• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved some question form a newbie !

Items for sale appear randomly. They aren't sold by specific traders. The ammo bag and gunpowder barrel are probably rather rare, so you'll just need to keep looking...

here's the money i found in a tavern bedroom in bonaire port

Attachments

• Bonarie.png
    Bonarie.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
1: That is odd. Tavern bedroom chests should be the same as any other, which means I usually find items in there - mostly medical stuff, occasionally something else. I've never found money in a chest.
Should indeed not be there, unless you put it in there earlier.
And even then, it might disappear, so not really recommended. :wp

3: Get better swords and put them in your weapons locker, which you'll find by going from port to your ship deck, then to your cabin. Your boarders will take whatever weapons you put in the weapons locker, starting with the best, and any crew who survive the battle will put them back. You can also put armour in the weapons locker and the crew will use that, too.
Also potions and cursed coins.

it was the first time i'm in Bonarie so i don't think i put it there first !

and how many officers i can have ? i tried to recuit a surrender captain and when i click "you are hired" option the game stopped working !

Last edited:
You can have a total maximum of 32 passengers, whether they're officers, prisoners or passengers assigned to you by a quest. But you'll know if you've reached that limit because you won't have the options to hire a surrendered captain or to put him in the brig, you'll only be able to let him go or slaughter the enemy crew.

Sometimes the game does crash when you try to hire an officer. Usually it happens to me when I try to recruit someone on the street who has just said "Not often do I encounter such a respectable person", but that's probably because I've altered the dialog file so I can recruit anyone. However, the same bug which causes that could possibly also strike when you try to hire a captured captain. If so, it's a lot more annoying because you can't save game immediately before talking to him.

If you do get a crash upon hiring an enemy captain, you should probably upload your compile.log file so we can see if there is any explanation in there.

here's the log !
Code:
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Enc_Officer_11
Was that captain in the scene with you?

If he was, then that log doesn't give any hints.
You may have to switch on the Levelling debug in PROGRAM\Characters\leveling.c .
I think that's where it's hiding these days anyway, but I can't quite remember....

the scene are just like normal scene i ask him if he want to be officer for me and he said a tempting offer and agree and i chose welcome abroad,the game decided to crash !

the scene are just like normal scene i ask him if he want to be officer for me and he said a tempting offer and agree and i chose welcome abroad,the game decided to crash !
In that case, indeed the only reason I can think of is something wrong with Levelling again.
Can't figure that out without serious debugging though and would require those debug toggles to be enabled.

yeah i do notice that i leveling up a bit too fast than usual !
so may i ask where is the debug toggles at ?
and how can i play with ENB and steam overlay on ? when i play with steam overlay while enabling ENB the screen turn while but the game still running !

See my earlier post for where I think those debug lines should be hiding.
But I don't really remember and cannot check now.

I haven't the foggiest about any "Steam overlay".
What do you need that for?

i don't like playing on windowed mode and when my friend message me i have to save the game and then quit to answer,before i can use steam overlay just fine but starting from build 4.0 i cannot !
but it is no big deal if it can't be help then i'm okay with it !

i'm suck at coding though !

and whenever i play the game,sometime it has auto speak like when i just walking normally without touching the interact button,it still interact with people !

If you mean that you sometimes talk to people in the street without pressing a button to start it, that is true - sometimes they want to talk to you.

Mind you, it can be funny if one of them stops you to tell you "Excuse me, but I can't talk to you right now". Or if a soldier in a tavern stops you, only to say "Leave me alone, I'm off duty". xD

Mind you, it can be funny if one of them stops you to tell you "Excuse me, but I can't talk to you right now". Or if a soldier in a tavern stops you, only to say "Leave me alone, I'm off duty". xD
:rofl :rofl :rofl

and whenever i play the game,sometime it has auto speak like when i just walking normally without touching the interact button,it still interact with people !
There is an option in InternalSettings.h to switch that off.

Back