• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trophies in the Free Play mode

Maps: note that there's a finite limit to how many different types of item you can carry. This is why it's a good idea to put skill bonus items into your ship's chest, you still get their benefits and they no longer count against that limit. It's also why I never buy maps of dungeons.

Village church: don't change the interior or you may break the "Bartolomeu" story, which has some action in there. (The church in Santo Domingo is closed, so some of the townsfolk go to the village church. Perhaps that's why it is so large!)
I wanted to present my idea, but I don't have the capacity to do it right now anyway, because of Devlin. Also I don't have any intention to change the church interior, I just wanted to point it out because it's the church model I'd rather expect in Cartagena or Havana, less in a jungle. ;)

In any case, if you want this to happen, you'll be the one writing it. We can help you do it but it's unlikely anyone else will write the quest for you - anyone willing to write quests probably has their own ideas, and I'm a bit busy trying to fix bugs. ;)
See above, if I didn't chose a main storyline as my project, I would be intrigued to focus on the Free Play trophies and I wouldn't even rule out working on other peoples idea if they're good, and Fluens idea seems like a good one.

For the longest time I didn't even know about detailled background information in the ship's log. I was yesterday years old when I learned that Beatrice Devlin survived a portuguese charting expedition in the amazon. o_O

For the longest time I didn't even know about detailled background information in the ship's log. I was yesterday years old when I learned that Beatrice Devlin survived a portuguese charting expedition in the amazon. o_O
That is the result of setting Beatrice to start as an Explorer. It's the standard initial ship log for any Explorer type. ;)

You can change it for "Devlin Opera" if you like. Use 'DeleteAttribute(PChar, "shiplog")' to wipe the existing log, then use 'WriteNewLogEntry' to add a new one. For example, in "Ardent", case "intro_done":
Code:
            DeleteAttribute(PChar, "shiplog");
            if (GetServedNation() == PERSONAL_NATION)
            {
                SetRelationsAsNation(PERSONAL_NATION);
                SetRMRelation(PChar, SPAIN, REL_WAR);
                WriteNewLogEntry("Captured!", "Damnation! That was one smuggling run too many. The patrol ships were too much for ours to take on and the wind wouldn't let us escape to sea.","Personal",true);
            }
            else
            {
                WriteNewLogEntry("Captured!", "Damnation! That ship wasn't an easy merchant after all, but a fighting ship filled with soldiers. That will teach me to look at a ship's flag before attacking, though as we're being boarded, I may not have time to make use of the lesson.","Personal",true);
            }

In any case, if you want this to happen, you'll be the one writing it. We can help you do it but it's unlikely anyone else will write the quest for you - anyone willing to write quests probably has their own ideas, and I'm a bit busy trying to fix bugs. ;)
Duly noted.

You can change it for "Devlin Opera" if you like. Use 'DeleteAttribute(PChar, "shiplog")' to wipe the existing log, then use 'WriteNewLogEntry' to add a new one. For example, in "Ardent", case "intro_done":
I did this, conveniently taking the explorer log entry as my story background, but adding some stuff. Error.log says this:

COMPILE ERROR - file: storyline\DevlinOpera\quests\quests_reaction.c; line: 22
function WriteNewLogEntry(args:4) doesnt accept 3 arguments

What could 3 arguments mean? This is in the first case of quest_reaction:

Code:
DeleteAttribute(PChar, "shiplog");
WriteNewLogEntry("My mother always said I had the devil’s own luck but that I should learn not to push it too far. My last adventure up the Amazon charting the river for the Portuguese crown has driven that point home. Half the expedition dead of malaria and the rest roasted on spits by savage cannibals. On the bright side, his majesty’s representative was impressed by my tale and paid me the full expedition’s wages as I was the sole survivor. I have bought my own ship and will see what I can make of myself as a captain here in the new world. This is where my father disappeared... And I think my rascal brother should also be somewhere in these waters.","Personal",true);

What could 3 arguments mean?
The long text is one, "Personal" two and true three.

function WriteNewLogEntry(args:4) says it should be 4.
for. ex like this one in CCCfunctioms:
WriteNewLogEntry(sLogTitle,sLogEntry, "Personal", true);

So it looks like you should have a title first then , then all your stuff.

Back