• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Build Mod Ships

But but but. That leaves 2 rope ends hanging, creating 2 more rope errors. :cry I'll install COAS and get the stock parts from there and then fixum right.

I'm finding multiple fals in the same locations. It looks like they forgot what they were doing and kept adding stuff, then just quit.

While this site was down I wasted time re-rigging some ships. There are now 15 or so in my folder at the FTP if anyone is interested.

Something strange happened, and methinks I need a second opinion. :nerbz

I've been at San Juan port testing upgraded ships rigging, and sitting in the harbor I'm getting 25fps and the hard drive is running constantly. The ships are the PO_fleut50, fleutofwar40g, and the frigate6. All older models.
So. I took a break and played the game a bit. After one sinks the Athena at Bridgetown and goes through the big storm you get a small ship to sail to San Juan. A heavy brig. While sailing this ship I was getting 60fps (I have vsynch enabled) and the hd was quiet.

So, could all of the extra rigging I added be causing an fps hit?

I'd say it's certainly possible, but i don't know if all the ships you mention were extra rigged or not? How can we test this? For what it's worth, in all my current playtesting(so around game start: Barbados, La Grenada, Jamaica, Curacao and Martinique) i've not had any FPS issues or non normal hard-drive activity.

Check your error logs. It might be big framerate drops because the game is writing errors to the log files.

1. I can't go back and forth between stock and modded versions of these ships because that game died. I can't leave the shore at all. :modding

2. Error logs writing for literally hours? What they had was rope errors and ai group and the good ol' "quest group" thing. I got into the habit of only using direct sail for entering and leaving ports and sea battles.

3. I started a new game on this install this morning and so far it is working well. I just got a Jackass Bark and it is getting 60fps and a quiet hd. :j2

Those ships are in my folder on the FTP.

Ok, as I'm working my way up in a new game and acquiring ships I've already worked on, I'm seeing things that I missed the first time around. Ferinstance I just did some more rope work on the Carrack. I then overwrote the file that was already in there.

So....Maybe it would be best to not bother dling from there until it is time to do the dirty deed with Patch 6.

I'm now running 3 ships, all class 5 and 6. Good fps and a quiet hard drive. :shrug I have never lost a hd, but this one is sounding loose and rattly. Hehe. I even have a hd laying around that is still good that came from a computer I bought in 1991. It's kinda useless now because it is only 256mb.

I'm finished with this project for a while. :nk Some of the ships came out pretty good, if I say so meself. :j2

That last game was mesed up and causing problems. Everything is working well now. Indeed, it appears that I've been fighting ffdshow ever since I installed win7 over a year ago. :modding PotC is running better now with it deleted. :facepalm

All your hard work seems to have paid off, judging by those screenies! Much better for the Pinnace and Fluyt in particular! :doff
I think it's a nice way of renovating some of the stock ships to look more realistic - something they ALL need, ultimately - without modeller support.

I want to try to get underway properly on the ship cleanup project. Anyone got any final thoughts before we begin?

After looking at your ship cleanup list dated May 8th, I agree with removing all 17 ships in class 1. How many of the class 2 ships can be salvaged with some rework?

After playing GOF for 2 days it was noticed that GOF and POTC share some textures. The difference in texture quality is huge with the edges being much smoother and sharper, and everything standing out more like 3d objects. This got me thinking about Pirate KK. Last year he mentioned that he has a DX9.dll for POTC but did not want to release it until he also had a OpenGL.dll working properly also. That was nearly a year ago.

Is Pirate KK still around? How would one contact him? I want to beg and grovel and plead with him to release his DX9.dll for POTC. The thought of having better graphics combined with better framerate is consuming my alleged mind.

All Pirate_KK's DirectX-related work is for the source code on CoAS and therefore does us no good on PotC.
He's still around though; sort-of.

I went back and read that thread again, and my alleged memory is wrong. :mm

I just finished redoing the rigging on my first small ship, the sloopofwar_50. It's on the FTP if anyone wants to check it out closer.

You can never have too much rigging- that looks very good! :onya

AARRGGHH!! I just noticed a bunch of missing ropes. It's back to ye olde drawing boarde......:j3

Wow; that's a lot of ropeys! I take it they're all realistic ropes that a similar ship in real life would have as well? I haven't much of a clue on any of that. :facepalm

Back