• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Unofficial Mod Contest for PiratesAhoy becoming of legal age!

We're now just over half way through the contest period. Anyone else working on anything? To give you a bit of a prod, here's Barbossa - in an English uniform? o_O
Barbossa_uniform.jpg

To give you a bit of a prod, here's Barbossa - in an English uniform? o_O
And not even his "regular" blue Privateer uniform by @Jack Rackham either!
What's going on indeed??

@The Nameless Pirate, how about posting that image on the usual public profiles?
Remind people that the contest is still going...
And see if anyone's curiosity gets piqued by this tantalising bit of teasing. :cheeky

And not even his "regular" blue Privateer uniform by @Jack Rackham either!
What's going on indeed??

@The Nameless Pirate, how about posting that image on the usual public profiles?
Remind people that the contest is still going...
And see if anyone's curiosity gets piqued by this tantalising bit of teasing. :cheeky
Probably sometime later today. :onya

From "PROGRAM\Characters\English\init\StoryCharacters.c":
Code:
   makeref(ch,Characters[n]);       //Barbossa.
   ch.name    = "Barbossa";
   ch.lastname = "";
   ch.id       = "Barbossa";
   ch.nation   = PIRATE;
   ch.model   = "Offic_eng";
So what you're looking at is a merger of the stock "Offic_Eng" with the head of "Barbossa".

I need some help about the flags displayed by the NPC Jean Lafitte.

In initModels.c, I have this information about the flags for Jean Lafitte:
Code:
model.Flags.Pirate = 19;
model.Flags.Personal = 38;
However, if I want to add Jean Lafitte in PROGRAM\Storyline\FreePlay\characters\init\TempQuest.c
Code:
  ch.Flags.Pirate = 19;
  ch.Flags.Pirate.texture = ??;
  ch.Flags.Personal = 38;
  ch.Flags.Personal.texture = ??;
What are these ch.Flags.Pirate.texture and ch.Flags.Personal.texture? What are the values I must use for Jean Lafitte?

What are these ch.Flags.Pirate.texture and ch.Flags.Personal.texture? What are the values I must use for Jean Lafitte?
A bit annoyingly, 'initModels.c' uses a single index number,
while the character init files separate them into an 'index per flag texture file' and 'number of the flag texture file'.
This always confuses me too and, more often than not, I ended up getting the one I wanted mainly be trial and error.

I seem to recall 'Flags.Personal.texture = 1' corresponds with 'perflg2.tga.tx' (because the one was zero-based; and the other 1-based).

If you have to trial-and-error a bit, remember you can use console and windowed mode, reloading from 3D sailing to worldmap and back.
That way you can see the effect of your code quite quickly.

"ch.flag.personal" seems to be the flag within a file, or on a row of the flag choice interface, counting from 0. "ch.flag.personal.texture" seems to be the file number, or row number in the interface, again counting from 0. For example, Lewis Vickers is defined in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\SideQuest.c", he's in my "Crystal Skull" sidequest, and he has ch.Flags.Personal = 4, ch.Flags.Personal.texture = 2, which corresponds to the fifth flag in "perflg3.tga.tx".

Jean Lafitte's flag, defined as 38 in "initModels.c", is the fourth flag in "perflg6.tga.tx". So I would guess:
Code:
   ch.Flags.Personal = 3;
   ch.Flags.Personal.texture = 5;

Back