1. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  3. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

4. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Discussion in 'City of Abandoned Ships Mods' started by Luke159, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Officerpuppy

Officerpuppy Buccaneer Staff Member

Office Manager
    People still play this mod?! Wow. I could have died yet some of my work would still out live me!:rofl

2. Simsparrow

Simsparrow Landlubber

I would like to change the GOF version of Jack Sparrow to the MadJack model, how do I do that?

3. Beastie boy

Beastie boy Powder Monkey

Hi All.

I'm playing the GOF Eras #2. I'm playing the Peter Blood game and I've got through the tutorial. Everyone but Holland is hodtile to me. So made it to a dutch port. But none of the Store will trade with me. they all say come back tomorrow they'tre busy. I've tried over 10 days and still the same message any ideas how to get them to trade? I need my Rum damn it!!!!!

Thanks.

BB

4. Elderlaw

Elderlaw Sailor Apprentice

Been a long time since I've done the Blood story line, but I don't remember EVERYONE being hostile at the end. Did you go full on marauding after you got yer frigate?

5. Beastie boy

Beastie boy Powder Monkey

Nope. Didn't get into any combat. Sailed to Martinique, stored the frigate got a level 6 ship but couldn't get the store to trade got the I'm busy message for 5 days in a row. So I'm neutral to the dutch so went to Curacao and got the same message for another 5 days.

6. Athanasius

Athanasius Landlubber

7. Darkhymn

Darkhymn Freebooter Storm Modder

Alcohol and Drug addiction adviser
    Athanasius likes this.
  8. Athanasius

Athanasius Landlubber

I don't have problems with crushes. Maybe it's a luck. And thank you.

9. Darkhymn

I'll have to test it again. Perhaps it was a combination of mod settings I was using. If it's stable I'll want to work from there most likely.
    Edit: You're welcome. Have fun!

Athanasius likes this.
  10. Athanasius

Athanasius Landlubber

Thanks! I also found lots of topics, such as GoF 2 patch 1.5, GoF 2 2.5, e.t.c.
    So, some more things about GoF 2.
    Is the mod finished?
    What is the latest version?

11. Darkhymn

2.5 was a branch with a different author. I was away at that time, so I'm unsure how that is. 2.1.5 introduced some bugs that were well on the way to being ironed out when the last couple of modders dropped off the radar. I'm looking into what's actually different and reading that thread to see if I can implement some fixes into the little patch I'm working on.
    As for the state of the mod, I'd call it dead. There's no more active development, and while I'd do it if I could, I don't have the necessary skill.

Athanasius likes this.
  12. Athanasius

Athanasius Landlubber

So it's truly to call GoF 2 with patch 1.4 beta the latest official version without too many bugs, isn't it?

13. Darkhymn

I believe so, yes.

Athanasius likes this.
  14. Cap'n Noris

Cap'n Noris Landlubber

Yarrrrr me hearties! I have a question about AOP 2 COAS and I think this is the best place to ask . I recently heard that there is a new mod called ERAS. I insta downloaded it from the site Welcome to the Reef! -. Now you may ask me why on Earth am I not writing my question on that site but rather here. Well, the login of the site buccaneersreef does not work for me. I get always a faulty mail to confirm my account. Anyways, I found that the ERAS mod is less reliable than the GOF mode that I really enjoyed but yea it is true that the ERAS mod has more trinkets and characters. I had multiple problems, for an example, the main COAS quest, the city was not appearing when I went to ship mode west of Havana, the game crashes more too... Luckily I overcame this by simply teleporting to the COAS. I am a sort of veteran in this game, I completed all quests at least 2 times with or without cheats so in general I know what it is going on. This week I started the Tenochtitlan the quest was smooth up until the placement of the 10 totems in the pyramids. The first pyramid was ok, no problems (the one to the right of the entrance). However, I can't access the other pyramid to place the 5 remaining totems! The game always crashes at a specific place, around 2m long from the stairs of the pyramid that lead to the 5 entrances. I tried to go around the pyramid, restart the game, my PC etc. I even tried to teleport to the totem slots in the pyramid. I managed to place the totems but I can't leave the location afterwards, I get the lock icon because the Aztec warriors spawn and I can't kill them because I can't move when I place the totem. Anyways, this "invisible crash box" around the pyramid is still there. I am not a programmer but I presume there is some sort of hitbox that represents the pyramid and maybe this file is missing or it is corrupted. Can anyone help me with this problem because I am running out of ideas here....I am opened to any suggestions - cheats, program modification or others to skip this annoying bug.

15. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    Maybe if you send a PM to @ChezJfrey, he can help you out getting into the other site.

16. Cap'n Noris

Cap'n Noris Landlubber

Done. Message sent. Do you have any idea how can I solve the game issue yer old Seadog? :D

17. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    I know virtually nothing of CoAS. I know even less about Eras.

18. ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey Sailor Storm Modder

This was a problem recently brought to my attention and was fixed in a recent update.

Coincidentally, the same user with the COAS problem, reported this same thing at Teno. He sent me a save file and you are on the right track about a 'hitbox'. Turned out to be a problem specific to the character model this person had selected and that area's 'collision detection' that is constantly running as the character moves. It had gone unnoticed because I do not have the luxury of testing every single one of the 130+ characters and that problem had never happened during my testing. The user sent me a save game file and through a step-through debug of the geometry code, I found the problem and rectified it; the particular character model must have been built in such a fashion that is not accounted for in the geometry collision detection written into the game. Anyway, that was recently fixed and is available in the latest Update.zip at:
    MEGA

This character you are using may very likely cause those other random crashes during the game (as my personal testing never results in crashes), and might also account for your inability to move during those other scenes. Please download the latest and see if it solves the issue. If you continue to have this problem, contact me and let's arrange for me to get a save game so I can discern. The last user that brought this to my attention received a fix within hours.

Also, the registration has been problematic, with little help from GoDaddy concerning the issue, but a manual process can be done to approve your user ID. I was told that would be taken care of today, so please try your membership again and let me know how it goes.

19. Cap'n Noris

Cap'n Noris Landlubber

Eyyyyy, EYYYYY, HEHEYYY. It works! I can cross the hitbox now without a problem. Thanks a lot! As for the other site I am going to try to log in tomorrow. Have a nice day!