922-06-01-45.jpg

======================================================================

Nah, nevermind. I found it.

start2013-05-2922-16-57-47.jpg

Back