• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Swedish Indiaman - Götheborg

Awesome work @Vice Admiral Nelson!
I always thought the PotC version of Queen Anne's Revenge too unrealistic/over the top, so a more historically accurate one is very welcome in my books. :cheers

This one is more beautiful) :cool:
Personally I don't like this version of Queen Anne's Revenge, preferring what @Vice Admiral Nelson is making.

I find the Black Pearl for example much more appealing, mostly due to her stern not being so tall.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That looks like Maelstrom 2.8 graphics, is it?
No, it's just a normal storm.
I think that some mod for the skybox is used.
Maybe that's why it looks so good.

I tried to use the POTC - AOP walk file conversion tool and i always get this error
View attachment 38355
I think I got this in the past but I can't remember how/if I fixed it.

I will try converting your file myself and let you know.

Awesome work @Vice Admiral Nelson!
I always thought the PotC version of Queen Anne's Revenge too unrealistic/over the top, so a more historically accurate one is very welcome in my books. :cheers

Personally I don't like this version of Queen Anne's Revenge, preferring what @Vice Admiral Nelson is making.

I find the Black Pearl for example much more appealing, mostly due to her stern not being so tall.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think that some mod for the skybox is used.
Maybe that's why it looks so good.

I think I got this in the past but I can't remember how/if I fixed it.

I will try converting your file myself and let you know.

Thanks, means a lot. Yeah, the POTC Film QAR's stern is a skyscaper and would make the ship have a HIGH COG (Center of Gravity) and would weaken the ship's ability to keep upright during sail. But, I'll mostly change this variant to the Götheborg Indiaman, but also make a Corsair Conversion one as-well. But the Corsair Variant comes first.

Last edited:
A natural weathered wooden version of our sweet Indiaman (Texturing for this one not finished yet)
upload_2021-3-3_16-0-46.png

Update on that, here. Notice her deck is a darker brown, and the red is now brown. This one is meant to be a Corsair Convert that was repainted so it cant be identified as the ship that the corsairs stole.
upload_2021-3-3_16-7-19.png

I always thought the PotC version of Queen Anne's Revenge too unrealistic/over the top, so a more historically accurate one is very welcome in my books.
even to my surprise, but people liked this ship more than all the ships from the film. I personally prefer the Dutchman) and I say it again ... pirates of the caribbean are not about realism. this is a fantasy universe.

Here's a peek at the ship's stats, I tried to keep them balanced.
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Corsair Fitted Indiaman, model by Philipjn
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 087> (WBT4)
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;
refShip.Name = "SwedishIndiaman1";
refShip.All = "Fleut1";
refShip.SName = "Indiaman1";
refShip.id = refShip.Name;
refShip.Walk = "Indiaman1";
refShip.Class = 4;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS12;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 18; // Ship carries heavier guns
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(1100);
refShip.Capacity = 4200; // Ship has decent capacity
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 32;
// NK cannon qtys 05-04-18 -->
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonf.qty = 0;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonb.qty = 2;
// NK <--
refShip.MaxCrew = 310; // Ship holds more crew
refShip.MinCrew = 80; // Min crew upped due to higher max crew
refShip.Price = 125000; // Ship is more valuable due to it's upgrades
refShip.HP = 3000;
refShip.SP = 200;
refShip.Jetty = false; // PB

refShip.BigPicTexName = "SHIPS4"; //Armada
// KK -->
refShip.BI.Tex = 10;
refShip.BI.Pic = 13;
refShip.QDeck = "ShipDeck6";
refShip.CannonsDeck = 1;
refShip.CargoHold = 1;
refShip.Cabin = "Cabin3"; // The ship's cabin obviously has more than 3 windows on the model, so it uses Cabin3
refShip.Flags.Mast3.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast0.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
// <-- KK

//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.5; // Ship is for pirating in the Golden Age
refShip.period.3 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.5 = 0.0; //
//Nation
refShip.england = 0.0; //
refShip.france = 0.0; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.portugal = 0.0; //
refShip.pirate = 0.5; // It's a Corsair fitted Indiaman, meant for Pirates
refShip.spain = 0.0; //
refShip.america = 0.0; //
refShip.sweden = 0.0; //

refShip.Model = "SwedishIndiaman"; // KK
refShip.CanEncounter = false; // Ship is specific for one Pirate
refShip.CanBuy = false; // ^ SAME AS ABOVE
refShip.Type.Trade = true; // Ship is converted for Pirating, but is still valid for Merchant use
refShip.Type.War = true; // ^ SAME AS ABOVE

refShip.WaterLine = 0.3;
refShip.SpeedDependWeight = 0.5; // These stats were lowered by just a bit, since the ship has been stripped of unused parts for better sailing
refShip.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.6; // ^ SAME THING AS ABOVE
refShip.TurnDependWeight = 0.4; // ^ SAME THING AS ABOVE

