• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trophies in the Free Play mode

Didn't I include the ball trap with the pyramide puzzle?
Sorry but I've lost all interest in doing something with the engineer as @GreyRoger knows best in every aspect of this game.
Yes, you did it for the pyramid puzzle :yes But, if you want to use it also elsewhere, no problem for me.
About the engineer's quest, it's you of course you'll decide at the end what you want and don't want to do.
People doing, in this case a quest, has the final word. You won't do something if you don't like the idea.

There's somewhere a place where you get improved accuracy if you've got a powderflask.
How does it improve accuracy? If it's the "Accuracy" skill, you can get +1 from the Gunner's Glass, +1 from Boelen Algebra and +1 from Great Gunsights already. If "ITEM_REALISM" is off then you also get +1 from a garnet and +2 from a tiger statuette. That's +6 from items, capped to +4 which means you don't even need to get all of the items to get a maximum bonus. (As far as I know, the benefit of a powderflask isn't accuracy; it allows you to carry 12 powder instead of the default 6. There's also the powderbarrel which allows you to carry 24.)

The library could of course be used by any (other) profession. Maybe I've got other interesting locations even better
for an adventurer.
Sounds like you have a plan - go for it! :onya

Another gun is always possible but I thought that some kind of improvement to gunpowder would be more
in line with an engineers (researchers) knowledge. (even if he just finds it)
True, if that improved gunpowder can give a reward that isn't already provided by other means. If not, the special gun is a possible alternative.

The rolling ball trap was for @Bartolomeu to use ... somewhere. It's not perfect but works. Don't know if it's implemented.
These quests are for FreePlay whereas @Bartolomeu o Portugues was to use it in the "Bartolomeu" storyline. Why not put it in both? There's no conflict, you can't play a trophy quest if you're playing the storyline.

Then we're all friends again. :cheers And I look forward to seeing what you create, for whichever player type(s) you want to take on.

I'm still on the engineer. And the library maze. To use it in the New Cloister Cartagena is not so bad at all. (The name of the rose)
The reward is for the moment a weapon. Hope to make it interesting.

Superb! The offer of the double-barrel musket is still open if you want that as your reward weapon. (Or, for "Early Explorers" and "Spanish Main" periods in which the standard longarm is the matchlock arquebus, perhaps the engineer can invent the flintlock musket?)

Of course, if you have your own idea for a reward weapon, I'd love to see that instead.

I have this 5-shot gun and think the perk GunProfessional (>= 4 shots) is needed.
When does this limit do anything? I give myself the gun (by code) and it works anyway.

Of course: I can't equip it!!! :modding

Last edited:
Yes, any gun with 4 or more shots requires "GunProfessional" to equip it. You can acquire a 4-shot (or 5-shot) gun without the perk but you can't equip it. Either use the console to give yourself "GunProfessional", or use cheatmode to give yourself a few free levels and then take the perk.

Perk requirements for equipping guns are handled by function 'FindCharacterItemByGroup' in "PROGRAM\Characters\CharacterUtilite.c". (This is also where "GunFighter" is required to equip a 6-shot gun, but only in "Woodes Rogers" and "Goldbug" as the perk can only be taken in those storylines. In any other storyline, "GunProfessional" is enough for a 6-shot gun, as you'll find if you play a FreePlay in "Napoleonic" period and then go looking for Clint Eastwood.)

Yes, I remember we talked about it but didn't remember how you solved it outside WR/GB.

I found the lines which check for perks and put a condition round the one looking for "Gunfighter".
Code:
           if( sti(refItm.chargeQ) >  1 && !IsCharacterPerkOn(chref,"Gunman") ) { continue; }// no requisite
           if( sti(refItm.chargeQ) >= 4 && !IsCharacterPerkOn(chref,"GunProfessional") ) { continue; }// no requisite
           if(sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "WR_PUZZLES")) > 0 || sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "BUG_PUZZLES")) > 0)
           {
               if( sti(refItm.chargeQ) >= 6 && !IsCharacterPerkOn(chref,"GunFighter") ) { continue; }//JRH BB6
           }
So it only checks for "GunFighter" if you're playing "Woodes Rogers" or "GoldBug".

Yes. Maybe when the pistolcolllier was added? Anyway I don't have to worry about this with my new gun. Just give the engineer
Gunman and GunProfessional perks.

Right now I'm trying to make this 5-shot "rifle" behave. Hip/back positions and multiple shots is a new combo...

Yes, the Collier revolver was the 6-shot weapon which needed to be usable outside "Woodes Rogers" and "Goldbug", so it couldn't require "GunFighter".

How does the 5-shot rifle work? Is it something like a rifle-sized revolver, or does it have five barrels?

Fair enough, I'll not pry further. The reason I asked is that if it had been multi-barrel, one possible solution to the problem of multiple shots vs. hip/back position would be to fire the whole lot at once.

Something of that sort, with seven barrels, was actually produced - the Nock gun, also known as a volley gun.

Exactly, which is why if you do manage to make one, I'd like to use it for "Hornblower", specifically for Harper. (I've an idea what sort of fun you have in mind but if you're going to implement the gun, I'll let you get on with it and not try to spoil any surprises.)

But the one I've got doesn't have multiple barrels so it wouldn't look like the Harper gun at all.

Sorry, I misunderstood post #37 - I thought you were working on a Nock gun as well. In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing your new weapon!

Back