• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Unofficial Mod Contest for PiratesAhoy becoming of legal age!

wait, i misread, sorry. i should have read it better, i thought you were translating text from a spanish to english. but, im a man of my word. ill allow it, sincei said i would. the error is mine

No problem, you have to respect the rules, it was my fault for not reading them.:facepalm

I will study the possibility of setting up a small mod to enter the contest.:read

Thank you for encouraging this novel initiative. :thumbs1

Hello @begginfokillz.

Sorry, the new mission for TEHO that we were going to present is giving us quite a few problems.

Best of luck to all participants.

Last edited:
sorry for the delay in reply, i was considering delaying one last time due to the teho megaupdate coming, but that would be unfair to everyone. so, final judgement is as follows, due to having been slightly over 2 weeks, for which i apologize:

first place, with his amazing character model for sea dogs coas, involving captain barbossa, is the one, the only, @Grey Roger himself!

second place, aka, first "loser", is @Jack Rackham's Coastbrothers!

for greatest hits:

first place, and main winner of greatest hits, is Gentlemen of Fortune mod, both 2.0 and 1.2 jointly taking the prize

community choice? not a clue. you guys know, hopefully, so decide over the next three days.

congratz to all who entered!

special mention to @JTem for trying, and although he ran into issues with his entry, everyone has issues at some point, so he is official runner up with whatever his project is

congrats, and i hope to hear a community choice soon. community choice is any mod made or in making on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
amazing character model for sea dogs coas, involving captain barbossa
Did you indeed manage to get that one in CoAS?
I thought he made it for PotC...

community choice? not a clue. you guys know, hopefully, so decide over the next three days.
If a community choice would be anything other than "New Horizons" for PotC, I would be well and truly shocked. :wp

In other words: That'd be my choice. :cheeky

as for delay, sorry for that. i had a personal issue to attend to, so i am sorry this was over 2 weeks
You have nothing to apologize for.
I hope things went OK with whatever it was. :doff

i was considering delaying one last time due to the teho megaupdate coming, but that would be unfair to everyone.
Fair enough.
@Bartolomeu o Portugues was working on something too, but he already said he'd prefer to finish it properly and then miss the deadline.
I think he lost some time in helping me get this forum back online the previous weekend:
Notice - Site Outage Resolved
So one way or the other, he also gets special kudos! :cheers

First off, congratulations to all winners!

I guess now that the winners are declared, it's time for my duty to pay out the prize money.
Following the judgement and original plan of @begginfokillz, the prize money goes out as follows:

@Grey Roger won 25 USD/EUR
@Jack Rackham won 15 USD/EUR
The creators of the GOF mods won 15 USD/EUR
The creators of the New Horizons mod won 15 USD/EUR
and if @JTem and @Bartolomeu o Portugues finish their mods, they will have won 5 USD/EUR each

Please correct me, if I made a mistake or forgot someone in the above mentioned list and hit me up
via private message with your paypal, if you are one of the winners.

@begginfokillz: the "BarbossaOffic_eng" model might work with CoAS - other models from PoTC and New Horizons have been imported into Gentlemen of Fortune, while I've imported some GoF models into NH. The main part of my entry, Barbossa's tour of the Caribbean comparing New Horizons to the stock game, definitely won't work in CoAS. In any case, thanks for running the contest, and I hope you resolved your personal issues satisfactorily. No apology for the delay is necessary, real life always takes precedence over a game!

@DH27 : I don't do PayPal. Please either split my share with @begginfokillz as my way of thanking the pair of you for running and sponsoring the contest, or split it between the rest of the winners. (I don't know how many people contributed to Gentlemen of Fortune. A huge number of people have contributed to New Horizons, myself among them, and it's still evolving. So either everyone gets 1 cent or someone gets nominated to receive the full $15. :D)

As most of you aren't interested in taking the prize money for yourself, I have thought of an alternative way to do some good with it.
@Bartolomeu o Portugues mentioned that he would use his prize money to pay the bills for the forum, so what would you all think
of the idea that the entire prize money goes to paying for the forum upkeep? If that would be fine with all of you, I would up the sum
to an even 100 Euros and send it to the person responsible for paying the forum bills.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that the donate button on the top banner would be the best for this.
It is under "Social Media".

@Pieter Boelen can probably confirm or deny this.

I'm happy for my share of the prize money to be used to help pay the forum's bills. The prizes for "New Horizons" and "Gentlemen of Fortune" can't be given to any individuals so using them for the forum bill is probably the best way to reward both groups of modders. It also fits in nicely with the aim of the contest, to celebrate 18 years of the forum, by helping it to continue.

A huge number of people have contributed to New Horizons, myself among them, and it's still evolving. So either everyone gets 1 cent or someone gets nominated to receive the full $15. :D
Yup; very true.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that the donate button on the top banner would be the best for this.
It is under "Social Media".

@Pieter Boelen can probably confirm or deny this.
At the moment, that unused "Donate" button is linked to my own PayPal account; back from when I used it for Hearts of Oak.
For the time being, @Keith is still the one paying for the site; and I have no way to get money to him.
This could very well change in the near future, but he has yet to respond to our latest email...

The main part of my entry, Barbossa's tour of the Caribbean comparing New Horizons to the stock game
Did that go into the main New Horizons mod already?
If not, I do believe it should.
Good content should never go to waste... ;)

Back