• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

when in port the second ship has no flags but does have flags when at sea
Indeed you're right. Stranger still, it just the PERSONAL flag that doesn't show in port. If I hoist a Spanish one, it works fine. o_O
Perhaps it is just about the same reason why I've been having so much troubles with pirate flags on forts. If that IS the case, it will not be easily fixed. :modding

I'm assuming you're talking purely about the sails now, right? Not the flags. That WOULD be weird. :shock

Sails code change included in the latest update: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/

Confirmed. Personal Flag does not show on Companion Ships in Port.
That is to say, I also DID see it once in a test. But there's definitely something wrong. Same for Pirate Flags.
Plus even if they DO show up, they're not necessarily your own version. Probably related to the fact that there are no group commanders ashore.
I put it on the To-Do list. This will be an annoying one again, I'm sure. :facepalm

Request to all Players

So we're getting pretty close to the public Beta 3 release, so I'd like to remind everyone that some good screenshots would be quite useful for the release article.
Some stuff I'd especially like to see:
- Cartagena Fort in action
- Spanish Treasure Fleet
- Cursed Fleet
- Shotgun Mode

And, of course, anything else that you feel would make for a good shot. :woot

More like this, perhaps...? :rolleyes:
PersonalFlags.jpg

Just added some code to make companion ships ALWAYS use the player's personal and pirate flag.

If ever we need to give companions their own flags, we can sort that out later. For now, this is a simple solution to the problem.
I did notice the game sometimes needs a few seconds before the flags are drawn at all, but after that it seems fine.

Remember that crazy-ass "rigging seen during boarding" bug? Sure it is annoying, but if it looks like THIS, it seems pretty cool to me! :cheeky
CabinAtSea.jpg

You wanted Cartagena fort pics. Are these good enough?
Cartagena fort-1.jpg Cartagena fort-2.jpg

I've always been one of those "Women on ships? Bah Humbug." types until just recently when I started the Devlin storyline. No way to get rid of her so we coexisted. Then got interested in checking out all of the female characters. Got most of them now.

It seems most of them are just Danielle with dyed hair and different clothes. Boring. But there are some different ones.

Blazie is one of my favorites. Definitely different........
Devlin Bazie.jpg

Croft is different enough to be interesting, but I don't like that vest.
Devlin Croft.jpg

Then there are a bunch of Danielles. I do not like that fish eyed look.
Devlin Danielle.jpg

Methinks Petra would be my favorite except that she is wearing a very very tight corset that pinches in her waist too much and makes her look unbalanced.
Devlin Petra.jpg

The Devlin girls are technically the best made of the bunch but look like teenagers to me. Too young!
Devlin-1.jpg Devlin-2.jpg

Maybe I should change my nick from Curmudgeon to Dirty Old Man. :pirate07:

:rofl

Of course pretty much all characters are reskins of stock game ones. And especially when it comes to girls, there weren't many models to choose from.
Those Devlin ones are from AoP, of course. Use Select Storyline to quickly see ALL of them. There are quite a lot of variations now.

How did you get that Napoleonic Spanish soldier in 1550? I don't think that was supposed to be possible. :shock

Could you tell me what model ID he uses? Check your Choose Outfit menu.
I'd like to check his initModels.c entry.

Edit: Well, at least you inspired me to put a period check on the Select Storyline interface model selection.
So no more overkill of all soldiers from all periods with the same portraits to scroll through. :wp

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm adding an "Napoleonic only" line to that guy. He won't be seen again. :cheeky

The one with the rose tattoo? Stylistically it doesn't fit the game world well. That is the reason I don't use most of the nude POTC mod. It just doesn't fit.

Back