• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Adding More Music

I've just gotten started on this, so at long last America is joining in on the musical fun. And while we're at it, I'm adding a lot of other tracks too.
There's probably not much point in me mentioning them here, but be sure to keep an ear out for it when I upload the next modpack version! :doff

I'm using Morgan Terrors music so I should notice the difference right away. Are you just changing the town music?

I'm changing a lot. New battle music, jungle music, etc. Also putting unused music to use.

Been noticing the new music. Kinda like the Spanish and Portagee town music.

Some of sailing music is just weird. Needs to be replaced with music.

We don't even HAVE non-music music tracks. :confused:
Maybe Morgan's Music Pack overwrote original game files, so the end result is NOT what it is supposed to be?

Code:
    tmpref.id = "music_day_sailing";
    tmpref.files.l1.name = "MUSIC\Spokplavanie.ogg";
    tmpref.files.l2.name = "MUSIC\Sailing01.ogg";
    tmpref.files.l3.name = "MUSIC\Sailing02.ogg";
    tmpref.files.l4.name = "MUSIC\Sailing_Fog.ogg";                    // PB: Sea Dogs
    tmpref.files.l5.name = "MUSIC\Sailing_Sunrise.ogg";                // PB: Sea Dogs
Three stock game tracks and two music tracks from Sea Dogs.
No non-music tingling stuff in there, I'm afraid. :rumgone

I installed a new motherboard and reinstalled Win 7 today and can not listen to those files to decide which one it is for a while longer. When I find out which one it is it will be deleted.

Sailing fog is the one. The other Sea Dog pieces are wandering, aimless piles too.

Hmm; must be a matter of taste, then. Though perhaps we could see some time to use that Sailing_fog for actual fog situation.
It does sound... well... foggy. :rolleyes:

Ayup it's personal taste. Just like in GOF where MK installed all chamber music. Chamber music is ok in a chamber pot but not on the open sea IMO, so I turn off all music.
With this I just take off the headphones.

Easy fix: Remove whichever ones you don't like from PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c .
The Sea Dogs ones are marked accordingly.

About the music. I copied and used Fra_Town2 as Sailing_Fog. Much more appropriate IMO. Ominous and dreary. :nerbz

I have not changed it yet, but the best storm music to my ears is the organ music Davey Jones plays. Legendary Spider had it set like that in his music pack.

About the music. I copied and used Fra_Town2 as Sailing_Fog. Much more appropriate IMO. Ominous and dreary. :nerbz
That is actually the English "ambient" music from No Man's Land. :rofl

Just so you know, I've changed the music code to introduce a separate Fog Music.
So you won't get that "strange foggy music" anymore unless it actually IS foggy.

With the next release, let me know if it plays too frequently and I can change the threshold value for the weather to be considered foggy.

I have not changed it yet, but the best storm music to my ears is the organ music Davey Jones plays. Legendary Spider had it set like that in his music pack.
I'm going to have to check that out; could be fun!
I'm intending to add at least a few more tracks here and there, such as the Battle and Storm music from Cutthroat Island.

And Jack Black did a music pack with all sorts of tavern songs and sailor shanty's. Can add that too!
We're past the 2 GB limit anyway; now we can add stuff again. :wp

I haven't experienced that yet, but it sounds awesome! I would love to see that replace the standard storm music.

Go to our MODB site and go back through the videos far enough and you will find some I made featuring that music.

Back