• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I started a game with Hornblower - but I cant seem to advance time with the thought-bubble option (pressing enter in first person view).

What do I need to do to enable this?... or is it turned off?

This feature does not exist in CoAS with or without the GoF mod.:no

The only game that has it, is TEHO.;)

Is it possible to change the name of the player character like in Potc? If yes, what have i to do? Thanks in advance for every info :bow

In Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons, you can use the console to execute:

Code:
ref ch = GetMainCharacter();

ch.name = TranslateString("","Piet");
ch.old.name = "Piet";

ch.middlename = TranslateString("","Pieterszoon");
ch.old.middlename = "Pieterszoon";

ch.nickname = TranslateString("","Zilvervloot");

ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Hein");
ch.old.lastname = "Hein";

Last edited:
I see, in New Horizons i can choose in the Free Play storyline even a common game npc and call him with my name, but with Gentlemen of Fortune i can only use the f11 key to add cheats, it would be perfection if GoF could have the same options to customize of New Horizons (not only to customize character's name and appearence, but also your officers, even if i admit that i still have to fully explore CoaS and GoF to see its features) :ship

I have a question, I was playing GoF before I found out the POTC and the Build mod (and well I stayed there and forgot all about GoF), now I remember that there were no different flags for forts, Navy and merchants and Build mod which is older and runs on an older Storm Engine (I presume) has said mod, my question is; has this feature added, will be or is it impossible?

ps. Also the same about Character models but I care less as I had it modded myself replacing cuirasses back on AoP: Carribean Tales.

I remember that there were no different flags for forts, Navy and merchants and Build mod which is older and runs on an older Storm Engine (I presume) has said mod, my question is; has this feature added, will be or is it impossible?
@konradk modded that feature in for PotC.
It may be possible to add to later games, but it's a complicated bit of coding so it would be far from easy.

Hello GOF crew,
I dont know, if there is still developement going on on this mod and if this is the right place, but I found 2 bugs. I use the Gof 2.0 with the 1.4 patch, on the steam version of the game.

1: If you do the church quest, where u have to stay in the church overnight and protect it from robbers, there is a weird interaction: If you go in too early, and the priest is still there, he will be afraid of you and curse you when you kill the thiev/s coming in.

2: I had a pirate ship encounter in a ally-harbor, but the npc behaviour was quite unlogical. First, the garrison ship fired some shots on the pirates and then just proceeded to sail away from the fort and the enemy ship and didnt come back. Second the pirate ship blindly sailed in the reach of the fortress, which of course shredded it. It was a Gentleman of fortune pirate ship, in case that might have to do something.

I played the vanilla aop 2: coas a lot 10 years ago (saw it on steam and the nostalgia kicked in) but I cant recall, that pirates behaved that "stupidly" in the vanilla version. The church was probably always there, just wanted to mention it, just in case.

Props to you all, who give this game the love it deserves. GoF mode is very nice, happy I tried it out after all those years :D

I dont know, if there is still developement going on on this mod and if this is the right place
In these waters, there's no development on it anymore.

There is ERAS 2 at the Buccaneer's Reef forum though.
That may still be active.

no hay traduccion para la 2.0? intente con el tradutrack pero me dio crash visual basic...

Hello partner.:ahoy

Unfortunately the "Tradutrack 2.0" by Zombra32 and ClaudiaCordova20 from the "Bucaneros de Oro" forum only translates the GOF 1.2.:shrug

I comment that out of the post of the Spanish translation mod of the TEHO you can only write in English.:wp

Wish this would get some work onto it, sad to see it die off. Although it is nowhere near being periodically accurate, its got some variety to it and has some good models, which is what I like about it.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much activity on this game in quite some time. I occasionally think about working on the mod, but frankly New Horizons is so far beyond GoF that I don't know that it would be worth the effort.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much activity on this game in quite some time. I occasionally think about working on the mod, but frankly New Horizons is so far beyond GoF that I don't know that it would be worth the effort.
There is the refined mod by @Mirsaneli , I've tried it out and I honestly prefer it over the original 2.0!

Back