• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news everyone, our newest contributor to the COAS CM, St.Ashley has informed me that he has a modest version of the reinitialize function as seen in the POTC build mods, working for COAS.

It's still in the early stages of development but it's definitely a leap forward. For those unfamiliar with the functions of this feature, it resets all the scripts in the game without having to start a new game. Therefore any new additions added to the current game would not require a restart on the part of the player.

Nice work Ashley :onya, its been one thing we have wanted to implement into COAS since CMV1, this is as OP said a step forward and with it now implemented we can get to work on making it fully functional ready for the release of CMV3, so what ever is released after this mod has been released dosn't mean everyone has to start over which is in some way's why some people are put off by istalling mods, now we might see an increase in the amount of people playing with the mods installed. :will

UPDATE:
I have uploaded the fixes to the FTP COAS CM V3 Alpha Fixes 1.2.zip hopefully the fixes included in this are once and for all fixed.

I have made a few changes which are in the readme, however i forgot to add one final change i made before uploading which was to increase damage to masts. The change will increase the damage done to masts from shot types, its only a very slight increase i will test the new changes to that out tonight and if still not right i will increase the shot types to masts more, i was 99% happy with the settings anyway so this increase should be enough to finaly have what RTBL set out to do fixed. :dance

Well, I've decided to give COAS another playthought and I thought I'd give your mod a try. It seems the link to the CM2 Vanilla Patch 2 is broken, though.

The female characters disappearing as hire able officers is a bug that appeared in one of the patches I believe. It's been fixed in V3. I don't remember what exactly was changed. I know there is a thread on here somewhere about it which has the fix.

I'll be able to check for you this weekend perhaps if you don't find the answer before then.
I beleive I read anamarie is being added to v3 anyway right? so it should be all good by then?

cause im out of ideas on what to do to get it to work, there is probably another file involved that i need to edit.

Well, I've decided to give COAS another playthought and I thought I'd give your mod a try. It seems the link to the CM2 Vanilla Patch 2 is broken, though.
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/COAS%20Combined%20Mod/

download it here, it worked for me. :)

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/COAS%20Combined%20Mod/

download it here, it worked for me. :)

There's only the RTBL version. I don't like RTBL, I want the Vanilla version, which isn't there.

The vanilla is there bud, here's the link COAS CM V2 Vanilla Patch if for some reason this link dies, then its the sixth mod down in the link Goldhell posted. :onya

Sordid, in CMV3 there's a little of RTBL there but it will be nothing like it was, masts been destroyed will take a little longer than villa and the higher the canilbure the quicker a ship will be demasted, and crew will take a little longer but again know where near like in CMV2 RTBL Patch, and again the higher the calibure the quicker the crew will be killed. I have tested and continue to test like mad with every moment of free time i get to make sure that the edits made are jist right and thats all that is in CMV3 of the RTBL, all calibure cannons and culverines have been reset to vanilla value's, ship and sail hp have all been reset to vanilla and in testing i was using the Crimson Blood which has 32 guns and i had 24IBS mounted, in one broadside of round shot i quickly saw the enemy ships hull damaged, the bar dropped alot and the enemy ship was a Frigate.

I know the RTBL patch for CMV2 was a joke and i have done a hell of alot of work to make sure that those mistakes are not made in this mod, like i said i keep testing everything out and to make sure i don't have files i edited that are not overwrote by any files from CMV3 i have reinstalled COAS and all files i have edited i have uploaded, so what i have is what is in the fix i uploaded for CMV3 and all tests have shown the resaults you would see in the base game, only masts and crew are there noticable changes.

Its up to you though bud, but i'm working my butt off to fix RTBL before CMV3 is released, i don't want another problem where a patch is made, this is it for RTBL its problems end here and from the looks of things those problems are pritty much close to been fixed. If i think it took me too long to demast a ship i will increase the value's and try again and keep doing it till i get the right resaults, the same with crew. ;)

Damn, I've been out of the loop for too long, I feel like a total n00b. :? So I do what, install V2 (310 megs), CM Version 2 RTBL Patch 2 (30 megs), and then the patch from your link to get rid of the RTBL?

LOL, its easy to loose track of things, i do it all the time. :wp

Yep install CMV2 followed by CMV2 Patch and then CMV2 Vanilla Patch and that should now work without RTBL.:onya

A few of the swords that had no equivalent in the mods are vanilla. The way you can tell is by looking at the icon, if its fancy looking its new, if its plain, its vanilla.

