• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few screen shots for the faithful :b:

start2010-03-1617-09-54-21.jpg

start2010-03-1617-05-37-39.jpg

start2010-03-1617-03-41-20.jpg

start2010-03-1617-06-54-28.jpg

Gold.jpg

start2010-03-1617-03-51-79.jpg

We are upgrading to Beta 2 this weekend, it's possible we might go through another Beta build before final release of CM 3.

The mod team in this site is truly awesome, I can't thank you enough guys for the awesome job you have done, CMV2 takes the game in whole new level!!
So they say that CMV3 will also be a breakthrough. I want to ask you, since I'm a lot of hours and levels into the game, you have to start a new game for it, right? Should we just quit and wait for the mod, or there is still a lot of work to be done and continue anyway?

Thank you much appretiated. :onya

Work on a button called the reinit button is underway which should allow you to continue your current game with all changes made in CMV3 updating your game from V2 to V3. If it doesn't work as planned then yes a new game will be required but for now i would say continue playing your current game and have fun. It wouldn't be fair to say wait for V3 when we do not have an actual release date for V3 yet.

Shall I ask one more thing? In the Caribbean tales supermod, there was this function with the imported music files. Will it be a similar thing in the V3?

I think a good addon would be for characters to be able to change uniforms mid game, or upon promotion or something.

@ ReiAyanami

We will take that into consideration.

@ Goldhell

CM V3 has something like that. We have privateer, captain and admiral clothing for Jack Aubrey and James Norrington. They are some what difficult to find but provide status boosts to luck, defense and authority, depending on the uniform. We also have something similar for Jack Sparrow, Anamaria, Shi (formerly known as Yoko) and Arabella, all using the default clothing items.

NewAnna.jpg

Ok im rly confused right now =D I found COAS Combined Mod Version3 Vanilla, ALPHA3 I tryed to unrar this but it say i need a password for encrypted files. What should i do can anyone help? Sry that i post this here but i looked around forum and didnt find much info about it...

@ AleZonk

That would be because Alpha3 is for internal use only, in otherwords members of the mod team only have access to it. Furthermore we are currently on Beta2 so that version is outdated. We will be moving on to Beta3 by the end of the week and after that, depending how much we have advanced we may either go final and release or onto Beta4. Though I believe Beta3 will be the last patch before final release.

Ok so i guess i will just w8 for v3 but where can i download COAS CM i tryed in download section but there are only 2 small mods.

I have some questions/observations that hopefully might be useful....for example some ship models need work, like the interceptor, where you are walking inside the ship. Also some ships are sitting too much into the water, so there are some problems with the waterline of some models.

About the guns, Bermuda shipyard won't upgrade more than 42lb guns, the only way to have more is if you buy the ship and has this feature. I suppose heavier than 42lb is a modded feature. For example I bought Victory, it can carry 48lb. Then I saw that you can but on it 68 lb guns and it will accept them even though they are heavier than it can carry but the 68lb are so heavy that even Victory with upgraded cargo hold can't carry it's full compliment of 106 guns at such a caliber....

Work was done where the more cargo you carry the lower your ship will sit in the water, some ships might however require a little work but as far as i know all ships was fixed.

I will have to buy Victory and try that out, never noticed that problem before. The weight for each calibure increases as the calibure increases so that you have to make a chioce between been able to deliver heavier blows to other ships or cargo room 68 Ibs and 92 Ibs cannons was added for fort use only although some ships you buy or capture can already mount 48 Ib guns which means you can upgrade that to 68 Ibs at Bermuda but like you saw been able to mount them means you will have problems with either ness guns or no room in your cargohold for anything which was the reason that 68 and 92 Ibs cannons are so heavy.

Bermuda not allowing you to upgrade to 48 Ibs is something that i need to look into because it should allow you to, so that will be fixed in CMV3. :onya

Trying to get back into the Pirates series after a long absence. Two questions:

1) I take it CoAS is receiving the most attention as far as mods these days?

2) Since the v2 and patches thing is confusing me, should I just wait a bit for v3?

Thanks. I might be enticed to get back into modding a little.

e: downloaded v2 anyway to play around with. Will it work with jsgme?

Welcome back bud. :onya

1. Not sure about that work on POTC build 14 is still underway i believe, there are a few people working on mods for COAS.

2. You install V2 and then the patch, it might be better to wait for V3 though.

the more modders the better, its alway's nice to see experienced modders returning. :will

I don't know if it will work with JSGME, i don't think its ever been tested, it certainly wasn't set up using JSGME.

Welcome back bud. :onya

1. Not sure about that work on POTC build 14 is still underway i believe, there are a few people working on mods for COAS.

2. You install V2 and then the patch, it might be better to wait for V3 though.

the more modders the better, its alway's nice to see experienced modders returning. :will

I don't know if it will work with JSGME, i don't think its ever been tested, it certainly wasn't set up using JSGME.

The readme (at least for the original combined pack) recommends using JSGME.

e: I think I installed it right but I don't see anything different at all. What would be something obvious I'd see?

The interface and things like that have not been changed, the loading icon has changed from a skull to a chainshot icon, the trailer at the start has been stopped. Game wise you will see from select a character new character's, when the game loads you might see a new ship type, the Bermuda Sloop or the Yatch, Ketch etc. Gameplay has changed in small way's we haven't done things like in POTC build because i don't think there is anyone of us who have the know how of how to do it or port it over from POTC. Over 70 ships have been ported over, some still have work to be done on them, i've never counted how many new character's but as a guess i would say at least 12+. Naval battles have changed, if you add the RTBL patch you will get a better idea of it however most of the changes in RTBL patch have not been added to CMV3, the main changed from the new version is masts taking a little more damage, crew not so easily killed from each of the four shot types. I haven't had chance to play the game as normal in such a long time i can't remember what visually has changed or at least noticably. Play the vanilla game for a few hours, then start a game using CMV2 + patch and you should see the changes or get a better idea of what has been done so far.

I know in the original readme it referse to JsCombinedMods which was the base mod we used to compile mods off of, that mod works with JSGME, however what was added after i believe was not which would explain why you see nothing different. I alway's install everything manually, it might take longer but at least i know each file is where they're ment to be. Uninstall COAS delete any files/folders left behind and reinstall COAS then manually install the mod is for now the only option. Sorry about that. If you know how to change the mod into an exe then that would be great because we can't do that at the moment. :onya

I didn't change anything when I added the mod - just stuck it in JSGME's MODS folder and "activated" it through the manager, which I guess preferred to pretend I did nothing.

I'm having enough stability issues with the core game... constant, random CTDs on both the world map and ship view. I think I'm running v 1.3 of the game. The first AoP is a lot more stable - I don't remember having a CTD yet - but the features are so parred back (no going into people's houses and stealing their stuff for instance) it kills me.

I would try a reinstall Mate. :yes My game is extremely stable. I get a crash once in a blue moon. I do just like Master Luke, :bow Uber modder of doom said and install the folders manually. I have my own ships init file that I keep with my preferred stats, so I install the mod and then my init file on top. I don't think you can even compare old AOP-CT with COAS, especially with the CM V2 mods installed.

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back