• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll What of brothels?

Should brothels be in game

• Remove them all together

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Off the top of my head I can only think of one Linkin Park song they say the F word in and that is Given Up :shrug

Until we get more objective reviews, we're not obliged to make any changes. After all, this topic has been discussed before, and I presume the end result decided upon in a diplomatic fashion, and we do have better things to do.
True. Which is why I'd like to keep things as-is, just make some slight adjustments,
so quests that require you to visit the brothels are modified so that these quest scenes CAN take place elsewhere
if the brothel mod happens to be turned off.

...so quests that require you to visit the brothels are modified so that these quest scenes CAN take place elsewhere
if the brothel mod happens to be turned off.

Hmm, my quest cannot take place in any other location (escape over the roofs in QC) or in another type of location (story about a girl being sold to a brothel).
It should be possible to play the quest even if brothels = off so I made some fix in the quest if brothels should be off.

So please do not remove brothels completeley - keep them locked or what you want. :eek:

Well my quest you just have to go through the brothel to get to it, so that isnt hard to fix... just have the store with stairs as the building if brothels is off and then have the door at the top of stairs being the opium den :yes

Finish your quest the way you're doing it right now, mate!
All these affairs can be handled AFTER you're done.
No need bothering with it any time soon. :no

And I don't think we'll be fully removing the brothels;
We might keep them off by default (that's the way it's been since B13 anyway),
but I can't see us removing them altogether anymore. :shrug

I think things should remain as they are at present ( off by default ).

But if a quest / storyline requires access to a brothel then a note on the select storyline screen should be included telling the player to switch them on.

This would give the player the choice of playing a story that includes / requires the brothels, or not.

Thus it is the player's choice and responsibility.

On a vaguely related note it may be a good idea to add a bit to the description in options clarifying which can be toggled midgame and which require a new game started.

I think since the Profiles mod, EVERY change requires a new game to be started, apart from changing the sound volumes.

off by the default offcourse i think many parents will not agree with the fact that their children are confronted with brothels and stuff
the game is origanlly 12 + or are we aiming at mature gamers for this game and mod cause then i even need to wait till the 24st of march this year :shrug

off by the default offcourse i think many parents will not agree with the fact that their children are confronted with brothels and stuff
the game is origanlly 12 + or are we aiming at mature gamers for this game and mod cause then i even need to wait till the 24st of march this year :shrug

Could that problem not be solved by changing their name to gentleman's club?

I'll bet most 12 year olds these days know about "interesting stuff on the Internet" way before a game mod tells them about it.

Well from the look of the poll so far I can tell you guys one thing... we ARENT getting rid of them :yes

Does anyone know the original rating for PotC anyway?
Cause CoAS rating is 17+ and they have brothels, but from what I saw they are very suggestive

I could've told you that right away. ;)
Nope, we're not removing them. Personally I'd go for the simplest solution: keep as-is.
Possibly make some slight storyline adjustments so you don't get stuck if you've got it disabled.
Snow White Sorrow would be welcome to change them and then we can reconsider on turning them on by default.
That's what I'd do anyway. :shrug

So I've become naval historian, steam frigate commissioner and now... mistress of a house of ill repute proprietor of a Victorian social club? I think the mod credit list is getting outdated real fast :3

Well from the look of the poll so far I can tell you guys one thing... we ARENT getting rid of them :yes

Does anyone know the original rating for PotC anyway?
Cause CoAS rating is 17+ and they have brothels, but from what I saw they are very suggestive

like i said 12 + :onya

and offcourse there is no need of getting rid of em its realism

but another idea comes up with me
i think on the pirate isles they need to stay brothels
and in the fancy towns they become gentlemen clubs

That'd make sense.

And yes, the Build Credits list IS very much outdated already.
We should just make a final one prior to releasing Build 14 Final, based on the members in the "Modders" group.
That, at least, IS up-to-date.

i think on the pirate isles they need to stay brothels
and in the fancy towns they become gentlemen clubs

Anyone else think that's a great idea?

I think we have on our hands a properly objective discussion on how to make things better. Problem solving is never a binary yes/no affair :)

Back