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a3 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3 = 1;

refShip.RigType = "Bat";

if(iRealismMode>0 || REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA){
refShip.SpeedRate = 12; // Speed is increased because the ship has been modified with more speed-enhancing features by corsairs
refShip.TurnRate = 50; // Turn rate is not high at all, since I HATE when I see the game's ships turning of the spot, and this is more realistic
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 4; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 0.5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 1.8; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 0.5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 2.5; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 2.0;
}else{
refShip.SpeedRate = 12; // Same thing as the other speed note
refShip.TurnRate = 25; // same thing as the other turning note
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 0.2; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 2.0;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 7; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 6;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 4.0; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 2.0;
}

// Review: Vessel configured as: Corsair Fitted Indiaman // Like it says
// high seas cruiser, deep draft V-hull, MODERATE turn circle (WBT4)
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 159> is henceforth complete
// on this day and date Jan 2 2010, 1146h

even to my surprise, but people liked this ship more than all the ships from the film. I personally prefer the Dutchman) and I say it again ... pirates of the caribbean are not about realism. this is a fantasy universe.
Yeah, but I was not talking about the movie, and what's wrong with adding SOME realism to the game? Yes, the POTC film ships are cool and all, but they are not what I am talking about. Currently POTC is the only Storm Engine Game (I include ERAS as a Storm Engine game since its engine is a rewritten storm engine and the game basically has every COAS feature) with decent features, such as proper naval ranks, realistic ship upgrades, etc, and no other storm engine game really has that.

Yeah, but I was not talking about the movie, and what's wrong with adding SOME realism to the game? Yes, the POTC film ships are cool and all, but they are not what I am talking about. Currently POTC is the only Storm Engine Game (I include ERAS as a Storm Engine game since its engine is a rewritten storm engine and the game basically has every COAS feature) with decent features, such as proper naval ranks, realistic ship upgrades, etc, and no other storm engine game really has that.
Since that's just the point. There is nothing bad. There are no such restrictions either. Therefore, talking about unrealism is not very smart)) It's like playing cyberpunk and getting angry that there are plasma guns instead of M16) the reason itself is amazing) you may not like the color) sailing gear) stupid holes (which I will definitely fix) ok) high ass)) (although for me this is a kind of highlight) but unreality ?!) this is clearly the "other door") your books are not canon here) dear Nameless)

Since that's just the point. There is nothing bad. There are no such restrictions either. Therefore, talking about unrealism is not very smart)) It's like playing cyberpunk and getting angry that there are plasma guns instead of M16) the reason itself is amazing) you may not like the color) sailing gear) stupid holes (which I will definitely fix) ok) high ass)) (although for me this is a kind of highlight) but unreality ?!) this is clearly the "other door") your books are not canon here) dear Nameless)
Who's getting angry? Seems to me your mad & complaining, not us. If you don't like the game features fix it yourself, that's what I've been doing.

What am I mad at?) Where did I say that I don't like the features of the game?) You just don't accept criticism) you attacked me with your realism, although initially I was talking about the quality of performance) but since the conversation went in a different direction ... I just supported it and that's it)

even to my surprise, but people liked this ship more than all the ships from the film. I personally prefer the Dutchman)
Same here, between QAR and the Flying Dutchman, I chose the Flying Dutchman. :yes

I say it again ... pirates of the caribbean are not about realism. this is a fantasy universe.
Depends on how you look at it, even in fantasy you can have realistic ships.
But indeed I don't mind it being in the game, no one forces me to use it.
However New Horizons isn't only in the PotC universe.
The Hornblower storyline for instance has no magic in it, plus there are many other historical ships in the mod as a whole.

I wouldn't want the movie QAR to disappear from the game though, just because I don't use her it doesn't mean others don't.
Just in case I sounded like it.

Who said I care about canon? :p

Seriously though, I don't want the movie QAR to disappear as stated above. People should be able to choose, you choose the movie version, I choose something else.
At the end of the day we both like Sea Dogs and PotC, so no reason to argue for this.
You can definitely like the movie QAR more, after all people have different preferences.
What I think "canon" doesn't have to be canon for you. :yes
If we all liked the same things it wouldn't be fun would it?

Last edited:

Attachments

• SwedishIndiaman_walk.c
    12.4 KB · Views: 193
Back