• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What Other PC Games Does Everyone Play?

What do you get when you mix up Half life and Quake?

fuhquake000.jpg

fuhquake001.jpg

fuhquake002.jpg

Some game play videos here:
http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-talk/media/4008-half-life-map-format-q1-video.html

Anyone remember this song?

I consider you awesome if you do. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8&feature=related[/youtube]

diablo 2 has the same track in tristram. it's one of the nicer ones, i'd say. also, you can hear the opening riffs just after you kill diablo in d2.

as for myself, i've been obseesed with a little game called Hammerfight. it's got a very comical kind of gladiatorial airship combat. good replay value too, with the tons of unlockable things and multiple storylines. graphics are amazing. ragdoll physics, destroyable terrain, realistic damage affects, the works. the sounds make it all the more worth it, especially those of the crowd in the arena levels. one of my favorite little details that i've spotted is the clunky nature of your airship. it sounds like a miscalibrated friggin' monster truck, seems to be lacking any kind of exhaust, and let's out a hefty bang and cloud of black smoke every time you rev it. xD:

do give it some patience if you do. it took me around 15 tries to pass some of the levels the first time, but it's really one of those games where skill comes with practice. all weapons handle differently, and given the highly realistic physics, the effect of that is pretty big. swords and axes are way more flashy and up-close, made to knock enemy weapons aside and make slicing maneuvres (takes a LOT of practice to get it right, but can be devastating in the hands of a skilled player), while the maces are good for brute force.

here's a nice tip: it's possible to capture enemy weapons and keep them for later. any weapon you have equipped at the end of a level goes in your armory. the armory is only available until later, in the hall. you can access it by going to either the left or right, but you have to go past a wall which seems impassible. took a while till i figured that one out.

also, it's possible to bolt two weapons together. try attaching the High Saian to the Dagger. it's one of my favorite bladed weapon combos. the high saian is essetially a naginata, a curved sword on a stick. it's got more reach than normal sword to begin with, which is of course great. however, it's versatility is what makes it even better. you can use the hollow side of the blade to smash enemy armor, and the cutting edge for slicing. attaching the dagger serves two purposes: one, it provides you with a little protection on the other end, and two, it shifts your weapon's center of gravity, making it easier to spin faster. needless to say, it requires a fair bit of skill, but it's very nifty until you need the greater force of a mace.

here's a little gameplay vid. have to say that the sound's more spectacular in-game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIr45zHb9c4&feature=related

Thanks Morgan! :woot You got me interested in a game once again! First Diablo II now this.. cool. Once I finish acquiring
Alien vs Predator I think I'll try to get Hammerfight. :yes

so_much_win.png

Skyliner was the first one who posted that picture. xD:

Tried Hammerfight and I gotta say it got pretty frustrating. :shock

hammerfight is only frustrating in the first hour or so, then you'll manage. perseverance is a must.

I must say it's a pretty darn neat game. :yes Definitely takes practice to get used to controlling your ship.

I've become lost in Oblivion again after a year-long hiatus. :yes Couldn't wait to see what it looked like on the new machine. :no Looks pretty darn good. :woot Runs about a million times better than on my old computer. xD:

I've become lost in Oblivion again after a year-long hiatus. :yes Couldn't wait to see what it looked like on the new machine. :no Looks pretty darn good. :woot Runs about a million times better than on my old computer. xD:
Midas Magic

MMM

Unofficial Patch (yes this patch itself has an unofficial patch!!)

The Ayleid Steps

Lost Sword of the Ayleids

Feudal Empire 300 (Update from Knights of the White Stallion - same author)

JNFDS_The_Pirate_Isles

not to mention, OBSE, OBMM, Wrye Bash. COBL

ALL have updates

and look into

FastExit_2 !!!!

OBSE_-Elys-_Universal_Silent_Voice

Alchemy_Advanced

GTAesgaard Episode 1

GTAesgaard Episode 2

Hentai Mania episode1

Ivellon

The Unofficial Patch has its own Unofficial Patch now? xD: Thanks for the list, Rupert! :onya Looks like my Oblivion install will be growing in size exponentially once again like it did on the last machine. :shock

My Oblivion needs some proper mods badly I wanna put my nudist goddess lass to some use. :cheeky one thing I like about that game is how bodies go flying when you fireball 'em. :rofl

Back