• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What Other PC Games Does Everyone Play?

Still Playing TF2, Mount & Blade, Civ 4 at work and waiting for Mafia 2 to go live (Preorder already)

Yo Stallion old chap

on a lark, I clicked your siggy's blue link

"Oops! An unexpected error (-1) has occurred."

:rofl better than expected.

The green link was just plain strange.

scrolling down the page yielded this

"Some Dirty Starcraft II Pirates Infecting Themselves With Malware"
"If only the pirated software would just kill them, instead."

Seems somebody wiped out my account. xD:

That Starcraft II thing applies to Deep One - he PM'd me ages ago telling me he was going to pirate himself a copy of it. Sucks to be him. :rofl

lets see... i play aoe 1,2, and 3..... age of mythology, patrician 3, potco (used to actually, but 120$ a year is way too much :shrug
coas of course sim city series, roller coaster tycoons SPORE games .... mmhh i have a LOT of pc games but these are my favorites :doff

EDIT sorry its 120 a year! :urgh lol

120 bucks a month!?! :shock: WHAT?!

I'd play SimCity 4 if I could actually get it to work - I waited until it came out in the pack with Rush Hour and the newer, simplified SimCity, which does work, but all the building signs are in Cyrillic. xD:

really it doesnt work?
i have the same pack as you and it works... im guessing when it doesnt work you mean that when you click the icon to start the game a picture comes up of a bridge but then it doesnt load? this has happened to me before on xp. i have vista now and it works no problem...i know that on my 20+ year old desktop with 98 it WOULD work but really slow. i guess that if youre on xp that would be the problem :sad its a great game though. maybe if you start it manually by opening the folder and running the .exe file?

I'm on Win 7. :yes Thanks for suggesting trying manually running it - it works now! :warr Must have been a buggered up shortcut, or something. Thanks, Beneke! :onya

I'm on Win 7. :yes Thanks for suggesting trying manually running it - it works now! :warr Must have been a buggered up shortcut, or something. Thanks, Beneke! :onya
your welcome ;) i decided not to include a shortcut when i played it so i didnt use the icon. i just used the exp to begin with. i wish i had done that before though! i bought it like 3 years ago but i never played because it wouldnt start! it stinks because when it barely came it out the makers realeased add ons and more buildings which madethe game more fun :modding

your welcome ;) i decided not to include a shortcut when i played it so i didnt use the icon. i just used the exp to begin with. i wish i had done that before though! i bought it like 3 years ago but i never played because it wouldnt start! it stinks because when it barely came it out the makers realeased add ons and more buildings which madethe game more fun :modding

I bought mine a few months ago - I'd avoided buying it before because I'd heard how hard it is to make your own buildings in SC4 thanks to them using a third-party program, whose development ended a year or two ago. I miss Building Architect Plus. xD:

SIm city 3000 and Sim city 4 were fun. Sim city Societies was just awful though.

Agreed - the only redeeming qualities it had were the 3D any-angle view you could get of your city, and being able to just build whatever if you felt like it. Add those two things into the next Sim City, and it could easily hold its own against all the similar city sim games popping up lately.

That's strange - it should work if you've got 1GB of RAM. :yes

I've only heard bad things about Cities XL - especially since somebody else bought the rights to it and the online portion of the game was shut down not long after being set up.

Gah far Cry 2 won't run on XP.

What? :blink: it runs just fine on my computer.

Anyways I got my collectors edition of StarCraft II Wings of Liberty and it's awesome! :woot
Multiplayer sucks for me but Single Player and Campaign is pretty darn good.

Pirates pirating StarCraft II will get malware? Sucks to be them indeed! xD:

Nope - I heard it's still really unbalanced even this long after it came out. Seems Armagan and co. forgot Alpha versions aren't meant to be sold. xD:

Who's Armagan? :blink:

If he's that much corrupt that might explain why the game seems so.. boring and bland. I mean the armor and weapon selection there is just as awful as in the first game. <_< and what's even worse is that enemies now flee and you can't even get a pleasure to end their lives.

i'm having some fun with John Wizard's games at the moment. try getting your hands on Dawn's Light. it's a highly pythonesque sort of RPG, full of genre saviness and fourth wall breakage. my favorite moment has to be an encounter with a troll:

troll: "you not pass!"
Vera: "dibs on the club!" :woot:
harvey: "i want the shoulder pads!" :woot:
troll: "me squish you for that" <_<

xD:

the rest of the guy's games are very similar, but all of them have references to dawn's light in them, so i'd try that one first.

Back