• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 3 Released!

Well ppl can always replace those with dummy txt files with the same name to get the game runnin in the mean time.. if they wanna try it out.

Downloading now and one thing I have noticed is that there are 12 downloads of part 1 and 47 downloads of part 2.

Will part 2 work without part 1?

Will part 2 work without part 1?
No, it won't. It may run, but without the installer EXE, there will be all sorts of missing texture and model files.
I had hoped by naming them "Part 1" and "Part 2", people would understand they have to go together.
And I mentioned it on the first line of the download description too. What more could I possibly do!?! :modding

Well what if there's a problem with the installer then? Because I used it twice with the same results.
Actually on my second try the installation didn't even complete. It just unarchived the files in a folder without moving them to where the game was installed. Maybe this was also Windows acting up I donno..

Well what if there's a problem with the installer then? Because I used it twice with the same results.
Actually on my second try the installation didn't even complete. It just unarchived the files in a folder without moving them to where the game was installed. Maybe this was also Windows acting up I donno..
I doubt the installer is the problem. The EXE has an internal check on whether it is complete or not.
Plus the file is tiny, so it is unlikely the upload failed.

I'm much more suspicious of the large archive file. If you have 7-Zip, can you try extracting it manually?
Does that give any error messages or not? It shouldn't do, but it might if the upload or download is corrupted.

I can't check myself at the moment, because I can't download it while I'm also uploading it. o_O

Well, I'll do this:
One the upload finishes, I'll post the link so you can try to download it from another spot.
I'll then download it myself and have WinMerge confirm if it is identical to the file I originally uploaded.

Also, I just saw something that suggests those files ARE missing from the archive. Which doesn't make much sense.
Checking on that right now. :shock

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?
Those files are CONFIRMED MISSING! How is that even possible? Stand by....

It should be OK to install it on top of your earlier installation.

So if I do it like this it will also fix the other missing textures and whatnot? Btw my antivirus is acting up now with this installer :/

Uh? What's the anti-virus complaining about? It is exactly the same as the previous one, with a couple of files added in.
Seriously, security measures ad virus scanners are getting to the point where they're worse than security risks and viruses. :facepalm
But if you don't trust it, I'll happily show you the source code of the installer. :rofl

What missing textures are you having? I don't remember you mentioning those before. o_O

Yea I know its being stupid. Well after I got it running i saw it was missing some textures for the ship interiors. Otherwise it seemed to be working just fine.. didn't get to test it much tho.

Install went fine this time and it looks like the textures are fine as well now. Although I'm gettin a few errors in the log.

Attachments

• system.log
    4.4 KB · Views: 273
Back