• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Translation is complete. It is all depends on the publisher now. I am going to start our PR campaign in a few weeks. You can expect a lot of news and content.
Cheers

Eeeexcellent! We'll do what we can to support your PR campaign! :woot

(At least you'll be HAVING a PR campaign. Age of Pirates 2 never got one. It was released in secret and made ridiculously hard-to-find right from the start! :shock )

Eeeexcellent! We'll do what we can to support your PR campaign! :woot

(At least you'll be HAVING a PR campaign. Age of Pirates 2 never got one. It was released in secret and made ridiculously hard-to-find right from the start! :shock )

Ofc, your help will be most appreciated. I will contact you later. We want more people to become fans of the AoP series.

Do you know the approximate date of publishing English version?
How much the DLC will add?
Would the DVD version be buyable in Poland (or even released in here, cause AOP2 wasn't:( )
Greetings. fjx

(or even released in here, cause AOP2 wasn't:( )
I could never buy it in The Netherlands either. Playlogic did an EXTREMELY good job at NOT distributing that game properly. At all.

I meant that there is no surprise that the publishers are making a "secret" of the game's release. The same happened with CoAS.

I absolutely agree with you but at least CoAS was shown under development at Akellas Homepage for a long time in the past. Just the release came suddenly and unexpected. Also i could buy the german version of CoAS for a very short time from Playlogic over Amazon. I remember all that very well because i ran after that game like the devil after the souls that time and i still have it original. Playlogic is a very bad distributor because you can´t count on them in any way, they don´t even answer to mails! I had to find out on my own, that i only can play CoAS without problems if i use ATI/AMD graphic cards and had to sell my NVIDIA cards because of that.
But anyway, i still don´t understand why POTEHO was not even shown under Development, as it is already released in russian language yet. They didn´t make such a secret out of pirate games before and to me it looks more like careless then secret :(

Playlogic is a very bad distributor because you can´t count on them in any way, they don´t even answer to mails!
Sometimes they do answer to e-mails. Then they refer anyone having a problem with CoAS to their official support forums.
Which strangely enough turn out to NOT be on the Playlogic website but ARE on THIS website. :confused:

I had to find out on my own, that i only can play CoAS without problems if i use ATI/AMD graphic cards and had to sell my NVIDIA cards because of that.
Really? I know these games don't work on Intel Integrated Graphics Cards, but NVIDIA should be OK as far as I'm aware.

...it looks more like careless then secret :(
That's what it was last time too. It wasn't a deliberate secret; they just don't care.
In this case, I don't know how much Akella was involved in anything; not very much at all, I think.

Sometimes they do answer to e-mails. Then they refer anyone having a problem with CoAS to their official support forums.
Which strangely enough turn out to NOT be on the Playlogic website but ARE on THIS website. :confused:
LoL :D

Really? I know these games don't work on Intel Integrated Graphics Cards, but NVIDIA should be OK as far as I'm aware.
you can read all about my "stony way" here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/windows-7-x64-engine-exe-bug.15549/

That's what it was last time too. It wasn't a deliberate secret; they just don't care.
In this case, I don't know how much Akella was involved in anything; not very much at all, I think.
Also CoAS wasn´t really a project from them. As far as i know it was more a FAN - Project. So they were only really involved in Caribbean Tales i think ;)

I haven't been keeping up with much CoAS-related issues at all. But I do know it runs on pretty much the same engine as PotC and that works fine on NVIDIA graphics cards. :shrug

I had a GTX 275 in 2010 and while I did not play COAS then I did have troubles in other games. It turned out to be a combination of unstable drivers and a weak power supply. I now use AMD video cards and a much stronger PSU.
Looking at that thread it seems there was a problem in 2010-11 that has since gone away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back