• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved some question form a newbie !

i see,so i should leave that church alone then !
You can go in. And you can go out. There may even be a monk there, I'm not sure.

But everything else I don't know about; might not be 100% finished. So there isn't so much to be done there at the moment. :shrug

Those "monks" are in a little stand-by mode at the moment. They belong to WoodesRogers quest,
not sure if I'm going to use them here or elsewhere yet.

Those "monks" are in a little stand-by mode at the moment. They belong to WoodesRogers quest,
not sure if I'm going to use them here or elsewhere yet.
Do they have any dialog at all at the moment? If not, how about you add something as a "teaser" for your Woodes Rogers storyline?
Might help people to be encouraged to play it. And at least would seem less odd than if they were mute.... :cheers

If not, how about you add something as a "teaser" for your Woodes Rogers storyline?
Yes that could be done. I wait until I know for sure it's here they going to make some trouble.

anyone have a guide on the side quest the mysterious plants ?
That one is brand new and unfinished. Have a look at the SPOILER section here:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Jan 30] | PiratesAhoy!

Yes that could be done. I wait until I know for sure it's here they going to make some trouble.
Just for clarity's sake, what is the current situation with these guys? Do they have any dialog at all?
Even if you don't use them as an "easter egg/advertisement", even a simple "Leave us alone" dialog might be enough.
Though of course that may still lead to people wondering to why they're there in the first place. But that's OK. ;)

Their original dialogfile (from WoodesRogers) is disabled at the moment.
And it contained only greeting sounds, no actual dialog like:
Code:
if(NPChar.id == "CoastBrother21")
            {
                PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\gr_Richards.wav");
            }
            else
            {
                int CBgreeting = rand(3);
                switch (CBgreeting)
                {
                    case 0: PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Por_m_a_006.wav"); break;

case 1: PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Dut_m_a_035.wav"); break;

case 2: PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Fre_m_a_045.wav"); break;

case 3: PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Eng_m_a_079.wav"); break;
                }
            }

I can of course copy that CoastBrother_dialog.c to the common folder.
The "admiral" has some dialog in his original file, which don't match at all here
so I have to add something for him as well. (in that copied file)

Now try to disturb a religious ceremony or stealing from the collection box! :cheeky

Attachments

• Coastbrothers Turks files.7z
    50.1 KB · Views: 114
Now try to disturb a religious ceremony or stealing from the collection box! :cheeky
Ooooh, dear; what did you DO, Jack? Now you've got me curious!
I'll be looking forward to when I can have a look at those files. :woot

i accidently give nigel blythe god mode,so is there anyway i can disable it ?
Do you have cheatmode enabled? If so, use Numpad 1/3 to select Nigel (assuming he's in your shore party) and then press Numpad 0.

Alternatively, execute this through console (see Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy! for how):
Code:
ch = CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe");
LAi_SetImmortal(ch, false);

Why exactly do you need to do this? Did he leave you and turn hostile?
If so, I think maybe we should add some code to disable godmode at the specific quest moment where he does that.
Do you have a savegame just prior to the point where you have to fight him?

i didn't know i turn god mode for him so i save right before i fight him in the shore ! :(
Then the second part of my post applies. That will work.
Please upload your save, because you're not the first person who did that and I think having a "set godmode off" line in the quest code would solve that forever.

Back