• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akella is allready testing the english version of this game since end of may.
All I know is that translation was complete and sent to the publisher. Working with them is not easy, yet I assure you that everything is alright. DVD version will be realised we just don't know who will be in charge. Please understand that we don't get much information from Akella but we reveal everything we know here in order to respect the local community.

Cheers.

That is much appreciated, Joruba! Things seem to be a bit similar to when Age of Pirates II was released;
that did happen in the end, but it was slow and messy and never was distributed very well. I hope it'll go at least a bit better this time. :doff

In the meantime: We're looking forward to seeing the game! Can you share any more information/screenshots/videos?
We'd be happy to do a bit of pre-advertising for you! :onya

No worries, we will do our best to advertise and promote the game. I will post vids/screenshots as soon as I'll know release date. Of course, your help will be most appreciated.;)

@ Pieter

i never said that i´m always thinking positive as life isn´t always positive. Principly i´m a positive and friendy person that always tries to respect others as much as possible. But i´m also experienced enough to realize if someone or something is fooling or playing around. At the moment i like very much to see you coming out of yourself a bit too ;)

Not only checked. It should be edited by a native english speaker. Don't forget about voice over, testing and releasing. It is not an easy process nowdays. I wish we could sell the game righ now, yet reality is dictating us it's own rules.
Stay tuned, everything is fine.

Voice over? What voice work do you have in the game? You've got me a bit curious there! :cheeky

We (the studio) have done everything to ensure the game's release, it's up to our publisher now.

And I don't think there is any point in pestering the developers for a release any further.
Modding teams excepted, the developers and the publishers are two very different companies and usually don't even have much to do with each other, I think.
Joruba and his team have done what they can; it is out of their hands now.

I wouldn't mind some more information on the specifics of the game, or some screenshots and videos or something. :wp

Sweet! AoP2 was amazing one of my favorite games in terms of overall gameplay, this game almost looks just like it i can see how it might be confused as a mod. Please please please please do not release this game unstable in english, take however much time you need!

Hi, I really want to play a game with naval fighting, land quests with a deep level of immersion... Like Pirates of the Caribbean tried to provide with its clunky mechanics and bugs.... Even with the new Horizons mod, it is simply impossible to play at all...
This game looks interesting but the main problem is that the english version hasn't been published yet :/

I've read that the translation has been finished but the publisher still as to "evaluate" it or something... Will they take much longer?

Until then, can someone suggest me a good naval fighting game with good ship models and playability? I've tried Sea Dogs, Pirates of the Caribbean New Horizons, Pirates of the Burning Sea (Its current state and population levels steers me away from the game), waiting for Wind of Luck BETA... I even played some Empire Total Wars sea battles but it isn't that good...

Any suggestions?

Hi, I really want to play a game with naval fighting, land quests with a deep level of immersion... Like Pirates of the Caribbean tried to provide with its clunky mechanics and bugs.... Even with the new Horizons mod, it is simply impossible to play at all...
What's your problem with New Horizons? The game it's based on is getting old, granted, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable. :shrug
Especially with our latest release, the game is noticeably less buggy and more playable than previous versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back