• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I played some more and I don't think it is area-specific because when I sail somewhere else it crashes again - last time it was when I sailed west of Cuba. (it is all near Cuba, because I just started the game and haven't gotten anywhere further :-D ) but since it crashes about the same rate as it did with GoF 1.2 I guess it won't be caused by the mod....in 1.2 it crashed in an area near the coast between Maracaibo a Curacao...so now the question is why it doesn't work properly when few months ago it worked just fine :-/
Maybe I could try to reinstall the game and play without the mod....if it still crashes, then the problem is on my side...I'll give it a shot and let you know

Ok thanks bud, hopefully it can be sorted one way or another. I will be testing all of the world map now. Stock a ship up with loads of food and rum and go sail around on the world map till the supplies start running low.

Here are some things ported over from GOF 1.2 that will be included in the patch i'm currently working on.

As you can see, you can now see the rum and food onboard each ship in the transfer window aswell as the upkeep for each ship.

In the store you now have the check boxes so you can filter the goods onboard your ship and the goods in the store or all the goods available in the game. You can also see the amount of crew you have onboard your ship now aswell.

Finally you can see what calibure and type of guns are mounted on your ship incliding the amount the ship can mount without the need to go and check the information out.

These changes do not require a new game or the reinit function, a big thank you to Buho for these must have features.:onya

Ok another little change that doesn't require a new game, but is a new compass that makes sailing more realistic as you have to look to see which way the wind is blowing and where the other ships are because of no radar. Thank you Joe Dagger for this new compass.:onya

ok, so I reinstalled it and played without mod and it still crashes on the world map...but I was able to get from Caracas to San Juan before it crashed...with mod it mostly crashed sooner...but this proves that it is not problem of GoF 2.0 or any mod...
too bad.... any clues what could be wrong?

as I see it now...would it bee possible to make these "goods filters" remember what you ticked? so if you chose to show trader's wares only the filter would stay active until you change it? it is no big deal, but if you're looking for some item and checking all traders in the city, it is faster to see only their goods and default filter is "show both"...just an idea :)

ok, so I reinstalled it and played without mod and it still crashes on the world map...but I was able to get from Caracas to San Juan before it crashed...with mod it mostly crashed sooner...but this proves that it is not problem of GoF 2.0 or any mod...
too bad.... any clues what could be wrong?

Activate the logging files and post it here.

as I see it now...would it bee possible to make these "goods filters" remember what you ticked? so if you chose to show trader's wares only the filter would stay active until you change it? it is no big deal, but if you're looking for some item and checking all traders in the city, it is faster to see only their goods and default filter is "show both"...just an idea :)

It should be, but i wouldn't know what to look for. But i will have a play around and see if i can get it to show what the traders have rather than have everything so up.

@ MarKr
Thats good news for the mod, but puzzling as to why its happening to you. I have been all around the caribbean twice now and never have a single crash, so its certainly something thats either rare (but doesn't sound rare) or its a problem at your end. I don't play the game from the main directory where COAS is installed by defauly. Not sure if this could be a possiblility for some problems or not, but it might be worth trying out.

1 Create a folder on the desktop call it "Games" or what ever you want, we willcall it games for this example.
2. Go to where COAS is installed and copy everything inside of the "Age Of irates 2" folder.
3. Go back to the folder you created on the desktop "Games" and paste everything into there.
4. If this is a none edited version of COAS, load the game see how it plays. If it plays better, install a mod GOF 1.2 or GOF 2.0 and then see.

Just remember GOF 1.2 is not compatable with GOF 2.0, so which ever version you install will need to be deleted before you can install the other (if you choose to play with a different version).

@ jokash
Say in another 15 minutes or so, i have been testing it out for a few hours now.:onya

Here is a video of a test i was running on RTBL and how the crew are effected by the new settings. As you will see it can be a big easy if you get that lucky strike (these tests have both been done at close range and at distance, but in this test it was done at a closing range with the intention on boarding).

Ok, so it works fine now...the problem was, that I wanted to run my copy without constant puting DVD in and out, so I used a mini-image, but without it it works without any problem...so I'm gonna have to use the dvd all the time, but it is better then not to play :) thanks you all for offered solutions ;-)

and see if i can get it to show what the traders have rather than have everything so up
to Luke159: you can't show only what traders have...you need to sell your stuff too...but if you make it work somehow it would be awesome :)

So you mean setting it to show only the goods that the merket has in stock?

I have no idea how to make it so the filter will only show for example what the towns will purchase from you, i thourght you was trying to say to set one of the filters to be set to default like what you have onboard your ship/on you rather than all goods/items.

MarKr: I spent hours last night looking for stuff. There is information here, but it is buried in 3-4 year old threads. :read Anyhoo, I found the no dvd patch and installed it last night. Naturally now I can not remember where I found it! :pirate07:
Sooo, I created a new folder in my DropBox called "COAS stuff" and put it in there as a 7Zip file. It is in the "downloads" section at the top of the page, but here is a link. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/kGERHaZYW0/COAS stuff/no dvd patch-aop2.7z

EDIT: I just tried to dl that item to make sure it works and it does. The download button is in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Luke 159: what I meant was this situation: I enter a town, go to the local store. I start talking to the shop owner and get to the trade screen, where are 3 filters - "Ship hold" - "Both" - "Shop stock" (or something like that) and by default it is set to "Both". I want to sell some of the goods on my ship so I use "Ship hold" filter and sell "Silver" and "Paprica" and close the trade screen. I wanted to keep "Slaves" for some reason but I changed my mind so I get into the trade screen again and now the filter is still the one I used last time - "Ship hold" - so no need to switch it from "Both" to "Ship hold" again. But that one click isn't so much of a nuisance...

Hylie Pistof: Thank you for the solution, but I've already made it work without DVD. (gamecopyworld kinda helped) ;-)

Thats what i thourght you ment the first time, it should be possible to change the default setting from both use the check box that sets only what you have on you and your ship but without removing the other filters. You just want it so that when you go to a store you can see straight away what you have got without having to select the check box, this should be do able.

Also i might have a new update for the patch whcih fixes a few things and adds the surrender feature to the mod option screen where you can turn it on or off, just like any other mod.

i tried the mod last night for a short while with patch and i can say that you realy notice the water improvment...the other stuff like trade interface and such i didnt try... I instaled the patch with that compas that replaces the radar but how am I suposed to tell the wind direction now ? Also can you tell what i must do if I want to bring back some ships ( i didnt check all of the ships that have been removed but if i run into some that i would like to bring back )

I can make a ship addon pack, thats not a problem. So those who want more ships can have them while those who are happy with the ones in the main mod also still remain happy. That would be easy to do and keep up to date. However adding new ships will make your current savegame messed up for ship imagies, but the game should still remain playable. A little weird if you have say the Black Pearl and its ship imagie is a Frigate lol.

If you look up at your flag that will show you the direction in which the wind is blowing, for those who find it hard to read the flag. Its simple, if for example you are heading north and the flag is pointing north then the wind is behind you. But if the flag is pointing south, then you are sailing into the wind. The flag can turn a full 360 degrees so watch for the flag.

Back