• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Adding More Music

DjTodex

Landlubber
Hello! can someone tell me how can I change the POTC soundtrack? I'd like to replace it with the films soundtrack. Thank you :gday

Get the music pack: http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/Instalations

Attachments

• Caribbean Cruise 2007 - Castaway Cay - Flying Dutchman 03.jpg
    Caribbean Cruise 2007 - Castaway Cay - Flying Dutchman 03.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 105
If you use Build 13, the music file will have replaced the old and you'll be done.
If a Build 14 Alpha, select the desired music pack in the Options menu.

I see. But it's not the same if you convert the file in .ogg an youre name the file like the one you want to replace?? I won't try it before your answer because I don't want to mistake :bow

Attachments

• flying Dutchman.jpeg
    flying Dutchman.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 119
That'd work too, but why reinvent the wheel? The music packs have already been made. :shrug

Because I bought the potc soundtrack cd and there are some tracks that I like more Than the others and I'd like have them in the game!!!! ;)

You can make your own music pack. Just convert the tracks to OGG and put them in.
There isn't even any need of overwriting anything; you can also add them under a different name
and add the track-names to RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES\music_alias.ini .

You can make your own music pack. Just convert the tracks to OGG and put them in.
There isn't even any need of overwriting anything; you can also add them under a different name
and add the track-names to RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES\music_alias.ini .

Didn't the music folder changed with Build 14 alpha?
I thinked that changes to soundtrack should be done in \program\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c (or however you've named your music sheme, like music_PotC.c or something)
The .ogg files should have to be copied in the folder \resource\sounds\music.
In my opinion the music_alias.ini isn't in use anymore.

Btw.
I'm working on a new music pack, including songs from the 2-CD Version of the Cutthroat Island Soundtrack (thx to Pieter for that :) ), from PotC 1 Soundtrack, from "The Mask of Zorro", from "Desperado" and spanish/ mexican music (for spanish towns), from "Apocalypto" (for the Jungle) etc.
There also will be a complete set of shanties, sea working songs and drinking songs that will play in the taverns.

But I need a little help from the code masters on this board :) cause I want to hear different music in the taverns. In english Taverns i want english songs, in spanish taverns spanish music and so on. And i want additonal music that plays only in the opium den, maybe some chinese music.

Which file i have to customize for that and what code is necessary for that?
I've looked in the program\sound\sound.c file and it seemed to me the most plausible file for creating spanish taverns and opium den music shemes.

Am I right with this assumption?

Did you find all the music I put here? There's a LOT, some of which quite hard-to-find:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Pieter%20Pirate%20Music

PROGRAM\sound\sound.c is indeed the correct file and most of the code you need is already in place:
Code:
		case "tavern":
SetSoundScheme("tavern");
//a simple virtual sailor change -->
if (CheckAttribute(loc,"townsack"))
location_or_nation=GettownNation(loc.townsack);
else
location_or_nation=GetLocationNation(loc);
// KK -->
switch (location_or_nation) {
case ENGLAND: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case FRANCE: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case SPAIN: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case PIRATE: ref Pchar = GetMainCharacter(); if(sti(Pchar.nation) != PIRATE) SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern_louche"); else SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern_pirate"); break;
case HOLLAND: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case PORTUGAL: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
}
//SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern");
// <-- KK
//a simple virtual sailor change <--
break;

Did you find all the music I put here? There's a LOT, some of which quite hard-to-find:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Pieter%20Pirate%20Music

Yes, I've downloaded some of the titles like Captain Hornblower or Black Swan. But there are sooo many titles in there that it could be impossible to bring all the music into game.
And my all time favourite concerning Pirates Music is still the "Cutthroat Island" Soundtrack. So i decided that i want to use it again for over 80% of the game music. But to give a little more variety, i've added some additional musical scores.

There's indeed WAAAY too much, so a selection will need to be made.
Still, it's nice having it available, no?
And indeed as good as the others are, there's little that beats Cutthroat Island.
There's parts of other scores that are just as great, but Cutthroat Island is just great all the way through. :woot

For your information, here's some of my favourites:
- Masters and Commanders (compilation of re-recordings)
- Mutiny on the Bounty (especially the first few tracks plus "Outrigger Chase".
- Treasure Island - The Adventure Begins (first track)
- El Cid (not piratey, but great Spanish-flavoured music)
- Savage Island/Nate and Hayes (main theme)
- Moby Dick (first few tracks plus some action tracks - There She Blows!, Man Overboard, Lower the Boats, The Pilot, Fate's Lieutenant)
- Christopher Columbus - The Discovery (main theme)

PROGRAM\sound\sound.c is indeed the correct file and most of the code you need is already in place:
Code:
		case "tavern":
SetSoundScheme("tavern");
//a simple virtual sailor change -->
if (CheckAttribute(loc,"townsack"))
location_or_nation=GettownNation(loc.townsack);
else
location_or_nation=GetLocationNation(loc);
// KK -->
switch (location_or_nation) {
case ENGLAND: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case FRANCE: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case SPAIN: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case PIRATE: ref Pchar = GetMainCharacter(); if(sti(Pchar.nation) != PIRATE) SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern_louche"); else SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern_pirate"); break;
case HOLLAND: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
case PORTUGAL: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern"); break;
}
//SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern");
// <-- KK
//a simple virtual sailor change <--
break;

Got a problem with the spanish tavern music.
I've changed the line in the upper code in the sound.c to the following example:

Code:
case SPAIN: SetMusicAlarm("music_tavern_spain"); break;

Afterwards i inserted the following lines into music_standard.c
Code:
makeref(tmpref, Music_Alias[n]);
tmpref.id = "music_tavern_spain";
tmpref.files.l1.name = "spanish1.ogg";
tmpref.files.l2.name = "spanish3.ogg";
tmpref.files.l3.name = "Desperado.ogg";

n++;

But the music didn't start when i enter the tavern.
There is no error.log file only the system.log says that the files can not opened
resource\sounds\spanish1.ogg: Can`t open file
resource\sounds\Desperado.ogg: Can`t open file
resource\sounds\spanish3.ogg: Can`t open file

When i put the .ogg files into the other tavern directories it work as normal, so the .ogg file attributes should be ok.

Try changing it to tmpref.files.l1.name = "MUSIC\spanish1.ogg";
It seems the game is looking in the wrong folder for the file.

:facepalm :facepalm
*doh*
Thank you so much, thats solve the problem.
I have to learn to look better on the changes i made.
Now it's working pretty well.
I'm surprised that it is so easy to insert new music. But i don't complain about it. :)

I also found some french shanties (or so called "chant de marins"). So i can start bring them in french taverns, too.
But i think there will be some sailors from other nations in those taverns, too. So it's possible to hear a few english shanties in a spanish or french tavern. But there will be mostly the music played of the nation the city is associated with.

Btw.
i'm also looking for some dutch drinking and sailor songs i can use in dutch taverns.
Any ideas or suggestions which will fit good to the cantinas or where i can find some examples?

Back