The sword you see in the screen-shot are the same but one is with the textures of mine I copied over the files. If I where you just drop the files I sent you over the beta and all the textures, Icons and models will show up. ;)

Thanks for bringing over the Sophie, Craiggo. It's nice to have Jack start with his first ship :onya

Thanks for bringing over the Sophie, Craiggo. It's nice to have Jack start with his first ship :onya

Secrets of Far Seas 2 is out, are you able to combine the mods at all?

I beleive the mod creators said upon release, you can use their stuff just cite them as a source.

This could be interesting, I beleive they said there is new buildings, and weapons.

I also seen some cool characters (unfortunatly they sound like there is just one main character though)

I havn't played this mod, because I don't want to mess the game up by installing it.

At the moment, no. It's recommended you either install one or the other onto COAS. We are quite close to releasing CM V3, and trying to combine it with another mod at this point would just delay it's release.

I can't comment on V4, we need to focus on V3 for now and only after V3 is released should we be able to start looking into what to try and do with V4. But the chances we will look at it for V4.

Ok i have almost finished my testing and fixed some things like the bug with ships not been generated again, i must advice all who are making mods to update there game with the fixes because in the latest fix release the old ship.H and ship_init files was been used and i had fixed them in my own fixes which effects ships been generated. Some fixes include. Obviously ships been generated which looks to be fully fixed again. When i was doing my testing i noticed some cannon/culverine had inconsitant weights and reload times, the have now been fixed so now reload times, range, weight and prices all increase with each calibure. Prices was fixed so that the lower calibures was a little cheaper and reduce how easy it was to make piaster's from selling guns off ships. The masts damage for the RTBL settings has been changed and the changes are far better now, you can get lucky shots in which will take a mast off a ship with a single broadside and thats without any perks helping so with perks you will increase the chances of demasting ships much faster.

Thats as far as i have got so far, but with very limited time i am not ready to say the fixes i have made are 100% fixed, so because i have what looks like it will be 3 or 4 hours free time i will do testing on the area's changed and if i'm happy i will upload the fixes and any other's i make after testing has finished, please everyone add the changes because i have had to fix things i had previously fixed, if you have made changes to any of the files which as it stands at the moment are, ship_init, ships.H, cannons_init and aiships. So if any changes have been made in these files please update the files i will upload in this fix before installing my fixes, thanks. :onya

I'll put you're updated files along with St.Ashley's spyglass modifications and one or two things I was working on into a second Beta patch when it's all ready.

I do not know if this is a bug. Game install with the last patch release v2. I look for an answer in the forum but i could not find one.

Ok. when you encounter 3 ship or less bounty hunter and enter battle mode the game is fine.
But when you enter battle mode when there are 4 ship and up bounty hunter the game cash to desktop or if you finish the fight and enter sea mode the game ctdt.The only ship i encounter are ship from potc the ship picture are blank.

In V3 you can play for the pirate. What can you do, Can you capture a city without doing the nation quest? :shrug

I will test to see if in V3 you can capture a city without first completing a questline, i doubt it though. I haven't had the game crash with more than 4 ships in a battle, i've had several ships in one battle and it was fine. I save regular to cover against such crashes aswell because i have had times when searching bodies the game will crash but i have "auto save when boarding" active, i can't honestly say why you are having problems other than its due to how long the games been running, if its been a while then the game will crash when entering large battles like that, save the game before entering a battle that will be the best way then if the game keeps crashing when you try to enter that battle it means its a ship in that fleet thats couring the game to crash.

Ok OP, i will be ready to upload the fixes soon. :onya

UPDATE:
Fixes have been uploaded file name is "COAS CM V3 Beta Fixes 1.1" from my intensive testing last night i had no CTD's and no ships error messages when been generated at sea. I was happy to see after just a few broadsides from starting a new game i had destroyed a mast.

Thanks Luke, when I'm home I'll d/l you're fixes, put St.Ashley's spyglass mod in there, whatever I was working on and then I'll upload it s Beta patch 2.

@ ZoOLf

Alpha is only accessible to those who are currently on the modding team for the Combined Mod, furthermore its also an old version of the mod because we've already moved onto to a Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back